Home

Zanvel Zevulun's wife is back with some pertinent questions.
1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shavuos


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


top mom




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Jun 02 2019, 5:01 pm
Hi, fellow nashim tzidkoniyos!
So Zevuly is actively preparing for Shavuos by adding an extra nap every day, so he can stay up Shavuos night! What a perfect Tzaddikel!
He claims that bedtime is the most practical time for his extra nap, even though he would LOVE to help me put Zissy, Zeldy, Zevy, Zechariah, Zahava, Zalmy, Zlaty and baby Zeeshele to sleep.
Oh, and he added another very selfless Chumrah this year. He always used to have the Minhag of having 49 types of dairy dishes on Shavuos, l'zecher .... Yes, the days of Sefira. Yes, he's holy like that Angel
This year, he's being extra Mehadrin and requesting a mere 150 different dairy dishes to symbolize all the kapitlach of the holy tehillim. What tremendous depth he possess Can't Believe It
What interesting minhagim do your Tzaddikim have?
My Zanvush is always ready for more Very Happy


Last edited by top mom on Sun, Jun 02 2019, 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top

crust




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Jun 02 2019, 5:05 pm
I sure hope he took a week off from work to get the sleep needed. One added nap is not enough imo.

Btw, You're blessed. Don't brag. This post can cause E''H ch"v.
Back to top

Einikel




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Jun 02 2019, 5:18 pm
Our Minhag is to sleep (obviously only the women) in rose bushes to symbolize Matan Torah and that Torah is only acquired with yisdurim
Back to top

PinkFridge




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Jun 02 2019, 5:22 pm
top mom wrote:
Hi, fellow nashim tzidkoniyos!
So Zevuly is actively preparing for Shavuos by adding an extra nap every day, so he can stay up Shavuos night! What a perfect Tzaddikel!
He claims that bedtime is the most practical time for his extra nap, even though he would LOVE to help me put Zissy, Zeldy, Zevy, Zechariah, Zahava, Zalmy, Zlaty and baby Zeeshele to sleep.
Oh, and he added another very selfless Chumrah this year. He always used to have the Minhag of having 49 types of dairy dishes on Shavuos, l'zecher .... Yes, the days of Sefira. Yes, he's holy like that Angel
This year, he's being extra Mehadrin and requesting a mere 150 different dairy dishes to symbolize all the kapitlach of the holy tehillim. What tremendous depth he possess Can't Believe It
What interesting minhagim do your Tzaddikim have?
My Zanvush is always ready for more Very Happy


Guy to friend: My wife works really hard to help me remember sefira. The first night she makes one blintz, the second night two, the third night three...
Friend: What happens if she forgets to make them?
Guy: Then I eat the rest without a bracha.
Back to top

Metukah




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Jun 02 2019, 5:23 pm
crust wrote:
I sure hope he took a week off from work to get the sleep needed. One added nap is not enough imo.

Btw, You're blessed. Don't brag. This post can cause E''H ch"v.


Ita.

It always disturbed me that dh is so ready to help at bedtime instead of shteiging and now you just poured salt on the wounds. Sleeping? Likvod hatorah? At the exact time children are being showered and put to sleep? What could be greater than that?
Back to top

PinkFridge




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Jun 02 2019, 5:23 pm
crust wrote:
I sure hope he took a week off from work to get the sleep needed. One added nap is not enough imo.

Btw, You're blessed. Don't brag. This post can cause E''H ch"v.


WADR to topmom and Rabbi topmom, I thought this belonged in the writer's forum Wink
Back to top

soap suds




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Jun 02 2019, 5:25 pm
Einikel wrote:
Our Minhag is to sleep (obviously only the women) in rose bushes to symbolize Matan Torah and that Torah is only acquired with yisdurim

Yisurim? It sounds so romantic! surrounded by fragrant roses all night....
Back to top

soap suds




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Jun 02 2019, 5:27 pm
My personal minhag is to burn all yom tov dishes l'zecher the fire on top of the mountain.
Back to top

Einikel




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Jun 02 2019, 5:27 pm
soap suds wrote:
Yisurim? It sounds so romantic! surrounded by fragrant roses all night....


Yeah reminiscent of shir hashirim
But roses do have thorns.
Back to top

amother




Goldenrod
 

Post  Sun, Jun 02 2019, 5:34 pm
I have to post anonymous, in case someone recognizes my holy husband from this post.

My husband is so frum, that he has asked me to incorporate milk and honey into ALL of the courses for the milchig part of our Shavuos Seudah. We also try to include the number 10 (for the Aseres Hadibros) into our meals.

So we will have 10 challos braided into a unique Torah shape, because they will be kneaded with milk and honey and according to halacha dairy bread must look unique. We will have a salad (the lettuce was grown in hothouses and a specially trained dog sniffed it for bugs, and I check it with a lightbox 3 times) with 10 kinds of vegetables and a honey vinaigrette. I am making a lightly sweetened cream of sweet potato soup. And of course, delicious homemade honey-drizzled blintzes (we like them because they are rolled like a Torah).

We are not allowed to speak to him all day Shavuos because he is busy reviewing the Torah he learned all night so he knows it Baal Peh. I have to be very careful because if the kids forget and talk to him, then he might forget something that he learned, and forgetting your Torah is a big aveira, plus he might forget and get angry and that is also a big aveira.

We sing a special song that my husband composed about the Aseres Hadibros. It takes about 24 minutes to sing, and even though it doesn't really rhyme and the tune isn't really a tune, it is very holy and beautiful once it is over.

My husband also wears a very spiritual costume on Shavuos, so that he will look like Moshe Rabbeinu. It has a really inspirational hat that radiates light. So we give him a mask, like Moshe, in case his face shines too.
Back to top

Einikel




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Jun 02 2019, 5:42 pm
We also all sit frozen in our places while my doh reads us the portion of matan Torah lzecher the fact that all was still when everyone was at har Sinai. If anyone moves he starts again from the very beginning.
Back to top

gamzehyaavor




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Jun 02 2019, 6:45 pm
Another goldenrod, hate to nitpick between all the holiness- but better I be the yenta/shvigger pointing it out then ch’v having the satan catch on & chalila be mekatrig. I really don’t mean to be offensive... but, Ok, so I’m talking about the vinaigrette, please please don’t use that to dress your salad. It might come off as an insult to the holy Torah. You’re doing everything so so right that I’m pashut scared for you.
Please take my words of wisdom with a grain of salt.

Love, your fellow tzadeikus & Eishes chayil to a bigger tzaddik then yours (proof? He wears his Purim wit all yr long)

Edited an autocorrect booboo


Last edited by gamzehyaavor on Sun, Jun 02 2019, 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top

dankbar




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Jun 02 2019, 6:45 pm
I have a special dress that reminds us of the Har- you know the one that has a cone on top- I think Lev Tahor wears it for all year round- but I save it as a special dress lkovod shavuos.

Then I make kolos ubrakim, to remind us of the thunder & lightning at Matan TORAH.
I also make sure to break at least two plates to remind us of the the broken luchos.

I also set a fence around the table that holds the dairy delectable for the kiddush, so nobody can come close or touch before the intended time. , ( that way its not polished off before the guests arrive) but really I put up the fence as a zecher to the fence around the har.

I think we win the holy contest, by far.
Back to top

gamzehyaavor




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Jun 02 2019, 6:56 pm
top mom wrote:
Hi, fellow nashim tzidkoniyos!
So Zevuly is actively preparing for Shavuos by adding an extra nap every day, so he can stay up Shavuos night! What a perfect Tzaddikel!
He claims that bedtime is the most practical time for his extra nap, even though he would LOVE to help me put Zissy, Zeldy, Zevy, Zechariah, Zahava, Zalmy, Zlaty and baby Zeeshele to sleep.
Oh, and he added another very selfless Chumrah this year. He always used to have the Minhag of having 49 types of dairy dishes on Shavuos, l'zecher .... Yes, the days of Sefira. Yes, he's holy like that Angel
This year, he's being extra Mehadrin and requesting a mere 150 different dairy dishes to symbolize all the kapitlach of the holy tehillim. What tremendous depth he possess Can't Believe It
What interesting minhagim do your Tzaddikim have?
My Zanvush is always ready for more Very Happy

What’s up with you- Bc? Only 8? Can't Believe It
Practically speaking now (if you’ll still talk to me after my blunt comment- but got to defend myself- doesn’t pas for such a holy family to not have children in the triple digits... if you can’t birth them- then by all means- do adopt)
Anyway, do where was I? Oh, ya, the dishes & cheesecakes, do you share your recipes? Because we make 613 to signify all mitzvos & (don’t let my other half/tzadik hear this) I’m running out of recipe ideas Surprised Crying
Back to top

Einikel




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Jun 02 2019, 6:59 pm
I think I will delete my previous posts. I spoke to my rav ( my chushuve husband) and he said that anavah is very important shavuous. Especially as that is the lesson derived from the very humble har Sinai
Back to top

Einikel




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Jun 02 2019, 7:02 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:
What’s up with you- Bc? Only 8? Can't Believe It
Practically speaking now (if you’ll still talk to me after my blunt comment- but got to defend myself- doesn’t pas for such a holy family to not have children in the triple digits... if you can’t birth them- then by all means- do adopt)
Anyway, do where was I? Oh, ya, the dishes & cheesecakes, do you share your recipes? Because we make 613 to signify all mitzvos & (don’t let my other half/tzadik hear this) I’m running out of recipe ideas Surprised Crying


We hold that as long as there are 613 ingredients you can be Yotze.
Back to top

keym




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Jun 02 2019, 7:17 pm
We hold my husband sleeps in a different house for the three days leading up to Maan Torah so he doesn't chv give into the tayva of a wife and become tamei.
Back to top

soap suds




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Jun 02 2019, 7:23 pm
I hold a frying pan above DH's head, ready to whack him if he doesn't accept all that I tell him to do. Zecher to Hashem holding the mountain above klal yisroel's head.
Back to top

soap suds




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Jun 02 2019, 7:25 pm
dankbar wrote:
I have a special dress that reminds us of the Har- you know the one that has a cone on top- I think Lev Tahor wears it for all year round- but I save it as a special dress lkovod shavuos.

Then I make kolos ubrakim, to remind us of the thunder & lightning at Matan TORAH.
I also make sure to break at least two plates to remind us of the the broken luchos.

I also set a fence around the table that holds the dairy delectable for the kiddush, so nobody can come close or touch before the intended time. , ( that way its not polished off before the guests arrive) but really I put up the fence as a zecher to the fence around the har.

I think we win the holy contest, by far.

This one takes the cake! Pun intended. This will be my new chumrah of the year.
Back to top

amother




Goldenrod
 

Post  Sun, Jun 02 2019, 7:31 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:
Another goldenrod, hate to nitpick between all the holiness- but better I be the yenta/shvigger pointing it out then ch’v having the satan catch on & chalila be mekatrig. I really don’t mean to be offensive... but, Ok, so I’m talking about the vinaigrette, please please don’t use that to dress your salad. It might come off as an insult to the holy Torah. You’re doing everything so so right that I’m pashut scared for you.
Please take my words of wisdom with a grain of salt.

Love, your fellow tzadeikus & Eishes chayil to a bigger tzaddik then yours (proof? He wears his Purim wit all yr long)

Edited an autocorrect booboo

You know gamzehyaavor, I actually did try to make the dressing one time with just a grain of salt to avoid all things vinegar, but then my poor husband was very grossified by the salad and he, if you pardon my expression, breched it back up. And then he had to eat the whole seudah again from the beginning to be yotzei!

So we asked Daas Torah, otherwise known as my dear and holy husband whose wisdom and humility rival all other mortals, and he paskened that the vinegar can be considered botul since the honey is obviously the main ingredient, which is why it's called HONEY vinaigrette and not vinegar honeygeredt. But not to embarrass the grain of salt, I kashered it and will save it for the saltwater on Pesach (assuming someone can share a recipe, my last one got destroyed when I kashered my Pesach cabinets).

I am very inspired by the beautiful minhagim shared by dankbar. It is actually so interesting, because although I did break many dishes when rushing to bring out the 10 blintzes last year, I hadn't realized that I was just being mechaven and being mekayem such an inspirational minhag!

This year I will try to do it on purpose, although I might take off the blintzes first, because it is our minhag that we lick all honey instead of wiping it up and throwing it out (like we do by the areinfirenish) so my poor children had to lick the honey-drizzled blintzes off the floor. It is a good thing that my cleaning lady had been able to come Motzei Shabbos to wash the floor, because I don't know the halacha if the honey gets dirty. It might be okay to lick anyhow, because of the halacha that bee parts in honey are mutar, so al achas kama vekama holy dirt from holy feet like my husband's. (I don't know why holy feet smell so much, maybe so they can be used for besomim if you run out.)

I don't mean to destroy your Shalom Bayis, but my husband is obviously much bigger of a tzadik than yours. And I am saying this in the most humble way, but when they made up the name "imamother" as the consummate Eishes Chayil, they were referring to me.
Back to top
1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 1 of 5 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shavuos

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Are you going back to in - person EI Speech therapy/ Ot/Pt 22 Wed, Jul 01 2020, 3:52 pm View last post
Preparing to go back to work
by amother
1 Mon, Jun 29 2020, 3:54 pm View last post
‘Coming Back And Biting Us’: US Sees Virus Resurgence
by amother
28 Fri, Jun 26 2020, 9:28 am View last post
Republicans back Israel
by Cheiny
0 Tue, Jun 23 2020, 5:26 pm View last post
Unemployment back pay? When?
by amother
16 Mon, Jun 22 2020, 6:30 pm View last post

Jump to: