Home

Anti Vax Rally in BP - HOW CAN WE STOP THIS??
  Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


MiriFr




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Jun 05 2019, 4:22 pm
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
Let me just tell you one thought that one of the "quacks" said at the event.

He said the the likelihood of getting measles when vaccinated with the MMR is around 4%.
He then said that the likelihood of getting measles without the MMR vaccine is around 5%-6%.
How would you respond to this?


YEAH BECAUSE OF HERD IMMUNITY duhhhhhhhhh
Problem is, anti vaxxers are killing herd immunity
Back to top

momsrus




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Jun 05 2019, 4:25 pm
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
Let me just tell you one thought that one of the "quacks" said at the event.

He said the the likelihood of getting measles when vaccinated with the MMR is around 4%.
He then said that the likelihood of getting measles without the MMR vaccine is around 5%-6%.
How would you respond to this?


I would respond.

What a waste. I spent my entire Sunday by a measles party hoping my 6 kids will be back in school in a week and you’re telling me there’s only 5-6% chance they’re gonna get it.

Laugh
Back to top

amother




Purple
 

Post  Wed, Jun 05 2019, 4:36 pm
momsrus wrote:
I would respond.

What a waste. I spent my entire Sunday by a measles party hoping my 6 kids will be back in school in a week and you’re telling me there’s only 5-6% chance they’re gonna get it.

Laugh

In case you're for real, kids who are at a measles party aren't back in school in a week. There's a week of incubation, a week of sickness, and another week of general overall weakness, pain in eyes, etc.
Back to top

amother




Slateblue
 

Post  Wed, Jun 05 2019, 5:05 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
Can I ask who is the one getting heated here?

Not me.

Opinions??? Nope.

Doctors have FACTS, medicine and scientific research. Anti- vaxers have lies, nonesense "research" emotional appeals and Blood on their hands.

INTELECTUAL debate???

Nope. I can't have an intellectual debate with an irrational quack that thinks they know better than the whole world including doctors who spent decades studying medicine.

Which is why I wont.

U want to have an intellectual debate?? Go to medical school. Pass the boards. Prove u got any INTELLECT in u.

When u graduate I'll listen to what u have to say.

I'm all ears


I just want to start off by saying that I am not an anti vaxxer.

All these doctors, the FDA, the pharmacys, the CDC etc... they are all interested in the money. Its all business. I personally know a doctor who was paid every time he gave a medication so you know what he started doing? He made an assumption of what the patient has before doing any testing and gave the patient a SAMPLE of just a couple pills to start taking the meds until the diagnotic testing and blood work was done. How can you just prescribe something without knowing what the patient has??
No one in the scientific and medicine and doctor industry is going to sponsor such a study proving that vaccines dont work or that are not needed because do you know how many millions all these people in the field make from them!!
Back to top

leah233




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Jun 05 2019, 5:05 pm
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
Let me just tell you one thought that one of the "quacks" said at the event.

He said the the likelihood of getting measles when vaccinated with the MMR is around 4%.
He then said that the likelihood of getting measles without the MMR vaccine is around 5%-6%.
How would you respond to this?


That his claim is obviously baloney

If it were true then communities with 100% vaccination rates and communities with low vaccination rates wouldn't have such significant differences in the frequency of measles being contacted or spreading.

That is aside for many other reasons why such a statistic (even it were true) is meaningless absent a larger context.
Back to top

amother




Slateblue
 

Post  Wed, Jun 05 2019, 5:13 pm
turca wrote:
Two way street? Really? Get into an intellectual debate with a neonazi. Let me know how it goes!


Wow take it down a notch. No one wants to harm their kids. If theyre not giving vaccines they must have a good reason to
Back to top

leah233




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Jun 05 2019, 5:17 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
I just want to start off by saying that I am not an anti vaxxer.

All these doctors, the FDA, the pharmacys, the CDC etc... they are all interested in the money. Its all business. I personally know a doctor who was paid every time he gave a medication so you know what he started doing? He made an assumption of what the patient has before doing any testing and gave the patient a SAMPLE of just a couple pills to start taking the meds until the diagnotic testing and blood work was done. How can you just prescribe something without knowing what the patient has??
No one in the scientific and medicine and doctor industry is going to sponsor such a study proving that vaccines dont work or that are not needed because do you know how many millions all these people in the field make from them!!



This happens to be mostly true but it also applies to all other areas or medicine. Why single out vaccines?

At the end of the day we can all see the effectiveness of vaccines (when was the last time someone got polio?) and the risks of not getting them (thank you anti vaxxers)

Therefore even assuming there are potential (hidden) risks involved they are worth taking.
Back to top

amother




Slateblue
 

Post  Wed, Jun 05 2019, 5:20 pm
leah233 wrote:
This happens to be mostly true but it also applies to all other areas or medicine. Why single out vaccines?

At the end of the day we can all see the effectiveness of vaccines (when was the last time someone got polio?) and the risks of not getting them (thank you anti vaxxers)

Therefore even assuming there are potential (hidden) risks involved they are worth taking.


No ones singling out vaccines. The same people who dont give vaccines are selective in what kind of medications they would give.

No one is out to harm anyone. They truly believe its better and healthier to not take the vaccines at all.
Back to top

unexpected




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Jun 05 2019, 5:25 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
Why does everyone care if they have some event? What is it effecting you? Let them do what they want.

And why cant people listen to the anti vaxxers for once? Maybe, just maybe, they have something legitimate to say. No one is willing to give them the time its all hearing what they're saying in order to have a comeback.

Pepole are sick of talking to them because every conversation goes like this:
Anti: some ridiculous point
Pro: Wait the cdc said it wasn't like that
Anti: oh I don't trust the cdc
Pro:.but my dr said...
Anti: oh I don't trust Dr's
Pro: but what do you say about the fda...
Anti: come on you know not to believe anything from the fda. The fact is that nobody can refute the antivaxxers claim. I'm willing to listen to anybody but nobody can answer any of these perfectly legitimate questions. ...
Back to top

nchr




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Jun 05 2019, 5:46 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
I just want to start off by saying that I am not an anti vaxxer.

All these doctors, the FDA, the pharmacys, the CDC etc... they are all interested in the money. Its all business. I personally know a doctor who was paid every time he gave a medication so you know what he started doing? He made an assumption of what the patient has before doing any testing and gave the patient a SAMPLE of just a couple pills to start taking the meds until the diagnotic testing and blood work was done. How can you just prescribe something without knowing what the patient has??
No one in the scientific and medicine and doctor industry is going to sponsor such a study proving that vaccines dont work or that are not needed because do you know how many millions all these people in the field make from them!!


The vaccine market may be a $20 billion business, but it has saved over $100 billion in medical treatments and over $3 trillion in societal costs. There is lot more money to be made from treating sicknesses than preventing them.
Back to top

amother




Turquoise
 

Post  Wed, Jun 05 2019, 5:53 pm
unexpected wrote:
Pepole are sick of talking to them because every conversation goes like this:
Anti: some ridiculous point
Pro: Wait the cdc said it wasn't like that
Anti: oh I don't trust the cdc
Pro:.but my dr said...
Anti: oh I don't trust Dr's
Pro: but what do you say about the fda...
Anti: come on you know not to believe anything from the fda. The fact is that nobody can refute the antivaxxers claim. I'm willing to listen to anybody but nobody can answer any of these perfectly legitimate questions. ...


Can't like this enough. Except I don't really LIKE this. U just explained it so well.

If it wasn't so sad and costing lives it would make the best comedy.
Back to top

southernbubby




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Jun 05 2019, 6:08 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
I just want to start off by saying that I am not an anti vaxxer.

All these doctors, the FDA, the pharmacys, the CDC etc... they are all interested in the money. Its all business. I personally know a doctor who was paid every time he gave a medication so you know what he started doing? He made an assumption of what the patient has before doing any testing and gave the patient a SAMPLE of just a couple pills to start taking the meds until the diagnotic testing and blood work was done. How can you just prescribe something without knowing what the patient has??
No one in the scientific and medicine and doctor industry is going to sponsor such a study proving that vaccines dont work or that are not needed because do you know how many millions all these people in the field make from them!!


There truly are some bad apples in the medical kingdom as well as in the alternative medicine kingdom. Sheisters exist in both groups.
Back to top

Maybe




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Jun 05 2019, 6:09 pm
leah233 wrote:
This happens to be mostly true but it also applies to all other areas or medicine. Why single out vaccines?

At the end of the day we can all see the effectiveness of vaccines (when was the last time someone got polio?) and the risks of not getting them (thank you anti vaxxers)

Therefore even assuming there are potential (hidden) risks involved they are worth taking.


Vaccines are the financial foundation of pHARMa , NO liability No incentive to make them safer. Well visits are the MDs cash cow, you can verify it with any medical billing company.

To get the facts on polio read dissolving illusions By Suzanne Humphries MD.

Yes vaccines provide a few years of protection against many diseases , but ask the adults who got measles when immunity wore off, that's tough.

Would you rather have measles mumps & chicken pox like In had or G-D forbid cancer & autoimmune ??? https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/p.....1028/ https://physiciansforinformedc.....ancer
Back to top

amother




Turquoise
 

Post  Wed, Jun 05 2019, 6:17 pm
Maybe wrote:
Vaccines are the financial foundation of pHARMa , NO liability No incentive to make them safer. Well visits are the MDs cash cow, you can verify it with any medical billing company.



to quote mommy3b2c 'blah, blah, blah, blah"

PURE LIES, you can VERIFY THAT with any medical billing company. I worked in a medical billing in a large medical clinic. ( which is only why im positingannon- I dont want to give away personal info that identifies me)

THEY GET REIMBURSED PENNIES FOR VACCINES. THEY OFTEN LOOSE MONEY. the cost of the vacine is often more than the insurnace reimburses them.

YOU CAN VERIFY THAT BY LOOKING AT ANY EOB FROM INSURANCE AND COMPARING IT to the cost of purchaing vaccines ( ask mommy3b2c how much they cost and how much her dh makes selling them)

this is why no one will have an Intelectual debate with anti-vaxers.

how do you have an intellectual debate with a lier???
Back to top

amother




Papaya
 

Post  Wed, Jun 05 2019, 6:35 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
I just want to start off by saying that I am not an anti vaxxer.

All these doctors, the FDA, the pharmacys, the CDC etc... they are all interested in the money. Its all business. I personally know a doctor who was paid every time he gave a medication so you know what he started doing? He made an assumption of what the patient has before doing any testing and gave the patient a SAMPLE of just a couple pills to start taking the meds until the diagnotic testing and blood work was done. How can you just prescribe something without knowing what the patient has??
No one in the scientific and medicine and doctor industry is going to sponsor such a study proving that vaccines dont work or that are not needed because do you know how many millions all these people in the field make from them!!

That Dr must be a quack, but doesn’t mean others are.
I can give you so many examples of the opposite- Dr saying don’t come to the office.
Specialist seeing us- but didn’t bill insurance (couple of times)
I’ve got lots more examples, but no point in arguing.
Sadly, Pharmacy’s are LOSING $ these days. Med we need- is ‘covered’ by insurance- but insurance pays much less then what pharmacy pays.
Also, most typically prescribed meds like antibiotics and such are sooo cheap. Not too much profit to be made on it. We had an insurance lapse and needed prednisolone, augmentin & minipill at the same time. Guess how much we had to pay?
Back to top

southernbubby




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Jun 05 2019, 6:41 pm
Maybe wrote:
Vaccines are the financial foundation of pHARMa , NO liability No incentive to make them safer. Well visits are the MDs cash cow, you can verify it with any medical billing company.

To get the facts on polio read dissolving illusions By Suzanne Humphries MD.

Yes vaccines provide a few years of protection against many diseases , but ask the adults who got measles when immunity wore off, that's tough.

Would you rather have measles mumps & chicken pox like In had or G-D forbid cancer & autoimmune ??? https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/p.....1028/ https://physiciansforinformedc.....ancer


So what would your solution be for people in the Philippines and Madagascar who are burying kids by the dozens due to measles? Would you say that it is better to die of measles at age 1 than to develop cancer and autoimmune disorders as an adult (assuming that there is actually a connection which is unproven)?
The people in those countries are lining up for hours to obtain vaccines which are their primary hope for surviving early childhood. Would you rather send them home?
Back to top

amother




Turquoise
 

Post  Wed, Jun 05 2019, 6:44 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
That Dr must be a quack, but doesn’t mean others are.
I can give you so many examples of the opposite- Dr saying don’t come to the office.
Specialist seeing us- but didn’t bill insurance (couple of times)
I’ve got lots more examples, but no point in arguing.


thank you I was waiting for someone to say this.

there may be one quack doctor. typically doctors dont make a penny when they prescribe medicine.

if you were a rational person- youd realize -its the only product that the person recommending to use it ( the doctor) is not the one who getting paid for it ( the pharmacy)

so saying that doctors prescribe vaccines and medicne to make money -is too ludicrous to argue with.

these naturalist im sure dont make any money at all selling their vitamins and natural medicine -so they are much more trustworthy. ( sarcasm intended)
Back to top

naturalmom5




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Jun 05 2019, 7:55 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
No ones singling out vaccines. The same people who dont give vaccines are selective in what kind of medications they would give.

No one is out to harm anyone. They truly believe its better and healthier to not take the vaccines at all.

And no in the anticaxxers world is making money
It's all lshaim shomayim

I personally know 5 experts people in Lakewood go to
That charge 200$ and more a consultation
Medicaid and insurance not accepted
Back to top

amother




Amber
 

Post  Wed, Jun 05 2019, 8:44 pm
leah233 wrote:
This happens to be mostly true but it also applies to all other areas or medicine. Why single out vaccines?

At the end of the day we can all see the effectiveness of vaccines (when was the last time someone got polio?) and the risks of not getting them (thank you anti vaxxers)

Therefore even assuming there are potential (hidden) risks involved they are worth taking.

what are the symptoms of polio? paralysis?
check out Hamaspik, Yedei Chessed, Rayim, SCHI, to name a few.
oh that's not polio. it's just meningitis because polio is gone
Back to top

amother




Amber
 

Post  Wed, Jun 05 2019, 8:46 pm
karat wrote:
UJCC
Yeah, totally made up organization.
The name was also on the Monsey anti-vax event.

what makes an organization real or made up?
Back to top
  Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 9 of 11 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Can we stop referring to this as "waves" 6 Today at 3:19 am View last post
Flatbush/BP classes in quarantine
by amother
75 Yesterday at 8:29 pm View last post
Impressive! Many people, all ages, were wearing masks in BP
by amother
65 Yesterday at 5:40 pm View last post
A solution to covid for pro-maskers and anti-maskers
by amother
0 Yesterday at 10:29 am View last post
Why news anchors on 14 Ave in BP today?
by amother
5 Yesterday at 3:23 am View last post