Home

More measles cases! Can't this just stop?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP


Post  Thu, May 30 2019, 7:07 pm
According to the RCDOT As of May 28, 2019, there are 254 confirmed reported cases of measles in Rockland County. That is up 29 cases from last week. Why hasn't this ended yet?
Back to top

amother




Smokey


Post  Thu, May 30 2019, 7:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
According to the RCDOT As of May 28, 2019, there are 254 confirmed reported cases of measles in Rockland County. That is up 29 cases from last week. Why hasn't this ended yet?


A better question is can’t these measles threads stop? Please post them under any of the other 150 existing ones!!
Back to top

WhatFor




 
 
 


Post  Thu, May 30 2019, 7:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
According to the RCDOT As of May 28, 2019, there are 254 confirmed reported cases of measles in Rockland County. That is up 29 cases from last week. Why hasn't this ended yet?


Because it's highly contagious and not enough people in the community are vaccinated to prevent the spread. Next?
Back to top

amother




Gold


Post  Thu, May 30 2019, 7:33 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
According to the RCDOT As of May 28, 2019, there are 254 confirmed reported cases of measles in Rockland County. That is up 29 cases from last week. Why hasn't this ended yet?

Because RCDOT is not telling you how many cases are active right now. Because my neighbor's DD had measles before Pesach and didn't go to the doctor. Now the kid has a rash. She called the doctor who was afraid it's measles. She told them the kid already had measles, this is not a measles rash. They asked her how she knew that that was measles and this is not. Once she explained (then fever, her other kids had it; now no fever, rash is raised), they allowed her to come into the office. Ergo, another reported measles case which is already long over. (PS it is now a poison ivy rash.)
Back to top

chestnut




 
 
 


Post  Thu, May 30 2019, 7:36 pm
It's now in staten island (few people) and Manhattan (1 person)
Back to top

gamzehyaavor




 
 
 


Post  Thu, May 30 2019, 8:59 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
Because RCDOT is not telling you how many cases are active right now. Because my neighbor's DD had measles before Pesach and didn't go to the doctor. Now the kid has a rash. She called the doctor who was afraid it's measles. She told them the kid already had measles, this is not a measles rash. They asked her how she knew that that was measles and this is not. Once she explained (then fever, her other kids had it; now no fever, rash is raised), they allowed her to come into the office. Ergo, another reported measles case which is already long over. (PS it is now a poison ivy rash.)

Hmm. so poison ivy rash IS allowed to be treated by dr?
Back to top

yksraya




 
 
 


Post  Thu, May 30 2019, 9:01 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:
Hmm. so poison ivy rash IS allowed to be treated by dr?

Lol! For poison ivy I would just use benadryl cream. Unless extremely severe.
Back to top

amother




Gold


Post  Thu, May 30 2019, 9:02 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:
Hmm. so poison ivy rash IS allowed to be treated by dr?

No, dopey. It needed a diagnosis.
Back to top

gamzehyaavor




 
 
 


Post  Thu, May 30 2019, 9:02 pm
yksraya wrote:
Lol! For poison ivy I would just use benadryl cream. Unless extremely severe.

And the oldie- cold calamine lotion (we keep it in the fridge)
Back to top

youngishbear




 
 
 


Post  Thu, May 30 2019, 9:03 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
No, dopey. It needed a diagnosis.


Why? The keitel dreier was unavailable that day?
Back to top

gamzehyaavor




 
 
 


Post  Thu, May 30 2019, 9:04 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
No, dopey. It needed a diagnosis.

I get that. but. you know what? I'll keep my comment to myself Silent
Back to top

amother




Gold


Post  Thu, May 30 2019, 9:06 pm
youngishbear wrote:
Why? The keitel dreier was unavailable that day?

LOL.
When it was measles she knew what it was. A random rash all over the kid's face and she didn't know what it was. She thought it may be a strep rash. She needed the doctor to identify it, and then yes, she has her own methods of treatment.
Back to top

gamzehyaavor




 
 
 


Post  Thu, May 30 2019, 9:06 pm
youngishbear wrote:
Why? The keitel dreier was unavailable that day?

Ahhh! that definitely explains it all.
My sincere apologies for the misunderstanding and judgment casted...
Back to top

gamzehyaavor




 
 
 


Post  Thu, May 30 2019, 9:09 pm
yksraya wrote:
Lol! For poison ivy I would just use benadryl cream. Unless extremely severe.

come to think of it- how can you use benadryl? its so unsafe (sarcasm alert) you should use every essential oil & homeopathic drop available. so much more natural.
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations

Related Topics Replies Last Post
How do I stop kids from saying “candy” every day 10 Today at 12:48 pm View last post
When to stop wearing white skirts?
by amother
15 Today at 12:04 am View last post
School Bus stop consultant
by amother
7 Thu, Sep 12 2019, 9:17 am View last post
CDC warns stop vaping as 5th person dies,many severely ill 14 Wed, Sep 11 2019, 9:34 pm View last post
Can Hasidic Jews stop tourists from entering their ....?
by amother
19 Tue, Sep 10 2019, 9:34 am View last post

Jump to: