Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Has anyone ever sewed on hair extentions to their Sheitel?

rimon613

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 6:33 pm
Have you ever bought hair extentions and taken it to be sewn on your wig? Does it come out looking good? How much does it cost?

shanie5

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 9:36 pm
I tried, or rather, I had someone who knows what she is doing try. The problem we found was that it made the shaitel too tight. The extensions are tied to the wig base/net. That stopped it from being able to stretch and made the shaitel very uncomfortable.

If anyone succeeded, I would love to know how it was done.

Earnest

Post Sat, Jun 22 2019, 10:48 pm
There is an intermediate step. I buy 1/8 to 1/4 inch wide 'ribbons' of stretch elastic lace at a Manhattan trimming store (Daytona or M.&J Trimming). I cut the stretch elastic lace ribbons into segments and sew the wefts of hair (extensions) onto the stretch lace. Then I analyze the wig and decide where I want to add volume. I sew in guidelines (between the wefts of the shaital)with colored basting stitches to help me be accurate. Then I measure the length of the lace to match my guidelines. I sew over the guidelines while simultaneously removing the colored basting stitches. I (very) slightly stretch the cap as I'm sewing in the elastic wefts to ensure I'm not making the wig smaller. But if I stretch the cap too much, the wefts will become lumpy. It helps that I have a need to be artistic.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels