Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Outragous and Heartbreaking
1  2  Next

thunderstorm

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 1:55 pm
I can't wrap my head around this. How could they be so callous after knowing that the boy was autistic??

https://www.theyeshivaworld.co.....ments

smileforamile

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 1:56 pm
Delete

Last edited by smileforamile on Mon, Jul 08 2019, 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total

ShishKabob

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 1:58 pm
There are no words!
And you're telling me this is not galus?

gingertop

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 2:00 pm
Horrible. I hope the outrage changes some things (like the near perfect immunity cops have) but I wouldn't count on it. Look at American police after BLM. Nothing changes. Groups with power will always have violent thugs who abuse said power, especially when they know they can get away with it.

flowerpower

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 2:36 pm
This is terrible!!!😰

Jewishmom8

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 3:03 pm
horrible!!

mammala120

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 3:30 pm
Worse then animals. Very painful to watch

Rappel

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 3:47 pm
Simply wrong.

Rappel

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 3:57 pm
Follow up:
http://www.israelnationalnews......63600

Raw

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 4:01 pm
Makes me sad about the state of humanity. We are all Jews but we are all so different.

imasinger

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 4:16 pm
Horrible! That poor kid!

As a parent of kids with ASD, I have to ask -- where were this kid's parents, and why was he encouraged to be at an event as chaotic as the demonstration/bonfire?

thunderstorm

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 4:19 pm
imasinger wrote:
Horrible! That poor kid!

As a parent of kids with ASD, I have to ask -- where were this kid's parents, and why was he encouraged to be at an event as chaotic as the demonstration/bonfire?

From what I read , he was in a group home down the street and when he saw the action he left the home on his own.

momsrus

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 4:20 pm
imasinger wrote:
Horrible! That poor kid!

The article said he came out of a special needs facility.

ora_43

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 4:28 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
I can't wrap my head around this. How could they be so callous after knowing that the boy was autistic??

https://www.theyeshivaworld.co.....ments

I'm not justifying the arrest itself (I didn't understand what was happening in the video, at all), but according to the article they didn't know he was autistic. Once they realized, they let him go.

faigyl

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 5:05 pm
imasinger wrote:
Horrible! That poor kid!

Same. I have an autistic child and there should’ve been much better supervision. Even if the incident with the police wouldn’t have happened it’s still a very dangerous place to be. How are the police supposed to immediately know he’s autistic anyways? The blame is on whoever is supposed to be the caregiver.

imorethanamother

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 5:14 pm
ora_43 wrote:
I'm not justifying the arrest itself (I didn't understand what was happening in the video, at all), but according to the article they didn't know he was autistic. Once they realized, they let him go.

Same here. I have an autistic son, and I watched the unblurred clip repeatedly, trying to see if it was obvious that the child was autistic. It's really difficult, with the commotion and the noise, to understand that he is in fact, disabled. Also, the events leading to the arrest are not shown.

At some point, when they march him over to a vehicle, you can see the police kinda stop and seem unsure of themselves. I think they were realizing that he wasn't behaving normally, and they needed a supervisor to come and help them figure it out. They also started to allow the charedi men to come close to the boy and they were looking around, as if for help.

That being said, no one. NO ONE, disabled or not, should have their heads smacked against the pavement during an arrest.

A group home isn't a prison - no one is supposed to block anyone from leaving. I think some questions remain as to why this child was allowed to come and go - clearly he must be higher functioning and isn't an AWOL risk, so I don't know if we can blame anyone here.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 5:15 pm
The care facility really needs to improve it's security system. If you have residents who are known to wander off, you need to find a way to contain them and keep them safe.

Just like many autistic people are drawn to large bodies of water, others are drawn to fires. Either way, the consequences can be tragic, if not deadly.

dancingqueen

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 5:19 pm
ora_43 wrote:

According to the comments, the police shut down a bonfire and some of the crowd was rioting and throwing rocks at the police.

imorethanamother

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 5:30 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
The care facility really needs to improve it's security system. If you have residents who are known to wander off, you need to find a way to contain them and keep them safe.

Just like many autistic people are drawn to large bodies of water, others are drawn to fires. Either way, the consequences can be tragic, if not deadly.

The care facility can greatly use your funds to do just that. They work on a shoestring budget, and the need is huge.

southernbubby

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 5:41 pm
My grandson, who has a severe form of autism, will probably require a residential facility. Because of his level of functioning, he can't wander around on his own.
I hope that there is a facility in Israel with enough supervision. Maybe there is a way to put some type of identification on Seach Sod residents so that police and rescue workers will act appropriately.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics