Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Please help me find clothes!

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 11:08 am
Hi,
any advice/leads?

I'm a petite person. Five feet tall and 100-105 lb. Most adult clothes has me swimming in fabric or just generally looking overpowered, like I'm a kid playing dress up.

However, I'm not a kid--not in age and also not in body shape. I have hips, not flat-chested, etc.

There are many non-Jewish stores that have petite sizes and these tend to fit me perfectly. But for summer it's way too hard to find tzniusdik things in these stores.

Any leads for summer clothes for a petite person?

Do you think I would do better in junior sizes? Ideas of where to go (online or helpful online salespeople, as I love out-of-town)?

Thanks!

dankbar

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 11:16 am
People posted such nice dresses from Amazon

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 11:23 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi,
any advice/leads?

I'm a petite person. Five feet tall and 100-105 lb. Most adult clothes has me swimming in fabric or just generally looking overpowered, like I'm a kid playing dress up.

However, I'm not a kid--not in age and also not in body shape. I have hips, not flat-chested, etc.

There are many non-Jewish stores that have petite sizes and these tend to fit me perfectly. But for summer it's way too hard to find tzniusdik things in these stores.

Any leads for summer clothes for a petite person?

Do you think I would do better in junior sizes? Ideas of where to go (online or helpful online salespeople, as I love out-of-town)?

Thanks!

DD is just about your size. She has 1/4 inch on you and weights a little less. I have good luck buying dresses off the regular rack for her at Macys in the better dress department in regular sizes. She does good with DKNY and Calvin Klein. The length is perfect, and so is the fit. She also does good in Norstroms and BCBG. You could also go hunting at the outlet stores.

I tend to buy mature timeless dresses, and she will personalize them with high tops, etc. Generally, everything I bring home fits her. I go up to a size 2 for tznius reasons.

You also should consider tailoring your clothes for a perfect fit.

ETA - she also does great at he H & Ms on 34th street.

yksraya

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 12:12 pm
Skirts you can find at amazon. Dresses too, but make sure it can be returned in case it doesn't fit well.

Tops and dresses at tj max. I like to order and if it needs returns I return to local store. Just make sure to read description, it usually says the length and if it's not returnable to store (some formal dresses).

eshakti.com has custom sizing. They have nice dresses sometimes.

I found a nice dress at macy's (in stores) but don't always have success there.

In stores, I found stuff at ann taylor or loft and at forever 21 and sometimes at h&m.

I used to buy junior stuff or from the stores geared for juniors like mandee etc. Lately my figure is not so girly anymore...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics