Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Outragous and Heartbreaking
Previous  1  2

noosheen

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 7:56 pm
imorethanamother wrote:
The care facility can greatly use your funds to do just that. They work on a shoestring budget, and the need is huge.

Be that as it may, don’t think it’s up to FF to be asked to give money to this facility.

etky

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 2:11 am
ShishKabob wrote:
There are no words!
And you're telling me this is not galus?

Without detracting from the horror of this specific incident, I think it's wrong and obtuse to hold up every perceived shortcoming of the State of Israel - which has flaws like every single human institution in this world - as evidence that nothing singular and momentous has changed in the situation of the Jewish People since its establishment.
For example, here are some of the figures for Lag B'Omer celebrations at Meron published by the Ministry for Religious Affairs yesterday:
15,500,000 Shekel budgeted for the occasion
500,000 - celebrants ascending Har Meron
4,000 buses hired to transport them
5,000 policemen and women securing the event
5 government ministries + 9 government/public bodies involved in the planning and operation of the event

You can choose to miss the forest for the trees.
I prefer to see the forest.

heidi

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 2:16 am
imasinger wrote:
Horrible! That poor kid!

As a parent of kids with ASD, I have to ask -- where were this kid's parents, and why was he encouraged to be at an event as chaotic as the demonstration/bonfire?

This.
A young adult who cannot manage to navigate the big wide world alone should not be left unsupervised.

imorethanamother

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 3:03 am
noosheen wrote:
Be that as it may, don’t think it’s up to FF to be asked to give money to this facility.

Being at that place myself and seeing how desperate they are for funds, I feel like it wasn't fair for people to criticize the "security systems" of the organization. They are amazing and so loving to so many special needs individuals - of all levels and abilities - and to start implementing draconian measures to prevent this from ever happening again doesn't come without a price tag. I thought it was fair to mention it - to whomever happened to criticize.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 3:21 am
imorethanamother wrote:
Being at that place myself and seeing how desperate they are for funds, I feel like it wasn't fair for people to criticize the "security systems" of the organization. They are amazing and so loving to so many special needs individuals - of all levels and abilities - and to start implementing draconian measures to prevent this from ever happening again doesn't come without a price tag. I thought it was fair to mention it - to whomever happened to criticize.

I am happy to hear that they are a high quality organization that cares so much for their residents. Finding a good place is like finding a diamond on the street. I really feel for parents who do not have the resources and koach to handle grown up kids on with special needs. Choosing to place a child in a home can be a heartbreaking decision, unless you feel good about the placement.

If I had any money to spare, I would gladly pay to install locks with codes on all exterior doors. As it is, my bank account is overdrawn, and Shabbos dinner is going to be whatever I can find in the back of the fridge.

I'm not judging too harshly, because my little brother was a Houdini, and could figure out petty much every lock and child proof cabinet by the time he was 2. My parents often found him out on the swing set, stark naked, at 5am.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics