Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
Snickers slice - Thermomix (or not) recipe

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 02 2019, 6:17 am
Okay this isn't the most healthy but I'm posting Anon bc I'm about to bring this to my ILs for an event and don't want anyone to recognise my sn.

This recipe is super easy (like literally a few minutes), and came out so good! If you live in Europe and have a Thermomix, even easier, but if you don't, I'm pretty sure steps 1 and 2 can be done in a food processor, step three in a saucepan. I did step 2 before step 1 and set it aside in a bowl because it's easier to do drier ingredients first.
Also, I substituted vanilla bean paste with vanilla extract and it was totally fine. I hope I don't eat it all before I bring it over, and this is after I doubled the recipe!

hodeez

Post Sun, Jun 02 2019, 6:45 am
Does this taste like dates and cashews ? Or does the honey and cocoa hide those flavors?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 02 2019, 6:53 am
hodeez wrote:
Does this taste like dates and cashews ? Or does the honey and cocoa hide those flavors?

I don't think I would have guessed the ingredients if I didn't know what was in it. It's like a sweet chocolatey and nutty chewy.

I'm not sure how fine a food processor works because I have a Thermomix but the middle layer should be blended to a powder, and the bottom layer should be crushed and blended entirely. You shouldn't have pieces.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 9:22 am
Bumping this for Mevater since I can't post Anon in the forum she just posted requesting bar recipes.
PS- the people eating it thought I had put caramel in it!! Nope, it was just dates. No one could tell it was "healthy". It was devoured right away!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking