Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Dishwashers - 101

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 6:53 am
I need remedial dishwasher help. Please explain to me how you use your dishwasher to save time. What do you use it for? Plates and glasses? Or all the pots you use to prepare your food?

I find I need to pre-clean. By the time I am pre-cleaning, it is easier to finish washing than to load it into the dishwasher and unload later. Also the dishwasher doesn't hold everything I use to cook a meal.

Do you use time delay to run the dishwasher during non-peak hours?

I have 2 dishwashers. I barely use my fleish, and I never used my milk.

How does a dish washer save time?

flower2

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 7:20 am
You shouldn't prewash other than scraping off large pieces of food
Load it w bowls, plates, cups, silverware, Tupperware, mixing bowls, kitchen utensils
If you have space add a pot or pan- but not one w a thick amount of food stuck on

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 7:23 am
flower2 wrote:
You shouldn't prewash other than scraping off large pieces of food
Load it w bowls, plates, cups, silverware, Tupperware, mixing bowls, kitchen utensils
If you have space add a pot or pan- but not one w a thick amount of food stuck on

We use disposables to eat with. My mess is bowls and pots. Are they best for tableware?

nchr

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 7:23 am
Prewashing your dishes inhibits the dishwashing soap from cleaning. Just scape off your fishes. You can put in stainless steel pots or the inside of a crock pot, but I personally would not wash my non stick tefal pans in a dishwasher. I'm pretty sure cast iron and aluminium pots shouldn't go in dishwashers.

Also, dont put in glass, crystal, gold or silver trimmed plates, fine china, wood or large knives.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 7:27 am
nchr wrote:
Prewashing your dishes inhibits the dishwashing soap from cleaning. Just scape off your fishes. You can put in stainless steel pots or the inside of a crock pot, but I personally would not wash my non stick tefal pans in a dishwasher.

I don't get the time saved. It takes time just as much time to load and unload the dishwasher. Also, it doesn't hold everything. I end up with leftover dirty bowls and pots.

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 7:38 am
I got a dishwasher 2 years ago and I love it

I put everything in - I just scrape the food
sometimes I need to clean something after but then it usually comes right off

I find it works best when it's not overfull

it def saves me time
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry