Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Do You have a 250k+ income?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Linen

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 9:29 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
Where does that come in here?

On account of OP's 'feeling' that a lot of people make 250K... not sure how she could 'feel that' other than how people talk about how they spend... or where they live.

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 9:30 pm
Husband makes about 40,000. I am sahm.
For various reasons he can't take a different job now & I can't work now. We are a family of 6. Live in Brooklyn.

amother
Honeydew

there are professions like medicine, big law, controllers (accounting) and marketing/high tech where if one stays in their career they can make 250 and up within 5-10 years. and of course if a business is successful, it just climbs up and up. but most people probably make between 100-150k with both spouses working and less still if they are young and just starting out. not everyone is making that much. besides what is the point of these threads?

amother
Pumpkin

We make over that amount including my salary. 5 kids kh. Not big spenders. Between mortgage, car, food, utilities, tuition, camps etc.. most months we are choking Sad

finprof

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 9:35 pm
Nope! I could but I choose family over money.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 9:36 pm
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
We make over that amount including my salary. 5 kids kh. Not big spenders. Between mortgage, car, food, utilities, tuition, camps etc.. most months we are choking Sad

. where do u live?

amother
Beige

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 9:36 pm
Nowhere near that. That isn't even like a realistic DREAM for us right now.

amother
Gold

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 9:38 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It sounds like many people here do. I'm just wondering what the % is because at the moment it feels like most do.

Don't know how to make a poll...

Way more people make less than $250,0000, than $250,000 or more.

Most judges and most lawyers make way under that.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 9:47 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
. where do u live?

Lakewood. Small house. Not big spenders. Full tuition 5 kids, full health insurance, braces, in addition to what I mentioned before. I can’t be the only one

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 9:57 pm
Also a Lakewooder here making slightly higher than that amount.

5 kids. We pay around 50K a year in taxes, $40K we put away for the future (I know we can skip that but we'd rather be tight and know we can marry off the kids).

I pay full tuition. $30K for 4 kids. We live in a townhouse at $20K a year. We just decided we can't afford a vacation this summer. We'll send the kids to camp but we just don't have the liquid cash to spend on going to vacation.

I appreciate that we can afford to pay our bills, but when you add in medical, dental, utilities and maser, it can get tight at the end of the month.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 10:02 pm

Totally believe it. We make less than that, and also don't pay full tuition. If our salary were to increase, we'd pay more tuition but our standard of living would be exactly the same.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 10:41 pm
this means that in NY area where tuition is a few 1000 more per kid ( and camp too?) one would def. need to make over 300K to pay bills.

amother
Gold

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 10:51 pm
The salary of a New York City Criminal Court and Civil Court judge is $193,500. The salary of a Family Court judge is $208,000.

Poor judges, unless their wives make more money than them. I wonder how they pay tuition.

And they cant be too young to become judges, because they have to be admitted to the Bar for 10 years. So this doesnt happen until their mid thirties. Until then theyre Law Secretaries working for judges and make way less.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 10:55 pm
We combined bring in close to 200k. Bh we can afford what we need and put away some. We have three kids, full tuition bh, and own our own home bh.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 11:08 pm
Lakewood. Small house. Not big spenders. Full tuition 5 kids, full health insurance, braces, in addition to what I mentioned before. I can’t be the only one

Same. Lakewood , 4 kids , $220k and just making it.

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 11:13 pm
you’re not! I’m in same boat though earn closer to 200K than 250K

amother
Jade

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 12:26 am
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
The salary of a New York City Criminal Court and Civil Court judge is $193,500. The salary of a Family Court judge is $208,000.

Poor judges, unless their wives make more money than them. I wonder how they pay tuition.

And they cant be too young to become judges, because they have to be admitted to the Bar for 10 years. So this doesnt happen until their mid thirties. Until then theyre Law Secretaries working for judges and make way less.

Many judges enter the judiciary from private practice in a law firm, although I'm not sure what point you're trying to make

amother
Gold

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 12:41 am
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
Many judges enter the judiciary from private practice in a law firm, although I'm not sure what point you're trying to make

Im having a hard time believing that theres lots of YOUNG people earning in the area of $300,000, if most judges whove been admitted 10+ years, dont make that.

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 1:14 am
Software engineering is another field where you can feasibly earn 250K+ within a few years.

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 3:50 am
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
Yes we do bh. About $350,000.

What type of work do you do?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics