Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Is there a slinky skirt that is slenderizing?

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 12:48 am
Looking for a black slinky skirt that will make me look thinner ...
I’m short...
If you know of one on amazon please post a link. Or a brand name ?

smss

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 1:55 am
The Monte Carlo ones are very slenderizing. You can sometimes find them on Amazon.

DrMom

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 3:00 am
What is the definition of a "slinky" skirt? I had always assumed it was some synthetic close-fitting knit skirt, but I think people here use it to mean anything made of a knit fabric.

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 1:50 pm
The Monte Carlo skirt is the opposite of slimming, imo. I just took my daughter shopping for camp skirts and I know the whole Lakewood teen group is wearing them, but they make even a relatively slim girl look like she has large chunky thighs and sculpt a very round, generous tush. Unless they are worn with untucked longer shirts (which they are not, teens are wearing them with long sleeved t-shirts), the tight tush and thigh area is not always tznius, and definitely not flattering on many girls.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 2:05 pm
Also known as "travel knit". Look for an A-line cut, instead of a pencil or tube style.

A-lines are very forgiving, and make your waist look smaller. I'm very self conscious about my belly and thighs, and an A-line hides all of that.

https://www.travelsmith.com/pr.....rt.do
https://www.magellans.com/item.....+BK+S
https://www.chadwicks.com/prod.....rt.do

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 3:50 pm
I have this in two colors and they fit beautifully! Not too much fabric, not too thin or too thick. Can be worn as wide waistband or bent over. I’m short too, (5’1”) and the length is perfect!

Pink Ice Women's Juniors Classic Stretchy Midi Skater Skirt Black Medium https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015.....0JN4D

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 3:57 pm
If you’re in Brooklyn, there’s one made for Unique Botique that’s very flattering.

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 4:03 pm
Regarding the Monte Carlo, it does of course depend on the body type, but if you size up it can be very slenderizing. My daughter is 5 ft. tall and they look amazing on her, but we do buy a size larger than her usual dress size so that it is not tight around the thighs/tush. It's all she will wear when not in a uniform.

Amarante

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 4:06 pm
I have one in a thicker material which is more forgiving than the lines that are extremely thin and show every single bump.

However, it is how you style the skirts which make them slimming. They are meant to be worn with tunic style tops which ease over the tush and tummy and have an elongating effect.

Also I would buy the coordinating jacket - I.e. black skirt/black longish jacket and then a top that eased over the hips. What you then saw was the vertical line of color on top which created a slimming and elongating effect.

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 4:17 pm
I like this one
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....title
I like that it has the large waste. I think it drapes better. It isn’t super clingy.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 4:57 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Looking for a black slinky skirt that will make me look thinner ...
I’m short...
If you know of one on amazon please post a link. Or a brand name ?

https://www.chicos.com/store/p.....=null

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 5:22 pm
I'm so confused. Isn't a slink skirt always long? Why are we seeing short skirts?

Im also looking for a plain long black skirt.

Twinster

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 5:51 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
I'm so confused. Isn't a slink skirt always long? Why are we seeing short skirts?

Im also looking for a plain long black skirt.

Slinky describes the fabric, not length.

mom2mysouls

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 7:56 pm
Lularoe brand is a nice a-line stretchy material. Online and inexpensive.

smss

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 8:19 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
The Monte Carlo skirt is the opposite of slimming, imo. I just took my daughter shopping for camp skirts and I know the whole Lakewood teen group is wearing them, but they make even a relatively slim girl look like she has large chunky thighs and sculpt a very round, generous tush. Unless they are worn with untucked longer shirts (which they are not, teens are wearing them with long sleeved t-shirts), the tight tush and thigh area is not always tznius, and definitely not flattering on many girls.

So interesting! I'm a size 16-18 and it's one of my most slimming skirts. Maybe next size up? Also, I do wear it with longer tops.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 8:23 pm
You can get travel knits in jackets, tunic, shells, midi skirts, and long skirts.

I listed the midi length here, because OP said she was short. I'm tall, and I prefer the long skirts.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 8:30 pm
smss wrote:
So interesting! I'm a size 16-18 and it's one of my most slimming skirts. Maybe next size up? Also, I do wear it with longer tops.

I guess it depends where your fat is.
Mine is the bottom half including thighs...

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 7:51 am
I just bought a Monte Carlo skirt.
I’m short a usually wear a size 12 skirt. I got a size 14 so it wouldn’t be too tight in the tush area. It’s too long on me so I will have to shorten. I think with the right tops it can look very good.
I’m just wondering.. does everyone wear a slip with these skirts? They are pretty thin...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics