Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Budgeting First Baby Purchases

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 12:48 am
I am a newlywed living on a kollel budget, and getting no support from either side. Looking for cheap first baby items or any baby items...cribs, dressers, stretchies and whatever else you guys can think of...any ideas???

seeker

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 2:06 am
See what you can get secondhand. Newborn-stage items get outgrown so fast that they can be passed through several families and still look new. For items that could have safety or bedbug issues (e.g. car seat, nursing pillow) look among people you either know or have friends in common. For things that you can judge their condition by sight (e.g. high chair) you don't need to worry as much. Look at Craigslist etc from neighborhoods that are slightly more well-to-do and where families tend to be smaller.

asmileaday

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 2:36 am
I did very well on Ebay for a gently used high end stroller at a very cheap price.
It's easy to find gently used baby gear, as many people only have 1 or 2 kids and then are done with it.

Israeli_C

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 2:46 am
Location would help

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 2:52 am
I do very well shopping in target and old navy for clothes. Old navy runs sales all the time so wait for them before you buy.

I like using a set of cubbies from target (about $40-60) for a dresser. You can store so much more in it than a dresser with a million little drawers. Or look at target for cheaper baby furniture. They have a lot of nice cribs and dressers.

Also, don't listen to everyone who tells you that you need this or you have to buy that. Every baby is different and will like different things. You'll have to see what you think will work for you

superstar

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 10:01 am
Im also looking for stuff...
which is a good target crib?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics