Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Mandatory Parenting Classes

AliG

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 3:44 pm
Shalom - anyone out there send their children to schools that have mandatory parenting classes or workshops that parents are obligated to attend? I am interested in hearing about this if schools are able to do so and if so how. Thanks! Happy Lag B'Omer.

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 4:20 pm
Yes, my kids' school has these. Usually 3-4 per year. Mandatory means at least one parent has to attend, so dh and I switch off attending these things. They are taught by noted lecturers in the community, either thanks to a generous sponsor or the speaker themself generously donating their time. Sometimes they've been amazing, usually they are so-so, either way, there's always at least one interesting tidbit to be gained.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 4:26 pm
We've had mandatory internet asifos, the idea being that the school won't ban but will empower us to make good decisions, educate us on the deleterious effects of the internet (not frum stuff), and be aware of how the kids can get around things

I've seen ads for a series that Torah Umesorah does in different NY schools and they look really good. A friend told me her daughter said attendance wasn't mandatory but highly suggested.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics