Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Instant pot made loud screeching sound

abaker

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 7:33 pm
So I was making chicken soup in the instant pot this afternoon. I was right nearby and heard this really loud long screeching sound. Almost like it was vibrating or ringing I don't even know. It kept making the noise.I turned it off right away. Finished cooking it on sautee mode after checking that the pot was not over filled and that the lid was on correctly. I then transferred it to a pot on the stove. I googled it and no answers. Anyone have this?

SixOfWands

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 7:43 pm
abaker wrote:
So I was making chicken soup in the instant pot this afternoon. I was right nearby and heard this really loud long screeching sound. Almost like it was vibrating or ringing I don't even know. It kept making the noise.I turned it off right away. Finished cooking it on sautee mode after checking that the pot was not over filled and that the lid was on correctly. I then transferred it to a pot on the stove. I googled it and no answers. Anyone have this?

As a guess, it was overfilled, the pressure was too high, and it was the emergency valve engaging to release pressure.

abaker

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 8:42 pm
I checked it wasn't passed the max fill line but it was pretty close to it. I never heard this sound before. Would it have stopped eventually? Could I have safely left it?

amother
Wine

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 10:32 pm
Could it have been water in the valve? If the lid is too wet I find that can make a pretty screechy noise while that trapped water boils, and eventually stops.

I wouldn't be concerned about any noisiness from the instant pot, there are no moving parts so it would probably be noise caused by steam.

MiracleMama

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 10:34 pm
Do you clean the valve? It can get clogged up and sputter and make noise.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen