Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Why do chassidim make aliya? Split
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 10:24 am
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
I wish the whole of Israel had as much kedusha, torah leaning and chesed as Bnei Brak rather than being a hub of materialism, selfishness and contempt for anything remotely Jewish as other cities (oh!! but with grass spinklers and fancy fountains and all those important things us yidden value!!)
Iim sorry, but WHAT???????? First of all, there are many places in Israel that are filled with chesed, torah learning and kedusha. Why davka bnei brak? Im not sure. But please, do you even live in Israel? Or if yes, have you stepped out of your own daled amot? There is so much good in this land, obviously not everywhere and not everything is good and kadosh, but so much is. Why such vile hatred???????

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 10:25 am
I wish the whole of Israel had as much kedusha, torah leaning and chesed as Bnei Brak rather than being a hub of materialism, selfishness and contempt for anything remotely Jewish as other cities (oh!! but with grass spinklers and fancy fountains and all those important things us yidden value!!)

I dont know much about Bnei Brak, besides the outer neglect I see when I shop there, and the official poverty rates.
I am sure the people there are lovely (definitely much more pleasant than you seem to be).

You, on the other hand, have just maligned most of Israel. I have no words. All I can assume is that you see your negative inner world reflected everywhere you go.

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 10:29 am

Also - grass sprinklers? Fancy fountains? Sounds like Beverly Hills or something (not that I have ever been there, just imagining).

Have you ever spent any time in other Israeli cities?

DrMom

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 10:29 am
LovesHashem wrote:
I live in Israel. I want to expand on Mommyg8's thoughts a bit.
Army is important. Learning is important.
Being safe is important.

Doing half half isn't necessarily the big answer.
Some people aren't cut out for learning at all (Secular Jews) and some are not cut out for army at all (very religious Jews whose standards will be affected).
Some kids aren't cut out to do either fully and rather to do half half.

According to the Rabbanim in my circles there's not enough learners out there. And the army simply doesn't need more people.

Every secular Jew in the country(and some arabs, bedouins, and people from abroad ) are doing full time army. Do we have equal amounts of people learning? Especially on behalf of all those Jews who have never even opened a gemara.

What an elitist argument.

It's like saying, "I'm just not cut out to pay taxes. But that guy over there? He's perfect for it!"

Or "I've decided to take an on-line course in accounting. Then I will earn an excellent salary and contribute to our country's economy. I've decided that I'm doing more for the country by staying home and studying than serving in the army. Let my neighbor, a bartender, take my place."

It's just not your decision to make.

The army is supposed to draft everyone and then they decide who is suitable for the positions they need to fill.

If they have more manpower than what they require, they can shorten the time each soldier needs to serve.

There is even an autistic unit in the army. These kids did not have to serve but they wanted to. What a kiddush HaShem!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaDxU9yj0Ik

Last edited by DrMom on Wed, Jun 12 2019, 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total

icebreaker

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 10:30 am

You're literally not making a case for frum Jews. At all. It's one thing to disagree with another sector of society, it's another thing to spew such vitriol. And guess what, those people you are talking about are Jews too! They may not be frum, but they are Jews, and if it's their sons that are going to the army to protect yeshiva boys, then they deserve to have grass sprinklers and fancy fountains.

merelyme

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 10:35 am
If anyone has something kind, helpful, appropriate... (fill in something good) to add, please pm Yael.
Page 9 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 Recent Topics

Post new topic       Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions