Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Let's increase respect between groups
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Jun 02 2019, 12:48 am
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
Wow! your an anti Vaxer and you chanced upon this site?! Such hashgocha pratis!

...said amother peach.

Sunny Days

Post Sun, Jun 02 2019, 12:51 am
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
...said amother peach.

LOL this color has got to be abolished on this forum!
Though I’ve seen threads were smother peach was antivax.

imasoftov

Post Sun, Jun 02 2019, 3:18 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This is the right link. Www.rodefshalom613.org
Check it out if you are open minded and sick of the shaming, naming and blaming.

I am sick of the anti-vaxxxxers. Move to an isolated communtiy with a gate and armed guards keeping you in.

amother
Black

Post Sun, Jun 02 2019, 3:50 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This is the right link. Www.rodefshalom613.org
Check it out if you are open minded and sick of the shaming, naming and blaming.

Better to be sick with days of fever and inconsolable crying like my toddler nephew who was due to receive his measles booster one month after the red rash appeared?

DVOM

Post Sun, Jun 02 2019, 3:52 am
Oy. Not again.

Homeschool your children. Order in your groceries. Spend your chol hamoed afternoons playing in your fenced in back yard. Have your husband daven at home, work from home. Order any new clothing or household items you might need from Amazon (though you won't need much; no one in the family is leaving the house!).

These actions would greatly increase my respect. Everything else is hot air.

amother
Red

Post Sun, Jun 02 2019, 4:28 am
I have several anti vax relatives. No respect after hearing directly from their mouths the nonsense, lies, misinformation, selfishness, and poor me indignation about being threatened by the DOH to not go to the Catskills this summer.

They don't deserve respect when they don't respect my right to not have my baby contract measles.

It's not anymore about "my child is more important then your child" which is ugly enough, but about "my convenience is more important then your child"

Fech. Disgusting. Nauseating. And these ppl hold themselves as holier then thou the frummest of the frum.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Jun 02 2019, 4:49 am
amother [ Red ] wrote:
I have several anti vax relatives. No respect after hearing directly from their mouths the nonsense, lies, misinformation, selfishness, and poor me indignation about being threatened by the DOH to not go to the Catskills this summer.

They don't deserve respect when they don't respect my right to not have my baby contract measles.

It's not anymore about "my child is more important then your child" which is ugly enough, but about "my convenience is more important then your child"

Fech. Disgusting. Nauseating. And these ppl hold themselves as holier then thou the frummest of the frum.

I saw one of the poor me, sappy, manipulative poems on WhatsApp that is supposed to arouse concern for the kids who are rejected for not being vaccinated and calling the rejection "sinas chinam".
I support the right of the government to limit exemptions and to grant minors the right to walk in to any medical facility and demand and receive free vaccines and free vaccine counseling.
Health departments should prepare child friendly information and even coloring books and distribute them to children.

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Jun 02 2019, 5:15 am
I didnt read the whole thread. But OP if you want to increase respect there are so many ways our community can use that. Its more important to increase respect between the different sects than between vaxxers and anti. Use your energy to promote love where we are lacking it.
Eta- thats what I thought this thread would be when I opened

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Jun 02 2019, 5:18 am
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
...said amother peach.

Yeah that's double hashgacha pratis!
As soon as I saw it I knew we had a winner.

happyness

Post Sun, Jun 02 2019, 6:19 am
A friend told my husband "look, loads of people got the measles and mostly everybody is fine. The vaxxers are making such a big deal about the measles..they should just take Vitamin A and they'll be fine"
or "the DOH made such a big deal they made it sound like so many people were gonna die" (yeah, how about all the thousands immune-compromised hiding at home???)
When we get to a point of such a lack of caring for another Can't Believe It
Can't Believe It

unexpected

Post Sun, Jun 02 2019, 6:25 am
I don't see how this site is supposed to promote respect and caring. Antivaxxers were offered a chance to give the mmr, while still retaining their religious exemption for other vaccines. Now, because they refused, gardasil may be mandated here in NY and a vote is being forced on religious exemptions which may undermine many other legal decisions that allow us to practice more controversial aspects of our religion. That's what I understood from the site, so how is that supposed to make me feel better?

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Jun 02 2019, 6:33 am
Why should I respect people who are causing a massive chillul Hashem?? When my coworkers started talking about this, I wanted to hide under a rock because even though I tell them that the anti-vaxxers do not speak for the entire frum community, they are skeptical because the numbers continue to rise. How are you okay with your fellow Jew feeling embarrassed because of YOUR actions?

WhatFor

Post Sun, Jun 02 2019, 6:45 am
Someone out there has a vested interest in making sure measles spreads amongst frum Jews. Most of us don't want measles spreading amongst us, causing frum yidden (and beyond) suffering and death r"l.

But I need to respect the other viewpoint? I can't simultaneously respect the newborn, elderly, and immunocompromised amongst us while respecting those who are, in the nicest possible light, ambivalent about causing them permanent harm.

So no, I won't be respecting the other viewpoint. Respecting the other side would be violating "lo ta'amod al dam rei'echa."

yerushamama

Post Sun, Jun 02 2019, 8:14 am
I have no respect for those who are ignorantly and maliciously anti-vaxx. At the same time, I have neighbors who (due to severe NORMAL reactions - high fever etc) chose not to give the MMR UNTIL THE OUTBREAK STARTED. At that point, those who had not yet had the vaccine or measles were kept home until they were vaccinated. Others, who I also respect, give the vaccines more spread out, but they do vaccinate. When I spoke with them about it (years ago), they said that while they do not believe that vaccines are totally safe, they are safer than the alternative. When there is no outbreak, they rely on herd immunity to keep vulnerable people safe, but in case of outbreaks, they recognize the importance of being "part of the herd".

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Jun 02 2019, 8:20 am
I just don't get the argument that "most people are fine". Does that mean you're okay with some people dying of measles?

leah233

Post Sun, Jun 02 2019, 8:20 am
Calling a website that is anti vaccine propaganda "Rodef Sholom" is very misleading.

In the link for Rav Moshe and vaccinations he isn't quoted as saying anything against vaccinations at all.

He (allegedly) said that the chances of getting rubella aren't high enough for a kallah to get a vaccination for it if that will require her to get involved in a totally different halacha question. He goes on to say she can get vaccinated if she is willing to be machmir on the other question.

I didn't look at any other links but I'm relatively confident they are just as misleading
If the anti vax is so misleading about something so black and white and so in front of you just imagine how they are in other issue that you don't have the ability to verify...

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Jun 02 2019, 8:32 am
amother [ Red ] wrote:

So the antivaxxers say, "my convenience is more important than your child".

Baloney. Of the thousands of responses on all the vax threads on this site, show me a single instance that was said.

You are literally making stuff up. Pathetic. Your relatives don't represent anyone. Not that I believe they really said this.

Sebastian

Post Sun, Jun 02 2019, 8:51 am
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
So the antivaxxers say, "my convenience is more important than your child".

Baloney. Of the thousands of responses on all the vax threads on this site, show me a single instance that was said.

You are literally making stuff up. Pathetic. Your relatives don't represent anyone. Not that I believe they really said this.

anti vaxers who don't keep their unvaxed kids home during an outbreak (and even hire lawyers to sue the doh or schools) are saying my convenience is more important than your child. Of course they phrase it differently but that's what it is

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Jun 02 2019, 8:58 am
mimom wrote:
Let's not be so quick to label others as wrong amd immoral.

I don't label so quickly , but you are definitely wrong and immoral. Just by posting this misleading thread and lying is immoral.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Jun 02 2019, 9:16 am
The mistake in posting a Reform temple is part of the victim hype. The head of the Reform movement feels victimized by the Orthodox.
Some of the medical leadership of the anti-vax movement have been "victimized" by medical boards for practicing dangerous medicine, including but not limited to, their anti-vax stance.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics