Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Do you even feel a little bit bad?
  Previous  1  2  3  12  13  14

southernbubby

Post Fri, Jun 07 2019, 7:44 am
yksraya wrote:
So are you willing to expose your kids to measles knowing that encephalitis can happen? This is beyond me!

As for your post about PANDAS and autism: Autism is in the gene, it is not caused or worsened by shots. It in fact has absolutely nothing to do with shots. There were plenty of studies and all of them have the same outcome that "autism is not caused by shots". But anti vaxers would rather ignore the research and then yell that "vaccines haven't got enough research".

My understanding of the studies and the outcome of the studies was that the statistical risk of autism is the same whether or not a child is vaccinated.

happyness

Post Fri, Jun 07 2019, 10:24 am
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
You seriously are begging for attention here. First you say you’re getting off in imamother. Then you fire off tons of responses with sarcastic or belittling comments, basically thanking hashem for picu’s and belittling the tzaar of each and every parent that has to deal with a (previously healthy) sick child thanks to you and all the selfish anti vaxx ppl who don’t care if even one kid is affected!!
No one is buying your immature mockery of this. I certainly consider you very childish for making a joke out of a serious illness.

I know I'm being judgemental, but I have kinda developed this 'theory' based on those I've encountered, that anti-vaxxers have a certain egotistical, 'I know better', usually very strong and intense nature. They often have very strong shitahs in other areas of life.

Which is why, one of my first questions when it comes to shidduchim for my children will be -do they vaccinate?

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Jun 07 2019, 11:25 am
delicious wrote:
I know I'm being judgemental, but I have kinda developed this 'theory' based on those I've encountered, that anti-vaxxers have a certain egotistical, 'I know better', usually very strong and intense nature. They often have very strong shitahs in other areas of life.

Which is why, one of my first questions when it comes to shidduchim for my children will be -do they vaccinate?

Because strong and intense natures are bad? Because strong shitahs are wrong?

Many people actually prefer spouses who can stand on their own two feet and have principles. Spouses who can be strong no matter what "everyone" does, and who have values and stick to them despite peer pressure. I know for my DH, my MIL looked for such a girl... Smile and boy did they get one! Laugh

Each to their own. Your choice. But drop the condescending tone.

happyness

Post Fri, Jun 07 2019, 12:38 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:

Many people actually prefer spouses who can stand on their own two feet and have principles. Spouses who can be strong no matter what "everyone" does, and who have values and stick to them despite peer pressure. I know for my DH, my MIL looked for such a girl... Smile and boy did they get one! Laugh

LOL.
Exactly what I meant!!!

Reeeellllaaaxxxxxx.....

giselle

Post Fri, Jun 07 2019, 2:20 pm

Sometimes people are so stubborn, it’s at the expense of their own family. And there’s quite a large difference between doing what “everyone” does, and not going out of your way to be a social pariah.

esuss

Post Fri, Jun 07 2019, 4:04 pm

This attitude is very wrong when it comes at the expense of listening to daas Torah. Some people have such strong attitudes and stand on their own two feet despite peer pressure don't stop to hear from Rabbanim what is correct according to Halacha. This could be disastrous. So when I am iy"h looking for shidduchim for my children this is definitely something I will stay away from.

amother
Copper

Post Fri, Jun 07 2019, 4:10 pm
southernbubby wrote:
My understanding of the studies and the outcome of the studies was that the statistical risk of autism is the same whether or not a child is vaccinated.

I could be mistaken but I don't think a study has ever been done.

nchr

Post Fri, Jun 07 2019, 4:49 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:

Except tens and hundreds of studies have studied this concept. Just go to pubmed and search vaccines and autism and you'll find a plethora of research confirming vaccines and their ingredients do not cause autism.

JoyInTheMorning

Post Fri, Jun 07 2019, 4:50 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:

Yes, a study has been done. It's a retrospective study, done in Denmark, with approximately 600,000 kids.

Here are three write-ups of interest:
1. A short summary of the study, from NPR. https://www.npr.org/sections/h.....use-autism

2. An editorial from Annals of Internal Medicine, the journal that published the Danish study.
https://annals.org/aim/fullart.....iderations

3. The article describing the Danish study.
https://annals.org/aim/fullart.....hort-study

(Impact factor of Annals of Internal Medicine: 19.384. That's a strong impact factor score. But even more important is the quality of the study.)

A couple of days after Yom Tov is over, I plan b"n to start a thread with links that I've posted so I don't have to keep searching.

JoyInTheMorning

Post Fri, Jun 07 2019, 4:51 pm
This is the problem (one of the problems) with not listening to NPR. If you listen to NPR, you don't miss this kind of important news.

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Jun 07 2019, 7:20 pm
giselle wrote:
Sometimes people are so stubborn, it’s at the expense of their own family. And there’s quite a large difference between doing what “everyone” does, and not going out of your way to be a social pariah.

I understand not wanting to do a shidduch with someone who doesn't vaccinate.

Delicious didn't say that. She said she doesn't like the personality *she* associates with non-vaxxers.

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Jun 07 2019, 7:23 pm
esuss wrote:
This attitude is very wrong when it comes at the expense of listening to daas Torah. Some people have such strong attitudes and stand on their own two feet despite peer pressure don't stop to hear from Rabbanim what is correct according to Halacha. This could be disastrous. So when I am iy"h looking for shidduchim for my children this is definitely something I will stay away from.

I agree that listening to daas Torah is a strong value. It's one of mine. Smile

If you're referring specifically to daas Torah regarding vaccinations, some non-vaxxers have a psak from their rav. So again, this isn't a reliable or guaranteed way to find out if a potential spouse shares this value of yours.

happyness

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 12:25 am
I understand not wanting to do a shidduch with someone who doesn't vaccinate.

Delicious didn't say that. She said she doesn't like the personality *she* associates with non-vaxxers.

Why does that bother you?
Page 14 of 14   Previous  1  2  3  12  13  14 Recent Topics