Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
GPS Tracker for Toddler

country

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 10:06 pm
I will be upstate for the summer I am terrified of my toddler running off and getting lost. Anyone know of a gps tracker for kids?

singleagain

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 10:12 pm
You could always get those tile things for keys and attach it to your kid as a necklace/bracelet

singleagain

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 10:13 pm
The key finder things..

Tile Sport - Key Finder. Phone Finder. Anything Finder (Graphite) - 1 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073.....230ZD

aricelli

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 12:44 am
They sell watch trackers
https://www.expressden.com/pro.....D_BwE
They probably have different and better solutions on autism websites for children who are “runners”

Rappel

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 4:10 am
Oh, I totally feel you! I have a runner, and I considered attaching a tracker to him at one point, before I realized he would just remove it.

There are a bunch of options, but most of the long-range ones require an ongoing subscription. I found one that had an unbelievable range, and was just "buy and use" for around a 100 bucks, but I don't remember the company name. I'll try and find it.

(I wish I could just get a herding dog. It would save me a lot of heartache on the children front, though obviously dogs come with their own maintenance. Another few years, maybe.)

singleagain

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 7:32 am
Rappel wrote:
Oh, I totally feel you! I have a runner, and I considered attaching a tracker to him at one point, before I realized he would just remove it.

There are a bunch of options, but most of the long-range ones require an ongoing subscription. I found one that had an unbelievable range, and was just "buy and use" for around a 100 bucks, but I don't remember the company name. I'll try and find it.

(I wish I could just get a herding dog. It would save me a lot of heartache on the children front, though obviously dogs come with their own maintenance. Another few years, maybe.)

You can always look for shoe trackers.. they might be less likely to be removed since they'd be attached to laces or something

Rappel

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 2:48 pm
singleagain wrote:
You can always look for shoe trackers.. they might be less likely to be removed since they'd be attached to laces or something

You're assuming he wears shoes Hiding

I make him wear them for gan, but his nickname back in the States is Lil Leatherfoot.

He's also obsessed with electronic gadgets, and very creative at producing his own solutions. I considered putting one on him when he kept on escaping our garden, but I ultimately concluded that it's simply safer just to watch him constantly.

singleagain

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 2:53 pm
Rappel wrote:
You're assuming he wears shoes Hiding

I make him wear them for gan, but his nickname back in the States is Lil Leatherfoot.

He's also obsessed with electronic gadgets, and very creative at producing his own solutions. I considered putting one on him when he kept on escaping our garden, but I ultimately concluded that it's simply safer just to watch him constantly.

If he likes gadgets could a watch tracker work?
(If not for your toddler specific... Maybe it would for others

Rappel

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 3:04 pm
singleagain wrote:
If he likes gadgets could a watch tracker work?
(If not for your toddler specific... Maybe it would for others

At this point, yes, BH! and he's also learned some boundaries, though I still can't trust him on his own.

At the height of his climbing and escaping, he was 1 and a quarter, and would just go up our fig tree, under our fence, under our neighbor's house and out the other side, out of his upper bedroom window across the shed roof and then down outside the fence... And a watch would never have stayed on him then.

singleagain

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 3:14 pm
Rappel wrote:
At this point, yes, BH! and he's also learned some boundaries, though I still can't trust him on his own.

At the height of his climbing and escaping, he was 1 and a quarter, and would just go up our fig tree, under our fence, under our neighbor's house and out the other side, out of his upper bedroom window across the shed roof and then down outside the fence... And a watch would never have stayed on him then.

Wow! I wish you much luck to keep up with your active toddler. Sounds adorable

studying_torah

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 3:25 pm
Well look, you're name is rappel so clearly it's in his genes lol!

nchr

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 4:02 pm
The GPS is a bad idea. They only work within a small radius and knowing your child has a GPS tracker may make you think that you can look away from your son because "he has a tracker," but during that time he could easily run away and be outside of the area still trackable by the tracker. The best way to ensure your toddler is near you is to supervise him.

Rappel

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 4:48 pm
studying_torah wrote:
Well look, you're name is rappel so clearly it's in his genes lol!

Ha! I never thought about it, but you're right!

DH and I love hiking and being outdoors, so I guess we did bring it on ourselves. He's very cute, but a little hair-raising at times!

advocate

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 6:36 pm
Research Angelsense

And Daven!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics