Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Medicaid covered glasses?

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 9:51 pm
Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I'm looking for glasses for a child that are covered by Medicaid but won't look strange. Last time, glasses store guy claimed that there's no such thing. That we need to pay out of pocket and insurance only pays a tiny amount. We can't afford that this time.

Are there specific stores that are good for this? I'm in Brooklyn.

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 10:52 pm
Lens Center has a section with paid insurance glasses and dd got adorable trendy glasses fully covered.

out-of-towner

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 11:18 pm
I don't know what you define as normal, because if you are looking for Medicaid to cover designer frames that ain't happening. But most HMOs have a selection of approved glasses at each site that they work with. I would recommend that you call the providers first and confirm that they have a selection approved by your insurance before you go.

srbmom

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 12:07 am
I got my glasses at Walmart completely covered by Medicaid. They paid for the lenses in full and then gave me a price limit of a certain amount for frames - it was very low, $30 or so. I felt there was enough variety at that price point and was able to pick something but could have also paid the difference out of pocket if I wanted to go with something more expensive.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics