Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
NY: Make too much for essential plan but cant afford private

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 11:45 am
Im in NY and being priced out of the essential plan. The next plans available have crazy high deductables that are just unaffordable. My job doesnt offer health insurance. What am I to do?

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 12:06 pm
Refuah Healthshare?

mrsjay

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 12:25 pm
We recently joined liberty health share I believe a $1700 deductible about $350 a month for 2 adults

amother
Silver

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 12:27 pm
mrsjay wrote:
We recently joined liberty health share I believe a $1700 deductible about $350 a month for 2 adults

What r the income limits for that?
Im.not op . Though I will also need health ins soon

mrsjay

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 12:30 pm
Pm me

itsmeima

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 12:42 pm
Have you checked Fidelis? They have different options based on your income.

(This is where ObamaCare comes in...)

bestee

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 12:44 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
What r the income limits for that?
Im.not op . Though I will also need health ins soon

It is a healthshare. No income limits

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 12:49 pm
Welcome to the middle class.
It sucks.

seeker

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 1:00 pm
I was in that bracket at some time. It was the most frustrating thing ever. I'm sorry, no advice, just empathy. Obamacare was helpful but it was still a huge sticker shock.

tweety1

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 1:40 pm
seeker wrote:
I was in that bracket at some time. It was the most frustrating thing ever. I'm sorry, no advice, just empathy. Obamacare was helpful but it was still a huge sticker shock.

Huh? Obamacare was helpful?! Why? Cuz you almost won't find solo practices anymore? Cuz you cant have a decent health insurance anymore? Before obamacare I had healthy new york. It was a relatively reasonable deductible, don't remember exactly but somewhere between $150-250 monthly, something that I was able to afford with my dh not high income, since obamacare thats history. You can't find a decent ob / gyn cuz the good ones all take the fancy insurance, healthy new york was quite popular bet the Manhattan ob / gyn; I was able to choose between a few of them. Even the pediatricians are becoming large grps. It has a lot more Cons than pros, the cons by far outweigh the pros.

seeker

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 3:24 pm
Obamacare meaning the tax credits toward health insurance.

Essential plan is what basically replaced Healthy NY.

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 6:27 pm
seeker wrote:
Obamacare meaning the tax credits toward health insurance.

Essential plan is what basically replaced Healthy NY.

And healthy ny can't be compared to the essential plan regarding cost as well as doctor networks.
I long for the blissful days of healthy ny!

amother
Green

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 6:45 pm
Same situation.
I was pregnant on Fidelis essential plan: the referral agencies didn’t know any that accepted it.
I had to pay the dr out of pocket, copays for meds, hospital copay and deductibles!

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 8:52 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
Same situation.
I was pregnant on Fidelis essential plan: the referral agencies didn’t know any that accepted it.
I had to pay the dr out of pocket, copays for meds, hospital copay and deductibles!

I know this is too late for you., But if anyone is reading this in you situation I want to let people know that if you're pregnant on essential plan you must update your insurance application to indicate so. You'll be transferred to Medicaid - free coverage.
Amother Green find out if you can get covered retroactively, if you gave birth not too long ago.

miami85

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 10:07 pm
We were in that position a few years ago and my husband ended up leaving kollel and getting a job and his job offered better insurance than mine--which only covered the two of us, my kids got CHIP, through my husband's work we were all covered. I was SOOO mad at Obamacare when that happened.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics