Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
Who are your favorite frum Instagram influencers?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 6:32 pm
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
Really??!!

I've been thinking that Lakewood women are primarily interested in having a home business and making money! Would a significant amount of women invest the time and money for a hobby??

Probably not this amount!

gande

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 6:42 pm
My opinion is that most newborn photographers enthusiasts probably follow you becauseyou are #1. For the people who dont have insta you need a print ad.
It doesnt hurt to offer photagraphers with decent followings discounts or money to promote your course to add to the trustworthyness and hype and get people to actually do it..

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 8:07 pm
gande wrote:
My opinion is that most newborn photographers enthusiasts probably follow you becauseyou are #1. For the people who dont have insta you need a print ad.
It doesnt hurt to offer photagraphers with decent followings discounts or money to promote your course to add to the trustworthyness and hype and get people to actually do it..

Thanks for your kind words!

That's a good point, about print ads to target those who don't have Instagram.

I'm also interested in targeting mothers of 20 year olds, who may say to their DD's, "Miri, look at this interesting course I saw advertised! Wouldn't you like to take this and have another skill up your sleeve? It's a flexible business that you can do wherever you end up living!"

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 8:10 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
I am an "influencer" on instagram.
I don't really promote products at all, ocasionally a company will reach out and if they send me something I will write #freestuff or #ad
#sponsored/#ad is usually when they pay you to post it which they don't for me so I just write #freestuff because that is what it is.

I am also extremely honest and will say straight out if I like the product or not.

Reading what you wrote about what you are looking to promote, your best bet in the insta world is probably to reach out to another photographer or two and offer them a discount to your course if they promote it on their stories. Perhaps someone who follows you that you know has a decent following but would like your course.

Now I'm super curious about who you are!!

I can't imagine that photographers who do newborn photography would want to promote me/my course. That would essentially be telling their followers, "My skills aren't as good as Chaya's, so I'm going to learn from her." Hmmm, maybe. I talk about the courses I take.

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 8:15 pm
Really??!!

I've been thinking that Lakewood women are primarily interested in having a home business and making money! Would a significant amount of women invest the time and money for a hobby??

Well not for a hobby, they want to do it as a business. But marketing wise, think about what made you go to the workshops and courses you attended. For me, it was " I want to create that" "I want to do that" and thinking that I'll he able to make a living out of it. I think for creatives, what seals the deal is, if I go to this course, I'll be able to do it. And make money doing it. But to be able to improve your skill, that's what's the pull. Maybe that's just how I feel, but I know that's my pull. So yes, the goal is for them to have a home business, but I don't know if that's how u want to market it. Maybe you can have the angle of I'll teach you how to take great shots AND show you how the business side so you can be profitable, too!".

I honestly think you'll sell out.

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 8:16 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
Probably not this amount!

There were photogs in one of the workshops I attended who did it as a hobby, it was a short, fun fad for them and they moved onto the next thing.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 8:18 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
There were photogs in one of the workshops I attended who did it as a hobby, it was a short, fun fad for them and they moved onto the next thing.

I suppose their husbands earn a lot of money! Good for them!

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 8:18 pm
Now I'm super curious about who you are!!

I can't imagine that photographers who do newborn photography would want to promote me/my course. That would essentially be telling their followers, "My skills aren't as good as Chaya's, so I'm going to learn from her." Hmmm, maybe. I talk about the courses I take.

I disagree. Based on the insta stories I've seen Smile I'm not the poster your quoting here, I posted before, but I messaged u.

UQT

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 9:44 pm
Sounds like you are looking to target a very targeted audience. Advertising in the papers would probably be the way to go. It's around $300 for a full color ad - give or take depends how many weeks you do it. It gets delivered to everyones house for free, you're reaching 15K houses with that.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 10:27 pm
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
Hey! I'm Homegrown Kosher
I see a couple of you mentioned you like my page and I'm blushing!
I've been on Imamother loooong before Instagram so that actually really means a lot to me Smile

I am an influencer, I guess, but I don't make my living on it, that's my what my Bakery is for.
I don't promote many brands, though. One of the reasons is that I'm up front that I won't do it without very clearly indicating it in every story. I lost one brand after they got mad at me for doing that Can't Believe It The other is that I won't promote any brands I don't believe in and stand behind. So it ends up that I turn away more than I accept.

When you see me talking about another account or business without saying anything (just did that a couple days ago) then I'm doing it for free. I love promoting other frum women in business gratis because I believe we all should support each other!

There are some really sweet "big" influencers out there. I've met them in person and I'm actually friends with a couple of them of them. One person I highly recommend is Naomi Nachman. She is one of the nicest and most genuine women I know. She has helped me out so many times. She was a big influence for me in helping and promoting other frum women business owners. I'd definitely recommend her if you're looking for a "big" one.

Wow! Just checked you out- you are so cool! My mom just got into sourdough bread so your page is definitely fascinating for me! I’d love to taste it, can you bring it into Lakewood? Wink

SuperWify

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 10:37 pm
OP your so talented and your followers know that, why don't you just promote it on your page? I’m sure you can get a full group and if you can’t then get another influencer. I have to agree that many Lakewood women are on between carpools because it is run by Lakewood women (I mean, you know how many women I saw in the grocery buying kinneret frozen cookie dough and Dunkin heines brownies to make those cupcakes they had. Ok ok I’m also guilty Can't Believe It).

I have to say Chaya, I love your content because it’s relevant to your work but at the same time you do have some relatable mom life moments with your adorable daughter but not in an overkill way. You’ve really got a nice balance.
I get frustrated from the influences that talk more about their personal lives then their work. I don’t care what adorable outfit your son wore today! And everyday... Or what you ate for breakfast lunch and dinner and snacks and how many coffees you drank and how times you took a bathroom break. Seriously Banging head.

(I clearly remember being about 7 or 8 and I yelled across the hall, “mommmy! I’m going to the bathroom now. I need a make.” Can't Believe It
She yelled back, “honey I really don’t need to know every time you go.”
I had a major epiphany at that moment. I realized that I didn’t need to share every little detail in my life. I learned what oversharing meant in that one sentence she told me.
So I’ll be dlkz here- maybe their moms never taught them...)

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 12:41 am
UQT wrote:
Sounds like you are looking to target a very targeted audience. Advertising in the papers would probably be the way to go. It's around $300 for a full color ad - give or take depends how many weeks you do it. It gets delivered to everyones house for free, you're reaching 15K houses with that.

Agreed, a large percentage of Lakewood women are not on social media at all. You can reach these people with print ads for a relatively inexpensive price.

There was a post recently about the Clip It coupon card that comes with the BP, someone said they got dozens of customers from running a coupon and it’s under $200. It’s only one page so it’s basically like advertising on the front page.

The Voice, Shopper, and BP all go to almost 15k homes too, and have varying levels of readership. It’s directly targeting 15,000 potential customers, not Instagram where the followers on accounts include large swathes of followers who aren’t here, so aren’t relevant to your course.

Either way, I’m sure you’ll do fantastic! Seems a bit pricy but there are definitely those who can afford it, and it’s a valuable skill to have.

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 12:43 am
UQT wrote:

Agreed

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 12:43 am
UQT wrote:

Agreed, a large percentage of Lakewood women are not on social media at all. You can reach these people with print ads for a relatively inexpensive price.

There was a post recently about the Clip It coupon card that comes with the BP, someone said they got dozens of customers from running a coupon and it’s under $200. It’s only one page so it’s basically like advertising on the front page.

The Voice, Shopper, and BP all go to almost 15k homes too, and have varying levels of readership. It’s directly targeting 15,000 potential customers, not Instagram where the followers on accounts include large swathes of followers who aren’t here, so aren’t relevant to your course.

Either way, I’m sure you’ll do fantastic! Seems a bit pricey but there are definitely those who can afford it, and it’s a valuable skill to have.

Ma3

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 1:30 am
The_comic_cook

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 10:08 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
I'm not going to guess who you're talking about, but I used to follow someone just like this. I stopped. This person had just come back from her 50th vacation of the year, posted herself getting a manicure, with the tag, "Back to reality". I couldn't stop laughing.

And then I unfollowed. Life is too short for this nonsense.

OMG I did the same!! Bye Felicia

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 11:02 pm
I stopped following raizycooking because shes extremely dishonest...what hurt and turned me off was last yr when she went on and on about Israeli ppl being poor and then baam it was an ad! If you really have rachmunis on them, dont charge 🤦‍♀️to spread the word...on another post the commenter asked if its sponsored, she quickly edited the post to #sponsored....also not all her products turned out to be that gr8 as she bla bla on....

Chefchaya I would never ever trust. I bought the fluffy yummy pillow she keeps advertising, it's so flat, worse than my home goods one....only difference is that it costed $183!!!!

Comic cool is funny yes, but again I wouldn't trust her and buying stuff she recommends..

So whom do I trust? Hands down to Miriam Pascal! Shes honest, yet she advertises well...plus shes a photographer so maybe you target the same audiance .

My second one is busyinbrooklyn whatever she posts and I bought has been true!

Homegrownkosher has a bakery but shes so cute. She has chickens and I learnt so much from her. But I dont know if she does advertisements.

I'm not sure if from_the_kitch_of_chavs does advertising but shes honest, transparent and wouldn't recommend something she doesn't believe in. She also did photography so maybe she can reach your audience.

And I use Instagram a lot!

shaindy19

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 11:05 pm
Betweencarpool they have a big audience of mostly women...

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 11:41 pm
I also unfollowed raizyscookin. Talk about smug! Same with chefchaya. I like malky weingarten, Toby lebovits and flatbushgirl

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 12:14 am
Flavors_and_spice my favorite
Page 7 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media