Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shavuos
Zanvel Zevulun's wife is back with some pertinent questions.
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Green

Post Sun, Jun 02 2019, 7:54 pm
This thread reminds me of this true story:

On Shavuos after the milchig kiddush, a woman noticed that some strawberry sauce had spilled on her fancy white Shabbos'dige tablecloth. She was a real tzadekes and followed everything to the T exactly as her kallah teacher had taught her. So she was careful not to touch her DH until Motze YT, and then right away called her Rav to ask him what this means for her: a red stain on white. Is she now a nidda?

So the smart Rav asked her is she's noheg to sit on her table. The woman responded in the negative. And the Rav said: Kosher.

Einikel

Post Sun, Jun 02 2019, 7:55 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
This thread reminds me of this true story:

On Shavuos after the milchig kiddush, a woman noticed that some strawberry sauce had spilled on her fancy white Shabbos'dige tablecloth. She was a real tzadekes and followed everything to the T exactly as her kallah teacher had taught her. So she was careful not to touch her DH until Motze YT, and then right away called her Rav to ask him what this means for her: a red stain on white. Is she now a nidda?

So the smart Rav asked her is she's noheg to sit on her table. The woman responded in the negative. And the Rav said: Kosher.
Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Jun 02 2019, 8:03 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:
What’s up with you- Bc? Only 8? Can't Believe It
Practically speaking now (if you’ll still talk to me after my blunt comment- but got to defend myself- doesn’t pas for such a holy family to not have children in the triple digits... if you can’t birth them- then by all means- do adopt)
Anyway, do where was I? Oh, ya, the dishes & cheesecakes, do you share your recipes? Because we make 613 to signify all mitzvos & (don’t let my other half/tzadik hear this) I’m running out of recipe ideas Surprised Crying

Don't worry, she's got plenty of time....From what I recall she is 23.....

amother
Obsidian

Post Sun, Jun 02 2019, 8:44 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
You know gamzehyaavor, I actually did try to make the dressing one time with just a grain of salt to avoid all things vinegar, but then my poor husband was very grossified by the salad and he, if you pardon my expression, breched it back up. And then he had to eat the whole seudah again from the beginning to be yotzei!

So we asked Daas Torah, otherwise known as my dear and holy husband whose wisdom and humility rival all other mortals, and he paskened that the vinegar can be considered botul since the honey is obviously the main ingredient, which is why it's called HONEY vinaigrette and not vinegar honeygeredt. But not to embarrass the grain of salt, I kashered it and will save it for the saltwater on Pesach (assuming someone can share a recipe, my last one got destroyed when I kashered my Pesach cabinets).

I am very inspired by the beautiful minhagim shared by dankbar. It is actually so interesting, because although I did break many dishes when rushing to bring out the 10 blintzes last year, I hadn't realized that I was just being mechaven and being mekayem such an inspirational minhag!

This year I will try to do it on purpose, although I might take off the blintzes first, because it is our minhag that we lick all honey instead of wiping it up and throwing it out (like we do by the areinfirenish) so my poor children had to lick the honey-drizzled blintzes off the floor. It is a good thing that my cleaning lady had been able to come Motzei Shabbos to wash the floor, because I don't know the halacha if the honey gets dirty. It might be okay to lick anyhow, because of the halacha that bee parts in honey are mutar, so al achas kama vekama holy dirt from holy feet like my husband's. (I don't know why holy feet smell so much, maybe so they can be used for besomim if you run out.)

I don't mean to destroy your Shalom Bayis, but my husband is obviously much bigger of a tzadik than yours. And I am saying this in the most humble way, but when they made up the name "imamother" as the consummate Eishes Chayil, they were referring to me.

Love your honeygered. will you share the recipe please?
we actually live by the Honeygeredt method. all my kids are referred to as ziskeit (I'm Honey btw) we also (duh, obviously) talk very sweetly to each other which is the epitome of honeygeredt. you will never ever hear me scream (other then by vanitzak which we recreate as needed).

Please enlighten me though... Whats areinfirenish? not sure I heard of that minhag before. is this the plural for areinfreserish?

Last edited by amother on Fri, Jun 03 2022, 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total

boysrus

Post Sun, Jun 02 2019, 11:51 pm
soap suds wrote:
I hold a frying pan above DH's head, ready to whack him if he doesn't accept all that I tell him to do. Zecher to Hashem holding the mountain above klal yisroel's head.

ROFL! Love this!

top mom

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 12:00 am
gamzehyaavor wrote:
What’s up with you- Bc? Only 8? Can't Believe It
Practically speaking now (if you’ll still talk to me after my blunt comment- but got to defend myself- doesn’t pas for such a holy family to not have children in the triple digits... if you can’t birth them- then by all means- do adopt)
Anyway, do where was I? Oh, ya, the dishes & cheesecakes, do you share your recipes? Because we make 613 to signify all mitzvos & (don’t let my other half/tzadik hear this) I’m running out of recipe ideas Surprised Crying

Gamzeyaavor- You managed to take my biggest insecurity and show it off to the entire Mishpachas Imamother TMI TMI TMI
We ran out of Z names, so if anyone has any Z suggestions please let me know!!
I am NOT on bc duh!duh!duh! Do I sound like the aveira type Can't Believe It Can't Believe It
There are..... other methods available.
ZanvZevul is too busy shteiging most of the time anyway

Einikel

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 12:03 am
top mom wrote:
Gamzeyaavor- You managed to take my biggest insecurity and show it off to the entire Mishpachas Imamother TMI TMI TMI
I am NOT on bc duh!duh!duh! Do I sound like the aveira type Can't Believe It Can't Believe It

Why only z?
Must mean you’re always tired and looking to catch some 😴!

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 12:06 am
Feh! Using other methods!

My husband is very makpid on "trying" every other night when we are trying to be mekayem pru urevu, which is obviously all the time, because we don't just go for the minimum.

And we don't decide names by some Alef-Beis letters! That seems very non jewish to me. We open up a Tanach and point our finger on whatever word, and that's how we name our children. Our oldest, Vayedaber, is quite proud of his unique name. Our daughter Mazria is not as happy, but one day she will thank Hashem for the privilege of being named directly by the Torah.

We can't count our children because it's not halachic, but based on our last Machatzis Hashekel we are up to 22. And one on the way ka"h pu pu pu!

(I think you can all be maskim that we are the holiest of all the families.)

almostlettinggo

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 12:06 am
Soapsuds, you made my night! I almost choked from laughter Rolling Laughter LOL

pause

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 12:09 am
top mom, aka Mrs. Zevulun, you can still give a Zundel.

Boca00

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 12:15 am
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
Feh! Using other methods!

My husband is very makpid on "trying" every other night when we are trying to be mekayem pru urevu, which is obviously all the time, because we don't just go for the minimum.

And we don't decide names by some Alef-Beis letters! That seems very non jewish to me. We open up a Tanach and point our finger on whatever word, and that's how we name our children. Our oldest, Vayedaber, is quite proud of his unique name. Our daughter Mazria is not as happy, but one day she will thank Hashem for the privilege of being named directly by the Torah.

We can't count our children because it's not halachic, but based on our last Machatzis Hashekel we are up to 22. And one on the way ka"h pu pu pu!

(I think you can all be maskim that we are the holiest of all the families.)

I'm crying of laughter! You're hysterical!

top mom

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 12:15 am
Pause- I really appreciate the suggestion. We'll work Wink on it tonight.

Goldenrod, I am LOL LOL at your offspring's names especially your DD
You're an inspiration

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 12:16 am
By the way, Mrs. Zanvel Zevulun, my husband doesn't look at women of course because of Shmiras Ha'einayim, but when he was looking down not to ch"v see your face, he did notice your stomach, and mentioned to me not in a way of Lashon Hara that it was slightly rounder than usual. Are you sure that maybe you're not expecting a new little Zeeskeit but your husband didn't tell you yet? I know that some are makpid not to use EPT kinds of things, because Mei Raglayim can be tumah, but maybe you should ask my husband if he can be matir for you.

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 12:24 am
My minhag is to be under a lot of pressure erev yom tov (starting from a few months before pesach, farshteit zich) l'zecher the mountain Hashem put over our heads.
(Leiyder we didn't reach the frying pan madreiga yet...)

amother
Obsidian

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 12:24 am
top mom wrote:

Well, well. For one I haven’t seen mentioned the names Zeresh, and Zali anywhere. That takes care of your next set of twins.
Second of all. I think this is high time you sit down with your LOR and discuss either: custom names or be meshana minhag ha’ZERAH and choose a dif letter. I mean this is taking themes to a complete different level.

Last edited by amother on Fri, Jun 03 2022, 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 12:27 am
Another very vichtiga minhag is, to gain exactly 10 pounds from all the milchigs we eat. To show that we are willing to fully take upon ourselves the aseres hadibros.

soap suds

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 12:42 am
top mom wrote:

What about Zilpoh? And it's straight from the Torah too. So it's a win-win.
Quote:
By the way, Mrs. Zanvel Zevulun, my husband doesn't look at women of course because of Shmiras Ha'einayim, but when he was looking down not to ch"v see your face, he did notice your stomach, and mentioned to me not in a way of Lashon Hara that it was slightly rounder than usual. Are you sure that maybe you're not expecting a new little Zeeskeit but your husband didn't tell you yet? know that some are makpid not to use EPT kinds of things, because Mei Raglayim can be tumah, but maybe you should ask my husband if he can be matir for you.

Was that deliberate? Another Z for you OP!

pause

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 12:48 am
top mom wrote:
Pause- I really appreciate the suggestion. We'll work Wink on it tonight.

Goldenrod, I am LOL LOL at your offspring's names especially your DD
You're an inspiration

That's real TMI for such a holy tzadekes like you... Will it be through a hole in the sheet?

flowerpower

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 12:50 am
Hey! I wonder if your dh is my Chacham Chaims chavrusa! He also came
Home with chumras the other night. When I asked him to put Chany, Chavy, Chevy, Chemy, Chumy, Chaviva, Chayala, and Chamama to bed he said he can’t because he has to chazer the chazel he just learnt 49 times. He makes me so proud!

Aylat

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 1:46 am
soap suds wrote:
I hold a frying pan above DH's head, ready to whack him if he doesn't accept all that I tell him to do. Zecher to Hashem holding the mountain above klal yisroel's head.

I believe I will accept upon myself this symbolically weighted minhag and extend it to my whole family; after all, children were also present at ma'amad Har Sinai.

In fact, remembering Har Sinai is one of the shesh zechirot that we are supposed to recall every day, so this should really become the new modus operandi for all the daily chores I give to my holy family.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics