Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
"customizable" headbands

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 11:44 am
I have a six-year-old daughter who is constantly trying new combinations with her clothes including attaching different hair accessories together. I want to make it easier for her to fulfill her drive for novelty and ALSO easier for me because hopefully she will put together looks that are a bit more "normal"--I feel like I remember seeing headbands with a little slot in in it so you can slide in a bow or a flower... anyone know what I am talking about? Where can I find this?

OOTforlife

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 11:51 am
This isn't what you're asking for, but your daughter might enjoy one of those make-your-own-headbands kits. They come with a bunch of plain headbands and different decorative items and glue.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 07 2019, 12:00 pm
Thanks! My older daughter actually got one of those for her birthday and I needed to put away till she was a bit older... She got too frustrated. Now that she's 8 1/2 she's able to do it and she is happy with the results.

This daughter hardly ever wears the same combination twice. if she repeats a skirt/shirt combo, she'll make sure to put on a different pair of socks or ask for braids... It amazes me what she comes up with. Even pajamas she somehow dresses up. Sometimes she goes too far...

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jun 07 2019, 12:04 pm
If she makes her own headbands, she should attach a slit pocket made out of ribbon on the bottom of each bow/flower/etc so she can slide it on and off a plain headband.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jun 10 2019, 3:47 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

This daughter hardly ever wears the same combination twice. if she repeats a skirt/shirt combo, she'll make sure to put on a different pair of socks or ask for braids... It amazes me what she comes up with. Even pajamas she somehow dresses up. Sometimes she goes too far...

Oh my gosh, she sounds so adorable! A tiny fashion diva, and influencer in the making. Very Happy

You are such a good mama for encouraging her self expression and wanting to find ways to make that work.

I think ra-mom's idea of putting a ribbon slide on the decorations is a great solution. You can also buy bulk headbands in a variety of colors on Ali Express. Get the satin covered ones, they are very pretty.

Who knows, you may even start a small business to support her "headband habits"!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 8:00 am
Thanks Ra-Mom and FF!

To be honest she is such a variety-loving girl that I fear that if I put too much effort into putting ribbons on her accessories, she will lose interest in that as well... Her enthusiasms last only so long before she is onto the next. So I was looking for a premade headband (not too much effort on my part) that she can put the bows and flowers onto (without me needn't go modify them).

She's not the one who makes her own headbands, it's her older sister. She might be able to though, now that I think about it... So maybe I'll get just some headbands and ribbons and let her loose.

Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics