Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Calm me down plz exposure to measels
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Miri1

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 1:16 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
I'm vaxxed and not immune. Now I'm getting nervous. Do I need to revax?

If you want immunity you would need to re-vaccinate.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 2:33 pm
whewpy wrote:
Well, I would really like to know who this dr is so I can make sure my child is not near anyone who uses that dr. He got all his shots but unfortunately, has one of the few who doesn't develop immunity and is dependent on herd immunity for protection? Why is that drs name not being given to do. Of us who have kids with transplants, cancer and immune issues, so we can keep our kids safe?

So I was by the Dr's office today to give my 23 month old his mmr. There was a discussionabt this between a few of us waiting in the waiting room. I heard a name of a dr in BP that does it. The woman that shared the name wasnt certain that it's him. So I have no problem posting the name once I know for sure. Don't really have a way of finding out. I believe this drs name has to go public for risking so many kids and pregnant ladies health.
Edited for typo

imommy

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 3:11 pm
The name of the SCHOOL and the PRINCIPAL who literally instructed the parent to go to this “dr” to get forged immunization records needs to be publicized and they need to be reported to the DOH. Who are these people that are knowingly endangering children and our communities?!

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 7:55 pm
delicious wrote:
My husband said he thinks someone Dr. Bass or something...but that's like asking a man after a bris what the baby's name is LOL

I heard of a different Dr and his name doesn't start with a b or sound anything like bass. You think there's only one? )This Dr has multiple locations

happyness

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 8:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So I was by the Dr's office today to give my 23 month old his mmr. There was a discussionabt this between a few of us waiting in the waiting room. I heard a name of a dr in BP that does it. The woman that shared the name wasnt certain that it's him. So I have no problem posting the name once I know for sure. Don't really have a way of finding out. I believe this drs name has to go public for risking so many kids and pregnant ladies health.
Edited for typo

Can you try to find out? I'd love to know

whewpy

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 8:24 pm
Btw, we are not asking for the drs name just to gossip. I need to protect my child, know who to keep him away from.....

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 8:51 pm
whewpy wrote:
Btw, we are not asking for the drs name just to gossip. I need to protect my child, know who to keep him away from.....

Of course not! I'd just watch out of ppl using him.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 8:54 pm
delicious wrote:
Can you try to find out? I'd love to know

I have no way. I'd love to

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 9:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Edited for typo

IF ANY OF THIS IS TRUE- which wouldn't make sense that if someone really did that he would let it be common knowledge,
posting his name is a sure way to put him in trouble
you need a beis din to pasken if you can put someone in jail according to Jewish law. I am not sure measles negates halacha

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 2:08 am
whewpy wrote:

If your child needs protection, keep him/her away from everyone. Trust no one. I almost vomited when I found out someone close to me is antivax. Here I was priding myself on not being personally acquainted with any nut & oh boy was I fooled & misled. It hurts when I think about it. I might need trauma therapy to get over this.

flmommy

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 5:48 am
gamzehyaavor wrote:
If your child needs protection, keep him/her away from everyone. Trust no one. I almost vomited when I found out someone close to me is antivax. Here I was priding myself on not being personally acquainted with any nut & oh boy was I fooled & misled. It hurts when I think about it. I might need trauma therapy to get over this.

Another way to look at this...Possibly it means that not everyone who doesn’t fully vaccinate is NOT a nut.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 8:01 am
flmommy wrote:
Another way to look at this...Possibly it means that not everyone who doesn’t fully vaccinate is NOT a nut.

The term "nut" is a bit hard to qualify but because the anti-vaxers are a movement led by charlatans and quacks, there's a chance that anyone who affiliates is a nut.
When general frum society seeks to protect the babies and medically fragile, these nuts yell "sinas chinam" or they decide that society is ignorant.
These peons interrupted the speaker at the pro-vax information night and put anti-vax leaflets on the cars of those who attended (according to the Monsey Mevaser June 13th edition).
So yes, probably a large percentage of anti-vaxers have more going on besides healthy skepticism.

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 9:33 am
flmommy wrote:

You’re right. Anybody can be a nut- no matter if they do or don’t vaccinate. I directed my comment to those nuchshleppers not vaxxing out of stupidity. Not to the people who actually have a valid reason.

happyness

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 1:56 pm
I just spoke to a friend of mine, who has a SIL that is a transplant patient and cannot get shots with live virus. She works in a heimishe school, where kids come with forged records. SHe even asked the girls "did you go to the doctor?" and the kid says "no my brother did!"

JoyInTheMorning

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 2:18 pm
flmommy wrote:

You've got one negative too many in that sentence if you mean what I think you mean.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 8:58 pm
delicious wrote:
I just spoke to a friend of mine, who has a SIL that is a transplant patient and cannot get shots with live virus. She works in a heimishe school, where kids come with forged records. SHe even asked the girls "did you go to the doctor?" and the kid says "no my brother did!"

My sil is bh a former chemo patients. She has many " friends" that are unfortunately not former, or will be former very soon b'ezras hashem, she says these kids are kept locked inside the house, cannot go out anywhere cuz of this situation. She knows one boy who finished chemo 6 months ago but couldn't get the shot till very recently. He was literally locked inside his house for 6 months straight. HOW IS THIS FAIR?!?! how can the anti vaxers be so selfish!?! I just can not wrap my head around this, that ppl can be so insensitive to others. It really makes me mad. We must must must find out who the dr that is forging all these papers is!!!!!!

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 10:23 pm
There is a PA in flatbush who is telling people that they dont need to get their immunity checked if they have documentation of their vaccinations (when they were 1 and 4).

nchr

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 6:46 am
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
There is a PA in flatbush who is telling people that they dont need to get their immunity checked if they have documentation of their vaccinations (when they were 1 and 4).

My doctor says the same. That is what the CDC recommends because 97%+ of people are immune for life after 2 vaccinations and titers can have false negatives and are costly. Obviously you can still choose to check. We had to check our titers for a work related event but our insurance would not cover the cost and the lab billed us an inflated fee, which was covered by work since it was their requirement. We are immune and so is everyone else (except one person) I know IRL who checked.

happyness

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 8:36 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My sil is bh a former chemo patients. She has many " friends" that are unfortunately not former, or will be former very soon b'ezras hashem, she says these kids are kept locked inside the house, cannot go out anywhere cuz of this situation. She knows one boy who finished chemo 6 months ago but couldn't get the shot till very recently. He was literally locked inside his house for 6 months straight. HOW IS THIS FAIR?!?! how can the anti vaxers be so selfish!?! I just can not wrap my head around this, that ppl can be so insensitive to others. It really makes me mad. We must must must find out who the dr that is forging all these papers is!!!!!!

I just spoke to two anti vaxxers. ONe of them is really a nice person. When she responded with the following, I walked away and came to the realization that this fight is literally turning people into meshuguyim.

Me: I have a heart transplant friend that is terrified...
Anti-vaxxer: Well, that is her lot in life, she needs to stay home!!!

Me: what about the woman that went into labor at 25 weeks cuz she had the measles?
Anti-vaxxer: Lots of woman go into premature labor!

Me: what about the down syndrome baby that died?
Anti-vaxxer: He was sick anyway!!! and the parents went to the hospital too late!!!

Anti-vaxxer: I have a right to protect my child
Me: certainly, and so do we. So please keep your kids out of school and at home
Anti-vaxxer: YOU keep your kids home

Can't Believe It
Can't Believe It Can't Believe It Can't Believe It

southernbubby

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 9:05 am
delicious wrote:
I just spoke to two anti vaxxers. ONe of them is really a nice person. When she responded with the following, I walked away and came to the realization that this fight is literally turning people into meshuguyim.

Me: I have a heart transplant friend that is terrified...
Anti-vaxxer: Well, that is her lot in life, she needs to stay home!!!

Me: what about the woman that went into labor at 25 weeks cuz she had the measles?
Anti-vaxxer: Lots of woman go into premature labor!

Me: what about the down syndrome baby that died?
Anti-vaxxer: He was sick anyway!!! and the parents went to the hospital too late!!!

Anti-vaxxer: I have a right to protect my child
Me: certainly, and so do we. So please keep your kids out of school and at home
Anti-vaxxer: YOU keep your kids home

Can't Believe It
Can't Believe It Can't Believe It Can't Believe It

The Down syndrome child example doesn't win arguments.

The only thing that will work is to say that we will fight for the right for a safe environment for infants, medically fragile, etc, even if it means excluding them. We can also say that we are not going to be able to continue to accommodate them at the expense of our children. Their babies are also safer because of people who vaccinate.
We can say that their cult leaders are people who we mock and laugh at for distorting science.
We don't have to consider the feelings of people who don't care about us at all.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics