Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
If your child has Autism: do you remember...
Previous  1  2  3

JoyInTheMorning

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 7:45 am
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
My severely autistic child was a very healthy and normal baby except for one strange thing: he never explored things with his mouth......
He was diagnosed at 29 month.
My other kids are all high risk obviously because they are siblings but they all turned out to be healthy and well adjusted kids, B"H!

Just love your baby and daven and daven and again daven!

p.s.

All my kids are up to date with their shots.

My baby, the screamer who glared at me, also didn't explore with his mouth. Yet he is not autistic. He does continue to have sensory issues, even as a teenager, but because he's so socially aware, he's good at controlling it and faking it when he's with his peers or any non-family members.

Again, there's no one thing.

TwinsMommy

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 1:53 am
both of my autistic twins had great eye contact as babies. Boy twin developed signs of autism starting around 13-14 months and he went downhill from there. Girl twin showed ZERO signs of autism until she was almost 4--- however she was already in special ed due to hypotonia and an unexplained speech delay--- but her behaviors were beautiful until autism hit. She was the easiest 2 year old. Some kids have terrible 2's--- my daughter had terrible 3 and a half onward. They're 12 now and eye contact has been far gone for years though we're doing plenty of therapy to try to get it back. They're both fully verbal--- my daughter can have a whole conversation with you while facing the wall. It WAS nice when they looked at me as babies.

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 7:54 am
TwinsMommy wrote:
both of my autistic twins had great eye contact as babies. Boy twin developed signs of autism starting around 13-14 months and he went downhill from there. Girl twin showed ZERO signs of autism until she was almost 4--- however she was already in special ed due to hypotonia and an unexplained speech delay--- but her behaviors were beautiful until autism hit. She was the easiest 2 year old. Some kids have terrible 2's--- my daughter had terrible 3 and a half onward. They're 12 now and eye contact has been far gone for years though we're doing plenty of therapy to try to get it back. They're both fully verbal--- my daughter can have a whole conversation with you while facing the wall. It WAS nice when they looked at me as babies.

My autistic kids also were beautiful easy two year olds and became challenging at 3.5 or 4 . And then worse again at about 8, and then worse again at about 12. I think the 3.5 thing is just part of the "delay", the two yo stage is just happening later
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics