Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Are your kids also complaining...
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 11:49 pm
That all the food in the house is "for Shavuos"??

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 11:54 pm
The kids always complain about everything!!!!!

ectomorph

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 12:20 am
No. Because they don't eat anything normal, lol

soap suds

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 12:28 am
That's what you get for being so geshikt. Unfortunately, I didn't get to make all that much food for Shavuos yet, so lucky me, I don't get this complaint.
Tomorrow's going to be a cooking/baking marathon! Wish me luck.

dankbar

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 12:53 am
I usually prepare for yom tov slowly, I make double recipe. It gets served for supper that day & freeze other half. Ok not expensive roast but anything else like sides. Because it's a long stretch it's still special when we eat it on yom tov.
This week one day we had doughless potato knishes for supper.

pizza4

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 12:58 am
No. they're glad it isn't for dinner. They're happier with real kid food, anything else is nisht. They've become so picky.
I could see that with older kids, teens, happening.

Teomima

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 12:59 am
Meaning because everything is set aside and untouchable, or that the kinds of foods are Shavuot foods?

For the former, I just make extra. For example, yesterday I made a quiche for Shavuot. But instead of making just one large one, I tripled the recipe and made five smaller ones. Some for Shavuot, some for the freezer, and one I cut in to yesterday for us to eat. I did the same with lasagna I made last week.

If it's the latter, no help here. My kids like the food I make for Shavuot and either way, there's always something in the house that they'll eat, even if it's a matter of them making themselves a sandwich.

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 6:40 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
That all the food in the house is "for Shavuos"??

I hear you. The nerve of people expecting meals when we are preparing for a three day holiday, shabbos and two days yom tov. hugs

DVOM

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 6:48 am
This is so funny! My kids aren't complaining, but I noticed that I've been cooking all week, and still have nothing to feed the kids! Everything is earmarked for the chag...

imasinger

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 6:49 am
Not a problem here, mostly because I haven't cooked much.

I am in all honesty serving leftover schnitzel from Pesach from the freezer at one of the meals, and 5 minute fettuccini Alfredo at another. And bagels and schmear at a third.

Anyone who complains, well, see the Zavel Zevulun thread with the wonderful minhag of the frying pan.

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 6:51 am
Yes! The nerve!

The nerve of us people expecting to supply food these days....

To quote dictator, not sure, was it Maria Antonette: If they don't have bread, let them eat cake!

The nerve! Isn't that why frozen pizza was invented Wink Wink

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 7:22 am
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
Yes! The nerve!

That's one of the main challenges of having a child with Celiac; I can't ever do a quick easy supper,or buy convenient take out.
It feels good to vent a little. l usually convince myself and others that it's no big deal, you just have to get used to it bla bla bla.

Grafix

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 7:25 am
I was actually thinking of posting a new topic under the title "Dessert Stolen" as my toddlers have devoured both my cheesecake and my pan of chocolate crunchies. I don't think we're doing dessert this YT!

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 7:29 am
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
That's one of the main challenges of having a child with Celiac; I can't ever do a quick easy supper,or buy convenient take out.
It feels good to vent a little. l usually convince myself and others that it's no big deal, you just have to get used to it bla bla bla.

Hugs!!!!! That's a tough one.

Vent away...we are listening.

invisiblecircus

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 7:35 am
No, because there isn't any food for Shavuot in the house Mr. Green

Even if there was, they'd probably only complain if I tried to serve it up for them. They've suddenly become really picky and "don't like" anything.

nchr

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 7:58 am
No but my kids complained that everyone else's homes have food for shavuos and ours does not .

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 8:06 am
Eh, my kids are fine with it. It's dh who's complaining about having to wait till Shavuos LOL

yo'ma

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 8:07 am
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
Yes! The nerve!

To quote dictator, not sure, was it Maria Antonette: If they don't have bread, let them eat cake!

I have tried before to give my kids ice cream for supper before when things were very hectic, but it wasn't enough for them. Not like they were hungry Rolling Eyes . They just don't feel ice cream is supper which it isn't, but... I wouldn't try it with big kids though.

I serve a normal supper and I only made two dips so far, so no shavuos food here yet. Gonna start soon...

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 9:07 am
no

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 9:24 am
I let my kids sample from whatever they want before I put it away.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen