Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Uptown #6 train Broadway-Lafayette St / Bleecker St Station?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 5:34 pm
I couldnt find the Uptown #6 train at the Broadway-Lafayette St / Bleecker St station.

There were signs all over that said Uptown #6, that led to other trains, but I couldnt find the Uptown #6.

I usually find things pretty quickly.

runninglate

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 5:39 pm
Where were you starting from? It’s confusing. Say you’re coming from the D train, you need to go up a flight, then down a flight, then walk across the station and take an elevator to the mezzanine.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 5:42 pm
runninglate wrote:
Where were you starting from? It’s confusing. Say you’re coming from the D train, you need to go up a flight, then down a flight, then walk across the station and take an elevator to the mezzanine.

I thought I had walked to both ends of the platform. In any case, if using an elevator is the only option, I wouldnt take the #6 at Bleecker.

Is there another way to get to the Upper East Side from BP (without using the elevator)?

STovah

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 6:45 pm
I’ve done this many times and have never used an elevator. Only one end of the platform goes there (my Citymapper app tells me which end of the D train to get on).

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 8:43 pm
Can anyone who goes from BP to the Upper East Side by train tell me if they know of a way to go, besides changing at Bleecker?

And can anyone using the Uptown #6 train, at Bleecker Str please tell me if they needed an elevator and if not, can they give me instructions please.

Thanks.

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 8:48 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can anyone who goes from BP to the Upper East Side by train tell me if they know of a way to go, besides changing at Bleecker?

And can anyone using the Uptown #6 train, at Bleecker Str please tell me if they needed an elevator and if not, can they give me instructions please.

Thanks.

you dont have to use the elevator. I just found it easier- smell and all because otherwise I got confused...
there is another station you can switch at- though this one is easiest iirc.
can you check google maps?

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 8:54 pm
Which street/ave area do you need to get to?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 8:55 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:
Which street/ave area do you need to get to?

E 91st.

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 8:56 pm
You can always take the 4 at Atlantic ave & switch to the 6 at grand central.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 8:57 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:
there is another station you can switch at-?

It doesnt look like it from this. The only station that both the "D" goes and the "6", is Broadway Lafayette- same as Bleecker.

http://web.mta.info/nyct/service/6d.htm

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 9:02 pm
Which ave are you going to?
you might have more options. like N & then 4 or Q train to 86 street.

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 9:37 pm
I’ve taken the 6 at Bleeker and you don’t need an elevator.

Ahuva's Mommy

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 9:43 pm
There is an escalator in the back car.

chaya35

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 10:56 pm
I just did this today. It is a little confusing. U have to walk to the end of the station and take the stairs up and walk a little and then I think take stairs down.

Fave

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 11:01 pm
I would take the 4 (express) at Atlantic and only switch to the 6 (local) later on down the line (86 street iirc).

Although it’s an extra switchover, you end up saving significant time by taking the express.

seeker

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 11:44 pm
From BP:
Take the F or D train to Broadway-Lafayette.
Walk toward the back of the train.
Walk ALL the way to the back. You may pass several other staircases and an elevator. Just keep walking.
Alllll the way at the back of the train there is an escalator that takes you straight to the uptown 6 train. If you don't like escalator or it's broken, you can walk past the escalator to a nice wide open well-lit staircase going to the same place.

Many years ago it was confusing but then they built that extra staircase/escalator and made it a lot easier. The signage is a little confusing perhaps because you go a totally different way for the uptown and downtown trains. But the directions I posted above are pretty straightforward.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 6:49 am
Thanks everyone!

chaya35

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 8:19 am
chaya35 wrote:
I just did this today. It is a little confusing. U have to walk to the end of the station and take the stairs up and walk a little and then I think take stairs down.

sorry it was an escalator that I took up not the stairs.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 8:57 am
chaya35 wrote:
sorry it was an escalator that I took up not the stairs.

I dont remember seeing an escalator at Broadway Lafayette, only stairs.

When I get off the Manhattan bound D train at Broadway Lafayette, I walk towards the back of the train (towards the last car), and Ill see an escalator that takes me to the Uptown 6 platform?

Definitely no elevator needed?

Thanks.

syrima

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 9:15 am
I recently was trying to switch from the 6 to the F there and ended up paying twice because the signs were sooo confusing! Banging head Banging head
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries