Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Early intervention - Brooklyn

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 7:04 am
Any recommendations for an early intervention center in Brooklyn that doesn't act like their doing you a favor when you call up for a consultation and that you had good experience with?

Thanks!

yidishmamma

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 7:16 am
Eis laasos In Williamsburg

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 7:19 am
Brooklyn = flatbush/boro park

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 7:50 am
It's been a few years, but I used step by step (in boro park) and was happy with the experience.

kenz

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 8:09 am
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
It's been a few years, but I used step by step (in boro park) and was happy with the experience.

Interestingly, Step by Step has been taken over by Eis Laasos so you got two working recommendations. I have EI through them and I’ve never felt condescended to in the slightest.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 8:24 am
Challenge really helped us years ago, though they did tell me not to expect to be approved (which led me to really advocate advocate advocate for my child and BH she was approved).
Their team of therapists really changed my daughter's life.

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 8:26 am
I have experience with challenge and Eis Laasos. Not impressed by challenge at all.

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 9:45 am
I'm using Challenge now and not impressed either. My child was very much delayed, and they emphasized a few times that very few actually are delayed enough to qualify for early Intervention. The scores were really low, so we did BH get services, but then they were surprised with what the Board of Ed was recommending when ready for school.

I heard step-by-step is better.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 9:46 am
Step by Step is great!

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 3:00 pm
We are using Challenge. I didn't feel they were "doing me a favor" ever. They said it is easier to get services if you have a diagnosis, in my baby's case she's a preemie so they were pretty happy to help. They don't have the most extensive network of therapists and you really have to push even after approval. That said, they were very efficient when it came to evaluations.

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 3:03 pm
I am very happy with step by step. I really feel that the staff there cares about the children. My service coordinator took the time to educate herself about my baby's rare condition, and then found a therapist that is qualified and skilled to work with this condition.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics