Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Brisket shabbos lunch

ally

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 12:05 pm
Anyone have a brisket recipe that would be good shabbos day?

smileforamile

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 12:35 pm
Someone posted this one once- it's a crockpot recipe. It's absolutely delicious!

Shredded Beef
From Fresh & Easy Kosher Cooking
Serves 8

2 lb. boneless chuck roast (I use brisket, comes out great)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 onion, sliced
2 Tbs. onion soup mix
5 cloves of garlic, peeled
3/4 cup ketchup
1/2 cup light beer
8 buns or club rolls
Toppings as desired (such as sliced red onion, sliced tomatoes, lettuce leaves, etc.)

Place meat into the slow cooker. Top with brown sugar onion slices, soup mix and garlic. Pour ketchup and beer over meat. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 5 hours. Remove the meat. Strain the liquid from the slow cooker; discard solids. Reserve liquid. Use two forks to shred the meat, discarding any large pieces of fat. Place shredded meat back into cooker and pour half the strained liquid over it. Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for 20-30 minutes. Serve in buns or rolls with desired toppings.

ra_mom

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 1:20 pm
I find that cooking anything that long in the crockpot over Friday night and shabbos morning results in a cholent taste no matter what the food is.
Most crockpot meal recipes are delicious cooked on low for around 6 (chicken) to 10 (meat) hours.

smileforamile

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 1:25 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I find that cooking anything that long in the crockpot over Friday night and shabbos morning results in a cholent taste no matter what the food is.
Most crockpot meal recipes are delicious cooked on low for around 6 (chicken) to 10 (meat) hours.

The flavoring prevents that. I don't like cholent meat much, but I like this recipe.

We eat it on pretzel challah. It's great.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics