Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
‘How to’ project
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 11:20 pm
Hi! My son needs a how to demonstration for his class, could be anything, craft, science experiment, anything at all.
He wants something that will ‘wow’ everyone, and of course it needs to be cool. Please help!!
8 year old boys

Rappel

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 12:24 am
How to make things bubble and blow up

Vinegar + baking soda

Mentos + diet Coke

I can't think of any other ones which are completely safe for children, but with those two examples, he can explain the chemical reaction involved, and then make things explode. Instant win.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 6:44 am
Thanks! I gave him those options before.. problem is other kids already did that.. his turn is one of the last..
Argh so frustrating

MiracleMama

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 6:52 am
Go onto Youtube and search coolest science experiments for kids or something like that. You will get so many WOW ideas.

Rappel

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 7:11 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks! I gave him those options before.. problem is other kids already did that.. his turn is one of the last..
Argh so frustrating

Blam.

How about making things change colour?

Or (parental supervision required) why a balloon over a candle swells and blows up, but a water balloon over a candle does not?

Gneshe

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 7:42 am
My daughter once did a magic trick.

singleagain

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 7:49 am
How to be a superhero

How to something in sports (hit a home run, dunk a basketball

How to do (pick a chore) around the house

How to do (pick a thing) before Internet/other technology made life easier

unexpected

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 8:44 am
My son did how to make your bed. He went on to discuss going to home depot, buying the wood, measuring and nailing it together etc. He demonstrated with small scale wood and a piece of batting for a mattress. And then he dumped a small felted pillow and square of fabric on top and said this is what I do but if you want to make yours pretty go ask your mother I'm sure she knows what to do...)

singleagain

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 8:45 am
unexpected wrote:
My son did how to make your bed. He went on to discuss going to home depot, buying the wood, measuring and nailing it together etc. He demonstrated with small scale wood and a piece of batting for a mattress. And then he dumped a small felted pillow and square of fabric on top and said this is what I do but if you want to make yours pretty go ask your mother I'm sure she knows what to do...)

That is adorable!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 9:04 am
Thanks these are great ideas!! 🙏

madys

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 9:08 am
How about how to make pancakes, or cookies, or cupcakes, and then hand out to the class

groovy1224

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 9:14 am
how to make slime? bet the teacher will love that

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 9:18 am
How about doing a magic trick and then showing the class how the trick was done?

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 10:03 am
My son once did something, I’m not sure I remember correctly. Something abt filling a cup with water or juice and having the cover from the bottle float ontop and when you put inside the liquid a paper clip the cover sinks. I have to ask him later if you want to know exactly how it’s done. I think there was also something abt filling cup with water and then placing something ontop, I think a paper clip and then adding grape juice and they don’t mix together till you put in a penny inside and it mixes.. Not sure I’m remembering correctly. But let me know if your interested and I can find out or anyone here knows what I’m talking abt and can correct me if I’m wrong on anything . Good luck!

imasinger

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 10:06 am
How to get a hard boiled egg into a bottle, using a match (adult would have to help with the match)

https://www.homesciencetools.c.....ject/

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 10:08 am
how to make play dough.

Simple1

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 10:33 am
groovy1224 wrote:
how to make slime? bet the teacher will love that

Fun for the kids... but not so much for the parents - someone in dds class did this and she got the homemade sticky stuff all over her skirt.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 10:41 am
How to make a flashlight

I did this when I was a kid. Two batteries, a small bulb, and a thick strip of folded-over aluminum foil.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 4:01 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
My son once did something, I’m not sure I remember correctly. Something abt filling a cup with water or juice and having the cover from the bottle float ontop and when you put inside the liquid a paper clip the cover sinks. I have to ask him later if you want to know exactly how it’s done. I think there was also something abt filling cup with water and then placing something ontop, I think a paper clip and then adding grape juice and they don’t mix together till you put in a penny inside and it mixes.. Not sure I’m remembering correctly. But let me know if your interested and I can find out or anyone here knows what I’m talking abt and can correct me if I’m wrong on anything . Good luck!

Yes please find out exactly.. thanks so much!!

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 4:12 pm
Oobleck

How to write in invisible ink
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children