Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Book recommendation please

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 9:40 am
I am tutoring a 5th student who behaviorally has become somewhat difficult (relatively speaking, compared to himself before). On Monday his mom asked me if I could recommend a book to address some of the issues. He's a really bright kid who gets by on his intelligence but doesn't have much of a work ethic. Therefore, the parents aren't happy when he gets an 85 not because they don't like that grade per se, but because they know he could have gotten 100 if he studied, they don't like the 'lazy' way he's earning the 85.
With me he is grudgingly respectful, but with his parents he'll say things like, grades don't matter till high school, I don't need to listen to your rules, I'm old enough to make my own decisions, etc. As an 11 year old who is extremely book smart, he thinks he has the whole world figured out. Is there a book I can recommend to the parents?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children