Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Just for fun - funniest thing you've used as a headcovering
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 11:28 pm
I'm probably not the only person who keeps finding herself without a tichel and wanting a nap, or not being able to find the tichel in my suitcase.

So what's the funniest thing you've used to cover your head in a time of need?

I have a whole list, but I'll start with just one: A pair of tights LOL

What's yours?

simba

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 11:30 pm
A pillow cover.

mfb

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 11:38 pm
I know someone who used a white baby diaper/burp cloth

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 11:40 pm
A football helmet

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 11:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm probably not the only person who keeps finding herself without a tichel and wanting a nap, or not being able to find the tichel in my suitcase.

So what's the funniest thing you've used to cover your head in a time of need?

I have a whole list, but I'll start with just one: A pair of tights LOL

What's yours?

And here I thought my answer would be unique. I've used a pair of tights too 😀

yksraya

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 11:55 pm
When I was in dh's office and needed a nap, I used his spare undershirt (hanes short sleeved). He showed me that if I put the neck band on my head, and then throw the rest of it to my back, it looks like a snood. It's a really cool idea as you can easily find a tee shirt just anywhere in case a suitcase goes missing or you forgot to bring your covering.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 12:06 am
My hood of my sweatshirt

Chickpea

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 12:24 am
My hands. I had just walked out of my house and thought to myself, "Why do I feel a draft on my head?" and realized I forgot to put on my hat. Ohhhh noooo! Surprised I quickly covered my head with my hands and darted back into the house. Didn't know that I could run that fast.

Simple1

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 12:25 am
A black shell. Put it over your head with neck in front tucked under. Tie arms back in a knot.

tf

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 12:35 am
Turban liner
The blanket I use for my body just pulled overhead and left a hole for my nose and mouth to breath

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 1:12 am
As a young wife in a tiny apartment I'll admit I'm not so good about covering my hair in my home like I thought I would be. One day... Anyway, I find myself needing to use all sorts of things to cover my head so that my DH can make a bracha or say anything Torah related. (Either I'm too lazy to get up and get a snood or the baby is sleeping and it's not worth the risk of going in.) Some examples - his hat, kitchen towels, a skirt (that was drying over a chair), coats/sweaters, challah cover during the Shabbos seudah TMI, basically anything that can mostly cover my head lol...

Tzutzie

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 1:18 am
SuperWify wrote:
My hood of my sweatshirt

My sister used her hood of her jacket.
The organization she worked for was short in chaperones for a field trip. So she volunteered.
A severely autistic boy got up on his seat and in a flash grabbed her sheitel off and threw it out the bus window onto the BQE.... (for no
New yowners - the Brooklyn Queens Expressway). she quickly threw on her hood.....
The mother paid for a new sheitel. We still laugh about it.

Metukah

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 1:47 am
I have used tights on many an occasion. It's actually pretty comfortable.

BadTichelDay

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 5:40 am
Pink Ramy Levy plastic bag (that made a really bad tichel).
I had been in the middle of dyeing my hair when someone knocked on the door.

lkwdgirl

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 5:54 am
After a family wedding that was on a very rainy day I put on an I ❤️New York T-shirt’s and gotta tell you worked like a charm and gave my husband and kids something to laugh about

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 6:04 am
I am laughing out loud at these answers, because I've done all of the above! Due to migraines, I give myself a break if I'm at home by myself. I try to keep a pretied by the door, but I don't always find it.

I've also started to take out the garbage without a hair covering, and clapped my hands on top of my head, desperately pushing the elevator buttons and praying that I don't run into a neighbor before I can get back home and cover properly.

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 6:25 am
Surgical scrubs hat (use two for better coverage )

unexpected

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 7:15 am
pajama pants

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 7:32 am
unexpected wrote:
pajama pants

Your user name is oddly fitting for this thread! LOL

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 7:33 am
My wig flew as the kids would say. I was hit from behind on the highway, and my wig flew into the back seat. I went out to inspect the damages and subconsciously was making sure my sheital was straight. Whoops

The morning after my chassunah, DH took my wig to get the updo taken down. My across the street neighbors decided to say hello by letting themselves into my house - the Rabbi and his wife. They stuck their arm through the open window and unlocked my door. I was in a fairly see through white negligee. I didn't know what to cover first. My hands were going to three places. This was my first clue there were boundary issues in my new community.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics