Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
Sugar free roast recipe without wine?

Emotional

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 9:41 pm
Any ideas for a fantastic roast recipe that produces soft, easy-to-eat meat? My husband doesn't like it cooked in wine, and we're all watching our sugar intake (including a guest who is diabetic) so no sweet sauces either.
Bring on the recipes please!

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 9:54 pm
Mykitchenmystudio has a great silver tip roast using garlic onions and water. You can find it on her instagram

unexpected

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 10:06 pm
Minute roast - rub with garlic powder and salt. Place in 9x13 pan. Pour over 1 cup chicken soup or water. Bake on 250 for eight hours or overnight

studying_torah

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 10:07 pm
Csn you use balsamic vinegar or is that too high in sugar?
If so, mixed w onion, garlic, mushrooms and a bit of chili pepper has a nice mix of tangy savory and hint of sweet

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 10:11 pm
What type of meat

I like to use shank that’s pre cut into thick medallions, about 1.5”
I season them well and sear them in a hot pan
At this point you can freeze. This way they are ready whenever you want, pull out as many as you need.

When I’m ready to use, I mix chicken broth (or you can use water with salt, pepper to taste, but broth is better)
A few table spoons of tomato paste, instant coffee (optional) and salt and pepper to taste.
I just mix everything and adjust to taste. You can add other spices if you like.
Pour it over the shank bake covered at 300 for 1.5 hrs.

Or

Brisket. I buy 2nd cut.
Take 1/2 cup of dehydrated onion flakes and hydrate them in 2 cups water and salt. Let this sit for about 20minutes. I use this instead of onion soup mix.
Make a dry rub with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, whatever you like.
Season both sides of the roast.
Then spoon out all the onion flakes and spread them on top of the roast. Pour the liquid around the roast.
Foil tightly and bake 325 for about 2-21/2 hrs. Let the brisket cool and place in the refrigerator over night
The next day, slice thinly and place back into the Ñluqid. When you are ready reheat.

Emotional

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 10:31 pm
Thanks so much everyone!
I'll forward all these ideas to my husband and let him pick.

yerushamama

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 11:37 pm
My favorite way to cook meat is : Saute LOTS of onion and garlic, sear meat, cook for several hours. Add liquid as needed. Sometimes I add wine, sometimes something like oj or broth.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 1:48 am
I found the BEST way to cook roast is in really dark beer like Guinness.

Sear the meat first, and then simmer in the beer until the meat is melting tender. You can add potatoes, onions, or mushrooms during the last hour of cooking. This works really well in a crock pot, and the gravy is delicious.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 7:06 am
There should never be sugar, and wine is only one type of thing. I don't have a recipe at hand now but can't remember needing those

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 9:09 am
3 lb roast

Small onion
1 plum tomato, seeds and juice removed
Put in food processor with s bpade until coarse
Add:
1.5 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1-2 cloves garlic

Shmear on all sides of roast
Pour 1/4 cup olive oil on top

Broil 15 min on each side
Cover and bake at 300

Comes out very flavorful and tender
Enjoy!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking