Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Rubashkin Denied Entry Into U.K.
1  2  3  4  Next

Mevater

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 1:17 pm
Please dont tell me its Jew against Jew. Theres enough Anti-Semitism in England.

https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html

Immigration authorities in the U.K. have reportedly refused to allow Sholom Rubashkin entry moments ago.

Sources confirm to YWN that Rubashkin arrived at the Manchester Airport, where his entry was denied.

Rubashkin has been travelling the world speaking to audiences about his experience, and giving Chizuk to thousands. He was scheduled to speak this Monday and Tuesday in Manchester, in events that were advertised throughout the community.

Multiple sources tell YWN that one or two individuals in the community informed authorities that Rubashkin had a criminal background, and he was reportedly denied entry on that basis. These individuals were upset that the community was hosting Rubashkin and has allegedly promised to cause problems.

He has so far been held for approximately 5 hours at the airport as Askonim are working on assisting in gaining him entry into the country.

Blessing1

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 1:20 pm
I personally think that it's a huge chillul hashem to the world that Rubashkin is being treated as a celebrity. He did a crime, did time, got out, now be quiet about it! There's enough hate as is.
I know afew frum people that committed white collar crimes that are denied access to certain countries, or cannot leave the country they live in. No one is above the law.

Last edited by Blessing1 on Sun, May 26 2019, 1:22 pm; edited 2 times in total

WastingTime

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 1:21 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
I personally think that it's a huge chillul hashem to the world that Rubashkin is being treated as a celebrity. He did a crime, did time, got out, now be quiet about it! There's enough hate as is.

Agree.
Why all the fanfare.

Mevater

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 1:23 pm
Blessing1 wrote:

I am totally against crime, but I dont think there exists EVEN one very wealthy businessperson who hasnt committed some type of white collar crime.

They just dont have investigators with an agenda, looking to gain by publicizing these crimes, and they get out of it.

Metukah

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 1:25 pm
He was in the UK a few months ago, so this is not a matter of UKBA refusing him entry due to his name flagging up as criminal.

Shame on the frum person who snitched on him.

smile12345

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 1:26 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
I know afew frum people that committed white collar crimes that are denied access to certain countries, or cannot leave the country they live in. No one is above the law.

That definitely wouldn't make it okay for a Jew to alert the authorities about him.

Cheiny

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 1:28 pm
Mevater wrote:
Please dont tell me its Jew against Jew. Theres enough Anti-Semitism in England.

https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html

Immigration authorities in the U.K. have reportedly refused to allow Sholom Rubashkin entry moments ago.

Sources confirm to YWN that Rubashkin arrived at the Manchester Airport, where his entry was denied.

Rubashkin has been travelling the world speaking to audiences about his experience, and giving Chizuk to thousands. He was scheduled to speak this Monday and Tuesday in Manchester, in events that were advertised throughout the community.

Multiple sources tell YWN that one or two individuals in the community informed authorities that Rubashkin had a criminal background, and he was reportedly denied entry on that basis. These individuals were upset that the community was hosting Rubashkin and has allegedly promised to cause problems.

He has so far been held for approximately 5 hours at the airport as Askonim are working on assisting in gaining him entry into the country.

While the UK allows in radical muslims as is evidenced by how their country’s crimes committed by muslims have increased by leaps and bounds! Anti-Semitic? Fine. Anti-radical muslim? Racist, and politically incorrect.

ectomorph

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 1:30 pm
Shame on the moser, whose name should be publicised. A cursory examination of the case reveals how Rubashkin was entrapped by a colluding prosecutor, judge, and bank.

Cheiny

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 1:33 pm
Blessing1 wrote:

Being treated as a celebrity?! Chillul Hashem?! Rabbi Rubashkin has done nothing but make a kiddish Hashem wherever he goes and wherever he speaks! He has committed himself to publicly thanking Hashem for releasing him from prison, by teaching other Jews about emunah and how to maintain it even during the worst of situations, which he courageously did throughout his imprisonment.
It’s really disheartening when “our own” turn on other Jews instead of seeing their greatness. We have enough of the other from the many anti semites out there; we don’t need more coming from within.

Last edited by Cheiny on Sun, May 26 2019, 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lesia

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 1:38 pm
He IS a criminal. Are we going to deny that?

Mevater

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 1:49 pm
Lesia wrote:

I think what has to be considered is his wrongdoing relative to his "right"doing.

I dont know anyone, especially the very wealthy, who dont have something they want hidden, to avoid taxes, or when building businesses, etc.

Id like to see the UK deny entry to Jeff Bezos, who I am 100% certain has lots of financial stuff thats hidden.

Cheiny

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 1:53 pm
Lesia wrote:

Excuse me, but he served (more than his share of) his time. He is not a criminal. I wish you his level oF frumkeit, emunah and relationship with Hashem.

Blessing1

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 1:54 pm
Unfortunately lot's of people commit white collar crimes and do stuff they want hidden. But these people are generally not celebrated.

Mevater

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 1:55 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Excuse me, but he served (more than his share of) his time.

+10000000000000000000000

Last edited by Mevater on Sun, May 26 2019, 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Blessing1

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 1:55 pm
Cheiny, one can be the frummest most erlich person, but he did commit a crime, thus making him a criminal. Again, no one is above the law. Even the most seemingly frum an erlich.

Lesia

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 2:03 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Excuse me, but he served (more than his share of) his time. He is not a criminal. I wish you his level oF frumkeit, emunah and relationship with Hashem.

Actually I have a higher level of frumkeit, emunah and relationship with Hashem. Because I haven’t committed any crimes yet. Certainly none on the level he has.

Lesia

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 2:06 pm
Mevater wrote:
I think what has to be considered is his wrongdoing relative to his "right"doing.

I dont know anyone, especially the very wealthy, who dont have something they want hidden, to avoid taxes, or when building businesses, etc.

Id like to see the UK deny entry to Jeff Bezos, who I am 100% certain has lots of financial stuff thats hidden.

He’s a criminal. End of story.
Your comparison to Bezos, who hasn’t been convicted of any crimes, much less idolized as some religious leader after, is ridiculous.

Mevater

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 2:07 pm
Lesia wrote:
Actually I have a higher level of frumkeit, emunah and relationship with Hashem. Because I haven’t committed any crimes yet. Certainly none on the level he has.

Have you run a multi-million dollar business, needing bank loans to keep your business afloat, in order to keep paying hundreds of workers salaries, so they can put bread on their tables and shoes on their kids feet?

https://www.jpost.com/Blogs/Ma.....20046

An innocent man is freed. Alan Dershowitz and numerous congressmen, senators and former US attorneys general spanning the entire political spectrum all put their names and reputations on the line for him. Hundreds of thousands of Jews, and many Righteous Gentiles, celebrate around the world. As usual, this doesn’t stop the social justice warriors (what a complete misnomer if ever their were one).

And if that were the only thing to happen, who would care? If PETA wants to go around smearing the kindest and greatest we have, that’s between them and the bird brains they represent. But when people who know better start hemming and hawing for fear of offending those who are perpetually offended regardless, it’s time to respond with the truth.

In fact, since none of the allegations of criminality hold up (we’ll go into that, painstakingly so), the PETA activists have now taken to spreading outright lies, such as “mistreatment of workers.” This is an especially heinous accusation being that Sholom Mordechai Rubashkin, was not only never accused of mistreating anyone, but was known for paying medical bills for his workers’ children. (Yes, prosecutors were so shocked by his generosity that they turned over every stone, assuming that he must have been using the children as laborers. This was met with laughter by all workers, the numerous youth organizations that he sponsored generously regardless of religion or creed, and disproven by the very PETA tapes that were used to go after him when one wild bull out of thousands caught itself on a hook in the slaughterhouse).

Sholom Mordechai Rubashkin was the man to work for. Several people who he has helped have recently come forward. A young student who was getting married relayed how Rubashkin gave him thousands for his wedding, a shock as he didn’t even know him at the time. Among those who testified to his great spirit were his workers and none had a bad word to say about him. In fact, some of the very activists who are now making these claims were the ones that did untold damage to his workers, shutting down the plant and ending their employment for months. This is so ridiculous it’s like Josef Goebbels accusing Simon Wiesenthal of being an anti-semite. Of course, this is above the heads of most who’ve taken to discussing the case.

Perhaps most troubling, is the cacophony of religious social commentators entering the fray. While many point out that Sholom Mordechai Rubashkin was the victim of nothing less than a modern blood libel (the facts show it and this is the point of the rest of this piece) and while the brilliant and indefatigable Rabbi Yitzchok Schochet has documented how political leader after political leader, including retired attorneys general with little to gain and much to lose, have all put themselves on the line for Rubashkin, others have taken a different course.

Last edited by Mevater on Sun, May 26 2019, 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sebastian

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 2:08 pm
Why can't he just go back to the us? There s no pressing need for him to be in the uk. He can speak via Skype if need be

Lesia

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 2:15 pm
Mevater wrote:
Have you run a multi-million dollar business, needing bank loans to keep your business afloat, in order to keep paying hundreds of workers salaries, so they can put bread on their tables and shoes on their kids feet?

]

Totally irrelevant and apologetic.

And yes, we have known what it’s like to lay off employees from a million dollar company due to lack of funds. Committing a crime is not the answer, no matter how nicely you want to spin it.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics