Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Yay!
1  2  Next

Sunny Days

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 2:54 am

Rappel

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 3:34 am
Oh good.

I doubt anti vaxxers will attend, but real information is always good among the public.

whewpy

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 8:06 am
No one is going to be able to convince antivaxxers to give up on their theories, but there are multitudes of people who are on the fence, give vaccines but are uneasy, hear arguements. From antivaxxers and are sort of tentative.....for all those, heres a time and place to ask questions and hear from the establishment what the real story in the trenches are......and what we all need to do to save our neighbors lives!

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 8:07 am
I think it is vaxxers who are more in need of information...this event is a smart move.

mfb

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 8:20 am
Thanks for putting out the word about it! This post should keep being bumped up!
(And maybe if ok’d by a moderator switched to a non vaccine forum so everyone can hear about it.)

itsmeima

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 8:31 am
That’s amazing, I love that they used antivax buzz words!

I see Marcus will be there, if that’s the case the media will definitely be there! If I could, I’d attend to show my support...!

whewpy

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 8:52 am
What the connection with Marcus and the media?

itsmeima

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 9:03 am
whewpy wrote:
What the connection with Marcus and the media?

She was targeted by the anti-vax community!

https://respectfulinsolence.co.....l-go/

southernbubby

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 9:18 am
In general, there is a lot to understand about the various vaccines because unlike the one for measles, the others don't all offer 97% protection, leading people to assume that they are protected when in reality, they need to do more to protect themselves. I hope that aspect is addressed.
On one of my various community WhatsApp groups, an anti-vaxer posted a sappy, manipulative poem supposedly written by a non-vaccinated teenager, calling out the frum community for sinas chinam. Luckily the others in the group ignored the post and refused to engage with the poster. She didn't get the attention that she was seeking and the admin and many group members had long ago asked for vaccine discussions to take place in a separate group but this poster ignored the rules.

Sunny Days

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 9:59 pm
I find it ironic that the same atrium that hosted the other event will host this Smile.
Kind of like a tikkun, no?

Frumwithallergies

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 10:55 pm
Bumping to keep it current!

gamanit

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 11:06 pm
Amazing

amother
Amber

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 11:37 pm
The anti vaxxers are saying Marcus is part of naftuli moster and she’s bad and rabbanim allowing her to talk so yup they got a lot to say

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 11:50 pm
What's sad is that pro-vaxxers are a step behind. Making Pie out of Peach and taking out the Atrium two weeks after. If all these years doctors would have taken their patients concerns and questions seriously, instead of mocking, degrading, or shoving under the rug, they may have been ahead of the game.

yksraya

Post Fri, May 31 2019, 12:02 am
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
What's sad is that pro-vaxxers are a step behind. Making Pie out of Peach and taking out the Atrium two weeks after. If all these years doctors would have taken their patients concerns and questions seriously, instead of mocking, degrading, or shoving under the rug, they may have been ahead of the game.

The problem is the anti vaxers ignore the drs answers.

When I was anti vax, no dr mocked me or degraded me. And they took my questions serious and gave me the answers I needed to hear.

Btw, the Ami last wk had a great article about vaccines. Worth it to read.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, May 31 2019, 12:05 am
yksraya wrote:
The problem is the anti vaxers ignore the drs answers.

When I was anti vax, no dr mocked me or degraded me. And they took my questions serious and gave me the answers I needed to hear.

Btw, the Ami last wk had a great article about vaccines. Worth it to read.

talk for yourself

yksraya

Post Fri, May 31 2019, 12:08 am
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
talk for yourself

That would be "speak for yourself".

Which I do. I say my experience. I have a lot to say on the matter as someone who was anti vax and is now pro vax. I did do proper research and am versed enough on the matter.

mfb

Post Fri, May 31 2019, 12:18 am
yksraya wrote:
That would be "speak for yourself".

Which I do. I say my experience. I have a lot to say on the matter as someone who was anti vax and is now pro vax. I did do proper research and am versed enough on the matter.

Curious what made you change your mind?

yksraya

Post Fri, May 31 2019, 12:22 am
mfb wrote:
Curious what made you change your mind?

The reason I was anti vax was out of fear not to have a child with autism like my severely autistic (nonvaxed) brother. I was brainwashed into thinking shots can cause autism.

It's a long story with personal details as to why I came to the understanding that it was a whole lot of brainwashing. Have done my research and immunized my kids.

itsmeima

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 2:10 pm
I haven't seen it in the local papers - is it happening tonight?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics