Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Child Proofing

HappyMom5

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 8:18 pm
I am looking for a child lock for my bathroom doors. I have the rectangular lever handlebars. I don’t want to use anything that would leave damage on the doors (holes, sticky residue).

The type of child locks that they use for the round door knobs would be ideal. I can’t find anything like that for the lever type of handle bars!!!

Help! I am totally overwhelmed. It takes literally two minutes to discover that my baby is too quiet to find that he opened the bathroom door and is playing with the toilet!!! It’s dangerous and disgusting. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

yidisheh mama

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 8:26 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT7uu-p9pYY

yidisheh mama

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 8:32 pm
or there's this, which is the only one I found that doesn't tape on and leave sticky residue.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qCk9JmPklQ

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Safet.....m2108

Last edited by yidisheh mama on Mon, Jun 03 2019, 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

mom!

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 8:34 pm
Lock the door! Keep a key in an accessible spot that only adults know of and keep the door locked at all times. Its the only thing I've found helpful.

Seashell

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 8:39 pm
Another option is to get a toilet child proof lock. Look on amazon a bunch of different options.

momsrus

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 8:39 pm
mom! wrote:
Lock the door! Keep a key in an accessible spot that only adults know of and keep the door locked at all times. Its the only thing I've found helpful.

I do this too. It’s the only thing that works

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 9:03 pm
Either lock the door (easiest fix) or get a child proof toilet lid lock.

HappyMom5

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 9:22 pm
Thanks so much for all your quick responses. Firstly. The base of the lever ( the part that’s on the door itself) is square and not round.

Also, if you lock the bathroom door then how do your other younger (even bit older) kids use the bathroom?

animeme

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 9:29 pm
That first video is genius. Even if it only buys you an extra few months it doesn't cost anything.

Fyi, those things for round doorknobs that you mentioned, OP? My other kids couldn't work them.

HappyMom5

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 9:36 pm
I missed that first link by mistake. Thanks so much. Such a brilliant idea. Will definitely give it a try. Thanks so much for researching this for me!!!!

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 9:44 pm
You can also change the door knobs to the round knobs so you can use the childproof gadget.

Sebastian

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 11:00 pm
Lock the door and leave the key in the lock

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 6:07 am
Don't rely on a toilet lock.

DD would get a stool and get into the bathroom sink. She's practice netillat yedayim, but instead of dumping the water back in the sink, she'd dump it all over the floor and flood everything.

It was incredibly cute, but not so good for the floors.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics