Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Let's increase respect between groups
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Jun 02 2019, 12:21 pm
Sebastian wrote:
anti vaxers who don't keep their unvaxed kids home during an outbreak (and even hire lawyers to sue the doh or schools) are saying my convenience is more important than your child. Of course they phrase it differently but that's what it is

Maybe they are misguided. Their cheshbon is that the harm in vaxxing is more significant than the potential harm in not vaxxing. Not "convenience".

C'mon.

amother
Red

Post Sun, Jun 02 2019, 12:31 pm
People who lament how cruel and unreasonable the DOH is by warning them not to go to the country, and others who scheme up fraudulent ways to get their unvaxxed child accepted to sleepaway camp, are saying my child's fun and happiness is more important then your child's safety.

I'm not making this up. These are conversations, two diff families, that I heard first hand.

People like that deserve all the anger directed at them and I'm not mekaneh how they'll have to give din vcheshbon someday.

yksraya

Post Sun, Jun 02 2019, 1:20 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
So the antivaxxers say, "my convenience is more important than your child".

Baloney. Of the thousands of responses on all the vax threads on this site, show me a single instance that was said.

You are literally making stuff up. Pathetic. Your relatives don't represent anyone. Not that I believe they really said this.

This is what happened irl last wk:
Anti vax relative: I really wanted xyz (her dd) to get the measles. Too bad it didn't happen.

Relative sister: Get the measles?!?! Why???

Anti vax relative: So that titers show she is immune.

Me: why? So the school doesn't cause you problems?

Anti vax relative: yes

Relative sister: So then why don't you just give the MMR shot?

Anti vax relative didn't have any answer to that one and kind of made measles seam easy peasy.

Me: Measles is very dangerous, it can cause deafness, brain damage and more. Do You want to take that chance?

Anti vax relative shrugs her shoulder.

Sebastian

Post Sun, Jun 02 2019, 1:29 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
Maybe they are misguided. Their cheshbon is that the harm in vaxxing is more significant than the potential harm in not vaxxing. Not "convenience".

C'mon.

there's no harm in staying home. it's inconvenient that's all.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 8:37 am
I read a news article this morning about vaccine proponents getting death threats. These whose lives are being threatened by anti-vaxers are the researchers trying to save lives in developing countries. So much for mutual respect.

watergirl

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 8:57 am
Well played, OP. Posting a click bate title with a post to drive traffic to a anti-vax site with a click bait name. Loved the anonymous website that you wanted us to see. If these "rabbis" and other people on your site mean what they say, they will put their names behind it and accept the fallout, whatever it may be. Yet they dont. As we know from imamother, anyone can say whatever they want online as long as its anonymous. When asked to stand behind it with your name (or screen name), no one will. Other than the rabbis, Drs, nurses, other REAL medical professionals who have been very vocal with medical and halachic facts to show why we must give vaccines.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 9:07 am
watergirl wrote:
Well played, OP. Posting a click bate title with a post to drive traffic to a anti-vax site with a click bait name. Loved the anonymous website that you wanted us to see. If these "rabbis" and other people on your site mean what they say, they will put their names behind it and accept the fallout, whatever it may be. Yet they dont. As we know from imamother, anyone can say whatever they want online as long as its anonymous. When asked to stand behind it with your name (or screen name), no one will. Other than the rabbis, Drs, nurses, other REAL medical professionals who have been very vocal with medical and halachic facts to
show why we must give vaccines.

The real medical professionals risk their lives to promote vaccines and don't get paid enough to do that but they believe in the betterment of mankind so they do it anyway.

When I see the line-up of quacks and clowns that lead the anti-vax movement, I am flabbergasted that anyone with half a brain takes them seriously.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics