Home

What is the best custom sheitel money can buy?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


MiracleMama




 
 
 


Post  Tue, Jun 04 2019, 11:18 pm
Asking for a friend who isn't on this site.
Where in NY or NJ with a $5000-ish budget can one get the absolute top of the line?
Back to top

applesbananas




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Jun 05 2019, 12:12 am
Dini is the obvious answer in terms of custom because shell tweak the cap to perfection. Other high end options- B.K, ruchi amit, yafi kaminer, ita fisher..
Back to top

MiracleMama




 
 
 


Post  Thu, Jun 06 2019, 2:44 pm
applesbananas wrote:
Dini is the obvious answer in terms of custom because shell tweak the cap to perfection. Other high end options- B.K, ruchi amit, yafi kaminer, ita fisher..


Thank you. Do you have a contact # for Dini?
Back to top

ra_mom




 
 
 


Post  Thu, Jun 06 2019, 3:24 pm
Dini wigs are heavy on the hair and can overwhelm your look.
It really depends what your friend would like.
Back to top

SuperWify




 
 
 


Post  Thu, Jun 06 2019, 4:46 pm
Dini
Zisi
BK
Back to top

aliavi




 
 
 


Post  Thu, Jun 06 2019, 5:10 pm
I’m blonde. For a Dini 20 inch Shabbos sheitel replacement I was told $6700 🤢
Back to top

Squishy




 
 
 


Post  Thu, Jun 06 2019, 5:13 pm
What about Yael? Her work is magnificent.
Back to top

SuperWify




 
 
 


Post  Thu, Jun 06 2019, 5:16 pm
aliavi wrote:
I’m blonde. For a Dini 20 inch Shabbos sheitel replacement I was told $6700 🤢


Wow that is crazy!!!
Back to top

aliavi




 
 
 


Post  Thu, Jun 06 2019, 5:21 pm
SuperWify wrote:
Wow that is crazy!!!


A woman wrote it on a paper for me otherwise I would have thought I was mistaken. This was recently too.
Back to top

MiracleMama




 
 
 


Post  Thu, Jun 06 2019, 7:24 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Dini wigs are heavy on the hair and can overwhelm your look.
It really depends what your friend would like.


That might not work then. Her own hair is on the thinner side and she really wants this to look... like her.

What's recommended for a lighter look?
Back to top

MiracleMama




 
 
 


Post  Thu, Jun 06 2019, 7:25 pm
Please, please give me any contact info for all these recommendations... a location or phone or even just a website? Please!
Back to top

TranquilityAndPeace




 
 
 


Post  Thu, Jun 06 2019, 7:29 pm
https://diniwigs.com/

If you go to Dini in Brooklyn or Monsey, they will work with you regarding the thickness.
Back to top

Blessing1




 
 
 


Post  Thu, Jun 06 2019, 7:31 pm
BK wigs are gorgeous.
Back to top

ra_mom




 
 
 


Post  Thu, Jun 06 2019, 7:41 pm
MiracleMama wrote:
That might not work then. Her own hair is on the thinner side and she really wants this to look... like her.

What's recommended for a lighter look?

Zelda wigs for sure. Wish I could afford one for a light look. 718-221-1468. 333 Albany Ave in Crown Heights. She should check out Instagram pages. @zeldahair
Back to top

chavipanda




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Jun 12 2019, 8:49 pm
Claire Accuhair. She is the rare sheitel macher who does the work by hand in New York.
Her wigs are gorgeous. I have had my custom kallah sheitel for 3 years and it looks new. I brush it and that's it for styling.
The hair is also very thick.
I've looked at a lot of sheitels (and I own a Gali fall) - and nothing compares to a Claire.

Plus, Claire herself is amazing. She and her family are wonderful and kind. And she learned wigmaking in a DP camp in Europe.
Back to top

Rappel




 
 
 


Post  Thu, Jun 13 2019, 4:05 pm
chavipanda wrote:
Claire Accuhair. She is the rare sheitel macher who does the work by hand in New York.
Her wigs are gorgeous. I have had my custom kallah sheitel for 3 years and it looks new. I brush it and that's it for styling.
The hair is also very thick.
I've looked at a lot of sheitels (and I own a Gali fall) - and nothing compares to a Claire.

Plus, Claire herself is amazing. She and her family are wonderful and kind. And she learned wigmaking in a DP camp in Europe.


My sister sold her hair to Claire. She thought she was a lovely person.
Back to top

Leleh




 
 
 


Post  Tue, Jul 16 2019, 8:44 pm
I'm surprised NO ONE mentioned Noa Wigs. She does amazing work with blondes and is not heavy on the hair. She is located in Brooklyn.
In a very wealthy neighborhood in NY, I am told that majority of the women get their wigs from Noa.
Back to top

Mide7




 
 
 


Post  Thu, Jul 18 2019, 1:32 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Zelda wigs for sure. Wish I could afford one for a light look. 718-221-1468. 333 Albany Ave in Crown Heights. She should check out Instagram pages. @zeldahair


I am very unhappy with my Zelda. I recommend Dini in Monsey, who will make it light if that is how you want it and not dense. Or I also like Yafi Kaminer, where they have sheitel machers in NY that sell their brand from Israel.
Back to top

Mide7




 
 
 


Post  Thu, Jul 18 2019, 1:33 pm
Leleh wrote:
I'm surprised NO ONE mentioned Noa Wigs. She does amazing work with blondes and is not heavy on the hair. She is located in Brooklyn.
In a very wealthy neighborhood in NY, I am told that majority of the women get their wigs from Noa.


Noa was very popular even a few years ago but now Dini is definitely the most popular along with the Israeli wig lines.
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels

Related Topics Replies Last Post
If money wasnt an object and your husband is a messy guy...
by amother
6 Fri, Sep 20 2019, 4:09 pm View last post
Not having money is REALLY hard😟
by amother
14 Thu, Sep 19 2019, 7:36 pm View last post
If one wanted to sell a brand new gorgeous sheitel
by amother
22 Thu, Sep 19 2019, 7:25 pm View last post
Trigger warning - DC spending a lot of money
by amother
91 Thu, Sep 19 2019, 10:46 am View last post
Best place to buy comfortable shabbas shoes for boy
by amother
0 Tue, Sep 17 2019, 5:36 am View last post

Jump to: