Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
What to wear at bris seuda

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 7:46 am
Title says it all.
Chassidish, won't go to the bris. (Shul is right next to my house. Like less than a minute drive - for all those worrying about the baby..... Wink )
My mil is making the seuda in get house.
Do I wear vochen or shabbos?

allthingsblue

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 7:56 am
Shabbos

pesek zman

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 8:32 am
It’s your baby? Wear whatever you want? Your weekday is probably nicer than my Shabbos anyway! Mazel tov!

aricelli

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 8:50 am
Your clothing fits? Lucky you!

miami85

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 9:06 am
Your simcha, you get to wear shabbos! Mazal tov!

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 9:29 am
Berichim tiyeh! Thank you. Yes. It's my baby.
I'm clueless when it comes to this stuff. I have 9 sisters. And one older brother.... w
We were also an all girls family till now. This is our first son.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 9:32 am
aricelli wrote:
Your clothing fits? Lucky you!

Heehee funny joke! Laugh
Of course not! Until the baby is 3 months maternity wear is perfectly acceptable in my opinion.... slowly you go from maternity to prematernity then you figure out what you'll size will be.....

aricelli

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 9:35 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Heehee funny joke! Laugh
Of course not! Until the baby is 3 months maternity wear is perfectly acceptable in my opinion.... slowly you go from maternity to prematernity then you figure out what you'll size will be.....

Ha- even maternity is tight when my milk starts coming in!
Mazel tov on your little prince- I’m so so happy for you!

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 9:38 am
Most mom's I see by Bris meal wear their shabbos robe.

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 9:47 am
Make sure there's a designated woman in charge of the baby with no other responsibilities other than to be available to take care of him.

My sister once arrived to bris of chassidish relative. She entered the shul and followed the sounds of the newborn's cries to an upstairs room, where he had been placed in an infant seat. There was no adult in sight - MIL's were both downstairs setting up for the bris, men were all in the shul. She says she literally could've walked out with the baby and no one would've known. She stayed in the room (with her toddler children) and comforted the baby till the Mohel came to take him....

Mazel Tov!

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 9:50 am
aricelli wrote:
Ha- even maternity is tight when my milk starts coming in!
Mazel tov on your little prince- I’m so so happy for you!

Haven't thought of that. I apologize. I go up 2-3 size before baby is born still then another 1/2 a size or so. So that's not a concern.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 9:54 am
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
Make sure there's a designated woman in charge of the baby with no other responsibilities other than to be available to take care of him.

My sister once arrived to bris of chassidish relative. She entered the shul and followed the sounds of the newborn's cries to an upstairs room, where he had been placed in an infant seat. There was no adult in sight - MIL's were both downstairs setting up for the bris, men were all in the shul. She says she literally could've walked out with the baby and no one would've known. She stayed in the room (with her toddler children) and comforted the baby till the Mohel came to take him....

Mazel Tov!

Oy poor sheyfala!!! That's terrible! My mil came to take him and and my mother brought him back. He in my arms half hour later!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics