Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Playmobil woes

Ravenclaw

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 10:02 am
My kids love Playmobil but the sets always break! It’s so frustrating, I spend 80$ and 2 hours putting together a set, and my kid just goes to pick it up gently to take it into another room and the whole building comes apart.

How does it stay together?! It’s so expensive, I would expect it to be better quality.

Stars

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 10:10 am
My Playmobil woe is that the pieces are so tiny that they get lost without even trying.
Also impossible to use with a baby in the house.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 10:11 am
The idea is that the kids should be able to rebuild it. It's not meant to be a one time thing. They do make portable sets. My DS has a portable police station and fire station. Those sets are technically all put together and only need to be accessorize and played with.
I hate that the pieces are so small and when one little puece gets lost the entire set can become useless if you can't put it together properly like it's originally supposed to.
In all honesty , they are a cute toy but really not practical for long term use.

honeymoon

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 11:27 am
How about giving them a large tray on which to build it? In case of the need to move it all they need to do is carefully lift the tray and transfer it. No guarantees against dropping the tray, of course. Smile

flowerpower

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 11:35 am
I don’t get any that you need to build. They all fall apart. I have a lot of vehicles and “take along” sets.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 11:48 am
Ravenclaw wrote:
My kids love Playmobil but the sets always break! It’s so frustrating, I spend 80$ and 2 hours putting together a set, and my kid just goes to pick it up gently to take it into another room and the whole building comes apart.

How does it stay together?! It’s so expensive, I would expect it to be better quality.

The sets don't "break", they are extremely well made and sturdy, rarely do I find parts that actually crack in half or fully break, but yes, they are supposed to come apart and then be rebuilt. if your kids want them for a one time use they can hot glue the parts together I guess
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics