Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Expecting Twins
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 7:48 am
I am beh expecting twins and had a question for those who have done it. does anyone know if I will be able to work straight through the end?

jelly bean

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 7:59 am
b'sha tove! so exciting! its impossible to know. when I was pregnant with twins, I was put on bedrest for a week because baby a baby was very low. after that week I gave birth to them so it was over. some people work strait through and carry full term! there is no way to predict but it is possible

Kiwi13

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 7:59 am
I’m sure it’s possible, but many people have trouble toward the end and need bedrest or just feel more tired and uncomfortable. Bshaa Tova!! How exciting!!

Israeli_C

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 8:05 am
Welcome to the club! Most deliver early. I had trouble walking toward the end. Depends how physical your job is.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 8:24 am
My job is not physical and I'm trying to figure what will be. Will I be able to take care of my kids, will I be able to work from home etc?

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 9:04 am
Also, another question. Is it normal to be more tired then a regular pregnancy?

turca

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 9:15 am
Yes to all of your questions.
I have 2 sets, worked till about 37/38 when I went into labor/induced. I am teacher at a high school, no physical work. From 20 weeks and up, I did rest a lot ( think being by bed at 9 pm and waking up at 7 am). I did hire a mother’s helper and I have a maid.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 9:18 am
So then when do you get things done if you go to sleep early? I work during the day, have 3 kids 2, 4 and 5 and nothing happens when I go to sleep so early. Just trying to figure it out.

Also, I live in Lakewood and very hard to find cleaning help which would be such a help. If anyone knows of anything I would love some information.

Israeli_C

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 11:20 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So then when do you get things done if you go to sleep early? I work during the day, have 3 kids 2, 4 and 5 and nothing happens when I go to sleep so early. Just trying to figure it out.

Also, I live in Lakewood and very hard to find cleaning help which would be such a help. If anyone knows of anything I would love some information.

Prioritize getting lots of rest and take decisions like until when to work one day at a time. I tried to be supermom and do everything by myself without any help and now my twins are 6 months old and I'm struggling with all kinds of illnesses from simply being totally rundown. Eating right, getting enough rest, bringing in help with the kids and cleaning - it's not a luxury, it's a must!

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 11:25 am
I was on bedrest from my 6th... don't run yourself ragged, it will only make you trouble.
Yes, you'll be tired, and yes you must rest. Get cleaning help, eat bread and eggs for dinner, whatever works.
It's a lot harder than a regular pregnancy, but all worth it in the end!

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 11:27 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I don’t know ur financial situation but help shouldn’t be that hard to find....

Israeli_C

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 11:32 am
Get on top of your iron levels now. I recommend 'Spatone' - it's in liquid form and easier on your stomach (lots get constipated from the pill form)

mha3484

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 11:38 am
I have chronically low iron. Spa Tone is fantastic and so are blood builder pills. At one point I was taking both together.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 11:38 am
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
I don’t know ur financial situation but help shouldn’t be that hard to find....

I am willing to pay but cant find. I am looking for like 2 hrs twice a week. do you know of anything?

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 11:48 am
Israeli_C wrote:
Get on top of your iron levels now. I recommend 'Spatone' - it's in liquid form and easier on your stomach (lots get constipated from the pill form)

I happen to be researching Spatone now- and I guess it doesn't have a hechsher. Do I need to ask a rov if it is ok to take?

melbee

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 12:01 pm
I had my twins at 38 weeks and worked right up to the birth, but I work from home and it's mostly sitting at a computer. I could barely walk toward the end, but I was able to make it work. I agree about getting help. My DH took over cooking dinners during that time (and actually still does now, 2 years later), and I hired my very first cleaning lady after the twins were born because I recognized that I could no longer do it all. Once the twins were older, I was able to resume responsibility and we don't need that help anymore but it was an absolutely necessity then. Be honest in what you can handle, and don't feel bad if some things slide. That's the nature of the beast.

I also had a chesed girl come while I was pregnant and after the twins were born to play with my then-youngest, who was 5 at the time. She was his special friend and did all the things I couldn't (jump on a trampoline, sit on the floor building lego, go up and down stairs LOL ). Could you do something similar for your older kids?

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 12:05 pm
I wish. Does anyone know of any girl who would want to come play with my kids for two hours a day from lets 4:30-6:30? (give baths, get into pjs also?) And then I would also love to get cleaning help but I am having such a hard time with that too.

turca

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 12:35 pm
Hang a paper by any shul “ looking for mother’s helper”...
When I did I get things done? All housework was done by maid, cooking was done early morning ( non stress tests were also early morning), appointments, shopping etc were done after 3 pm...

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 12:36 pm
Maybe ask around your block! Tell your neighbor you are having a very hard pregnancy and need help....maybe you will have leads that way.

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 12:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I am willing to pay but cant find. I am looking for like 2 hrs twice a week. do you know of anything?

I live in brookhill. If you are here I can help you. Otherwise it works by the neighborhood. Cleaning ladies clean multiple homes in the same area. Usually they don’t have their own transportation so they get dropped off in the morning and walk from house to house ( within 2-3 blocks) and get picked up in the evening.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more