Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
How late will you call someone? How early?
Previous  1  2

supermom

Post Mon, Aug 22 2005, 2:59 pm
we don't call anyone after 10:30-11:00 at night since everyone here are late sleepers or shall I say owls. but as for the morning people here are up at six in the morning and they think it is okay to call everyone at that time even to borrow some plastic bowls. Rolling Eyes we once went to a family simcha and everyone knew that since they all went (we came back around two in the morning) and one person had the nerve to wake us up including our kids at 5:45 and someone even knocked on our door loudly at six o'clock in the morning coming to buy an ices!!!

proudmom

Post Mon, Aug 22 2005, 3:06 pm
supermom, that is really rude. Even if I would know that someone is up at 6 I wouldnt dear call someone that early, unless they tell me to wake them up at a certain time

lucky

Post Mon, Aug 22 2005, 4:43 pm
My friend s/t sends me an e-mail, if you r still awake call me. But I would never call people late.Unless its my neighbor upstairs and I hear her puttering in the kitchen. But due to his job, my dh s/t gets called in middle of the night so my ringer can't be off. also my dh gets a wake up call at 4:15.(no an alarm clock is not good enough)

Aish

Post Mon, Aug 22 2005, 7:07 pm
8am-10pm
if you dont want pple calling later, why do you pick up the phone folks????

lucy

Post Mon, Aug 22 2005, 11:19 pm
I wouldn't (with the exception of 2 friends & only 8:30 earliest & if its something important) before 9 AM.
I would call ppl aound 9:30/10 PM. But ppl can call me till 11PM & it's okay. Though so many times after 9:30 I was afraid to call bc thought it might be too late!

queenie

Post Wed, Aug 24 2005, 12:18 am
How early? I wouldn't call anyone before 9am during the week and only after 10 am on Sunday.

As a general rule I don't call anyone after 10p.m. That's how it was when I grew up and that's what I follow now. I do however answer the phone at anytime of day, especially early in the morning and late at night. I usually figure, who would call me then? It must be important. I don't bother with call display and don't see the point of it but if you have just check who it is before answering.

JEWISHMAMA

Post Wed, Aug 24 2005, 4:31 am
I only call people I really know well between the hours of 7.30 am and 11.30pm.
People can call my house between the hours of 7.00am and 12.00 pm.
If I don´t want any calls I turn off my ringer and leave the answer phone on.

Rivka

Post Wed, Aug 24 2005, 5:45 am
I don't have the option to turn off my ringer and if I do I don't bother looking for it, coz then you 4get to turn it on.
I don;t mind the phone being for me as long as I am awake. But I don't like it when it's call centre in India offering me a new phone service...

de_goldy

Post Wed, Aug 24 2005, 9:43 am
Jewish Mama - I do the same as you, pretty much.

7:45-11:45/50 for ppl I know really well, if it's important.

For my own house, about 7:15-12:00 is fine.

I'm curious - for those of you who wont call someone before 9am on a weekday - do you know ppl who dont start their day before then? Or do you just do it 'in case'. I just can't think of anyone I know who doesn't have to be up much earlier for school/work/kids etc.

lucky

Post Wed, Aug 24 2005, 10:05 am
I am annoyed when s/o calls and says" I hope I didn't wake you". What am I supposed to answer, "Oh Yes you woke me."

imaamy

Post Wed, Aug 24 2005, 10:07 am
Most people I know are up early, but if you have kids to get to school or have to go to work, an early morning call puts you behind.

Mommy912

Post Wed, Aug 24 2005, 10:42 am
lucky wrote:
I am annoyed when s/o calls and says" I hope I didn't wake you". What am I supposed to answer, "Oh Yes you woke me."

I just say, "No, you didn't wake me. I got up when the phone rang."

technic

Post Wed, Aug 24 2005, 10:55 am
LOL LOL LOL

Rivka

Post Sat, Aug 27 2005, 6:11 pm
If I am at work in the morning and someone calls my house....no one will answer it so they will have to leave a message...sometimes they don't get the hint and ring my mobile. Those that ring my mobile obviously know my number and don't realise I am doing an odd all day at work.

queen

Post Sun, Aug 28 2005, 11:37 am
When I was single, my night only BEGAN at 10:30pm....... I couldn't relate to ppl going to bed by 10:30..... as I was busy until 1 or 2am each night. LOL, now that I'm married, we go to bed around 11pm, AND I don't appreciate ppl calling after 10:30pm! How things change with marriage Queen!!!!!!

adorable

Post Sun, Aug 28 2005, 11:42 am
when I call my freinds, those that are still in their first year of marriage as well as those who have a baby, I always ask" is this a good time for you to speak?" if they say not really, hubby coming home now or baby is crying I say ok, just wanted to say hi, take care and they usually call me bck when it is convenient for them.

amother

Post Sun, Aug 28 2005, 11:44 am
we don't keep a phone in our room unless we are expecting an important call (we bring the cordless into the room). I am also a big fan of caller ID and answering machines, I often don't answer if I'm busy or not in the mood. also, remember, you don't have to answer any call you don't want to whenever you don't want to.

de_goldy

Post Sun, Aug 28 2005, 12:01 pm
wow - that was so personal! I can totally understand why you would use 'amother'.

Mommy912

Post Sun, Aug 28 2005, 12:17 pm
I guess not only does this amother not want any unexpected calls, she doesn't want any unexpected responses to her post. Better safe than sorry. Twisted Evil

Post Mon, Aug 29 2005, 3:49 pm
anyone else have the "no phone calls during supper" rule?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics