Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Deyfus Deserving

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 27 2019, 1:49 pm
I sent my daughter to a daycare in Lakewood-not chs.
It was cheaper than most, with amazing hours.
BUT- I feel like that was the only reason parents sent there. There were wayyyy too many children there. The place always smelled. And there was no warmth there whatsoever.
So I rationalized in the beginning. It’s ok my child will get warmth at home. I really couldn’t afford to look for another babysitter financially and logistically. The head of the daycare always had an opinion of what I was doing wrong. She always knew better. Even when I told her what my doctor said she would yell at me and say she’s doing this for so many years it can’t be...
I once came in the middle of the day and one fo the Morah’s there were screaming at a 3 year old in such an angry way...
my daughter would be crying every day when I picked her up..
I saw a baby with a propped bottle and I asked her if she holds my baby or props the bottle. She said we never prop bottles...

I’m a first time mom with no siblings so I didn’t know better at all... I tried not to let her opinions bother me
I feel like a horrible mother but I kept my kid there for a few months until I found a replacement that worked for my needs.
One day, before I was planning on switching her out- because the other babysitter didn’t have space for me yet, I completely lost it.
I came to pick up and my poor baby was screaming in the hallway. And the babysitter is busy yelling at me that my milk is too clear. My baby is gonna lose weight...
I left and while driving home with tears rolling down my cheeks I called my husband and said that was our babies last day there. I don’t care if I can’t go to work, but I’m not bringing her there again. I called the world to see if they would take my baby until the new one had a slot and no one did. I finally called the new babysitter in tears and begged her to take my baby starting the next day and she did.
Once she started going to her new babysitter she’s a changed child. She’s so calm. She’s on a schedule. She doesn’t come home smelling. Her babysitter loves her and it’s evident. Such a big difference from the old place and I can’t believe I didn’t realize how bad it was and didn’t act sooner.
Today, I heard that the old babysitter was shut down. A parent called Deyfus on her.
And a little part of me is dancing. She should never have been open to begin with. How many kids are crying their eyes out there every day. And now they will hopefully go to better babysitters and get their emotional and physical needs met.

ETA. I texted the babysitter after my daughters last day there that I worked out a different arrangement for the next day for my daughter but would pay her for the next few days if she can’t fill the slot. She knew I wasn’t sending after pesach and had that slot filled already.
She got so angry at me and told me that she doesn’t want to see me and will leave my kids pack and play outside..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics