Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Longest lasting makeup recommendations
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Pink

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 9:53 am
Anyone have recommendations for long lasting eye liner? I know people like to do liquid, but if I did that I would need one with a very fine/small tip as I don’t like very thick thick eye liner. Any recommendations?[quote]

I recently got the Careline semi permanent I think its called and literally lasted like crazy on pesach. I put it on erev pesach and didn't come off even after my shower motzai. the only way to remove it is with a oil based remover BTW

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 10:33 am
[quote=I recently got the Careline semi permanent I think its called and literally lasted like crazy on pesach. I put it on erev pesach and didn't come off even after my shower motzai. the only way to remove it is with a oil based remover BTW[/quote]

Thanks! Is it this exact product? https://www.amazon.com/Carelin.....2DT3G

amother
Pink

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 10:34 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
[quote=I recently got the Careline semi permanent I think its called and literally lasted like crazy on pesach. I put it on erev pesach and didn't come off even after my shower motzai. the only way to remove it is with a oil based remover BTW

Thanks! Is it this exact product? https://www.amazon.com/Carelin.....uote]

yes

amother
Gray

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 10:49 am
For me the most important thing is mascara. Like one of the other posters upstream I have thin, blonde lashes and I have not been able to find one that lasts even two days since Estee Lauder stopped making Rain Coat in the late 90s.

Does anyone have a mascara that LASTS?

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 10:58 am
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
yes

Thanks!

mommy201

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 11:58 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Anyone have recommendations for long lasting eye liner? I know people like to do liquid, but if I did that I would need one with a very fine/small tip as I don’t like very thick thick eye liner. Any recommendations?

I once heard from a well known makeup artist to shmush the eyeliner into your lashes line on top to give it a longer lasting look.

I used gel eye liner with a pencil, I do a few layers and use this technique - definitely has helped.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 12:05 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
For me the most important thing is mascara. Like one of the other posters upstream I have thin, blonde lashes and I have not been able to find one that lasts even two days since Estee Lauder stopped making Rain Coat in the late 90s.

Does anyone have a mascara that LASTS?

I have black eyelashes so I don’t pay as much attention/notice how long the mascara really lasts for but I like Lancôme Monsieur Big. I feel like it lasts but I can’t really guarantee that. Sorry Sad

amother
Gray

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 12:50 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have black eyelashes so I don’t pay as much attention/notice Sad

No fair! Both younger Dd (in shidduchim!) and I have blonde lashes and by 2nd day of yt (much less 3rd) people are telling us how tired we look.

An aside -- why do people do that? Do they think it will make the person feel good?

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 1:04 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
No fair! Both younger Dd (in shidduchim!) and I have blonde lashes and by 2nd day of yt (much less 3rd) people are telling us how tired we look.

An aside -- why do people do that? Do they think it will make the person feel good?

Wow that’s really not nice of people to say that! Would you consider putting in false eyelashes before YT?

amother
Gray

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 1:06 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Wow that’s really not nice of people to say that! Would you consider puttinlg in false eyelashes before YT?

Hey OP, it takes all kinds. ...
I've never tried that. It sounds uncomfortable to have something glued to your eyelids.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 1:07 pm
[quote= I recently got the Careline semi permanent I think its called and literally lasted like crazy on pesach. I put it on erev pesach and didn't come off even after my shower motzai. the only way to remove it is with a oil based remover BTW[/quote]

Sorry I forgot to ask you, do you put this on the bottom too or just the top?

amother
Gray

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 1:11 pm
People say the weirdest things. Do you know at a wedding a few months ago I introduced myself to someone with whom I went to hs 30 years ago and she said "you look older and fatter than you did then." I was speechless, but all the way home in the car, DH and I were making up funny responses, so I guess I should thank her for giving us a fun ride home.

amother
Beige

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 1:16 pm
[quote="amother [ Pink ]"]Anyone have recommendations for long lasting eye liner? I know people like to do liquid, but if I did that I would need one with a very fine/small tip as I don’t like very thick thick eye liner. Any recommendations?
Quote:

BH cosmetics has a liquid eyeliner that is a legit permenant marker

nicole81

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 1:16 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:

Whenever I didn't wear makeup at work, specifically mascara, people would ask me if I was ok, tell me I looked tired/sick/etc. This school year I decided not to wear makeup to work on most days. People got used to it and now when I do wear makeup, people rave about how nice or young I look Banging head

amother
Beige

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 1:18 pm
Gray- I'm also very blonde. Maybe tint your lashes? That's what I do. Lasts about 10 days.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 2:19 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
Hey OP, it takes all kinds. ...
I've never tried that. It sounds uncomfortable to have something glued to your eyelids.

I always thought false eyelashes would be gross or feel weird when I did it for my wedding I realized that it only feels weird for the first couple of minutes.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 2:20 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
People say the weirdest things. Do you know at a wedding a few months ago I introduced myself to someone with whom I went to hs 30 years ago and she said "you look older and fatter than you did then." I was speechless, but all the way home in the car, DH and I were making up funny responses, so I guess I should thank her for giving us a fun ride home.

OMG. I don’t understand. Like what was she thinking??????

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 2:20 pm
nicole81 wrote:
Whenever I didn't wear makeup at work, specifically mascara, people would ask me if I was ok, tell me I looked tired/sick/etc. This school year I decided not to wear makeup to work on most days. People got used to it and now when I do wear makeup, people rave about how nice or young I look Banging head

Wow good for you for having that confidence! I don’t know if I could do that...

amother
Gray

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 2:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
OMG. I don’t understand. Like what was she thinking??????

No idea. And she was one of the goody goody "aidel maidel" crowd (not me!), so you would think she would know better.

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 3:01 pm
I recently had someone ask me if I lost a lot of weight. I said, no, why are you asking? She responds: Because you look much older, like your face fell in...

I mean, I know I asked her, but still. Banging head
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics