Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Just for fun - funniest thing you've used as a headcovering
Previous  1  2  3  Next

jeweled

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 7:44 am
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
My wig flew as the kids would say. I was hit from behind on the highway, and my wig flew into the back seat. I went out to inspect the damages and subconsciously was making sure my sheital was straight. Whoops

The morning after my chassunah, DH took my wig to get the updo taken down. My across the street neighbors decided to say hello by letting themselves into my house - the Rabbi and his wife. They stuck their arm through the open window and unlocked my door. I was in a fairly see through white negligee. I didn't know what to cover first. My hands were going to three places. This was my first clue there were boundary issues in my new community.

Omg. The neighbor part is crazy!!!! Deserving of it's own thread! Can't Believe It

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 7:54 am
jeweled wrote:
Omg. The neighbor part is crazy!!!! Deserving of it's own thread! Can't Believe It

LOL he has had many threads on here by name! I.Am.Not.Kidding. He's an international crazy.

trixx

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 8:00 am
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
Surgical scrubs hat (use two for better coverage )

This - when I was in labor without a tichel and started feeling faint I whipped off my shaitel and put on a hat, the nurses were shocked I don't think they realized it was a wig

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 8:11 am
jeweled wrote:

What ????
A neighbor unlocked your door and let themselves in to your apartment the morning after your wedding ? Omg!!!

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 8:34 am
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
What ????
A neighbor unlocked your door and let themselves in to your apartment the morning after your wedding ? Omg!!!

By sticking his hand in through the window. The second time it happened I was near the window and saw a hand coming through and screamed.
DH changed the windows the next day to vertically opening windows to block my friendly neighbors.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 9:29 am
Tzutzie wrote:
My sister used her hood of her jacket.
The organization she worked for was short in chaperones for a field trip. So she volunteered.
A severely autistic boy got up on his seat and in a flash grabbed her sheitel off and threw it out the bus window onto the BQE.... (for no
New yowners - the Brooklyn Queens Expressway). she quickly threw on her hood.....
The mother paid for a new sheitel. We still laugh about it.

Oh my!!!

SuperWify

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 9:30 am
BadTichelDay wrote:
Pink Ramy Levy plastic bag (that made a really bad tichel).
I had been in the middle of dyeing my hair when someone knocked on the door.

I know I’m being corny but that certainly wasn’t a good tichel day.

BTW your avatar looks great in a snood! 👍

BadTichelDay

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 9:40 am
SuperWify wrote:
I know I’m being corny but that certainly wasn’t a good tichel day.

BTW your avatar looks great in a snood! 👍

Thanks. I decided I needed a break from the wheat field.

merrygold

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 9:43 am
Lunch bag

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 11:07 am
This thread is hilarious! And amother forest green, my jaw literally dropped—that’s insane!

I’ve used a burp cloth, towel, sweatshirt hood plenty of times, baby’s T-shirt, plastic bag...probably more that I can’t think of now.

Oh! A napkin too!

Last edited by amother on Fri, Aug 21 2020, 1:43 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
White

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 12:18 pm
have used hubby's yarmulka- for myself when making brachos.

amother
Black

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 12:19 pm
This thread reminded my of the time when I was in high school and we had a rule that you had to cover your hair to be able to attend the home economics class where we cooked/baked. We would get very creative with head coverings when we forgot to bring them in. The most memorable was the time that someone in my class forgot to bring one in and grabbed her bike helmet. The teacher actually let her into class that day!

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 12:44 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
My wig flew as the kids would say. I was hit from behind on the highway, and my wig flew into the back seat. I went out to inspect the damages and subconsciously was making sure my sheital was straight. Whoops

The morning after my chassunah, DH took my wig to get the updo taken down. My across the street neighbors decided to say hello by letting themselves into my house - the Rabbi and his wife. They stuck their arm through the open window and unlocked my door. I was in a fairly see through white negligee. I didn't know what to cover first. My hands were going to three places. This was my first clue there were boundary issues in my new community.

Reminds me of the old joke. A rabbi, a priest and an iman go for a walk on a hot day. The come upon an isolated pond, and decide to go skinny dipping. Wouldn't you know it. As soon as they got out, some parishioners walked by. Embarrassed, the iman covered his privates, the priest covered his privates, but the rabbi covered his face. After the parishioners left, the priest and iman were curious about that, and asked him why. "Well, I don't know what parts your parishioners would recognize, but for me ...."

Soul on fire

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 12:50 pm
I can't think of anything unusual but yesterday there was a truck working on power lines outside our second story window....for whatever reason my 4 yr old thought she needed her head covered...so she put a gift bag on her head then went to the window to watch the man work...lol

Yummymummy3

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 2:09 pm
My sister wore tights under her band a to keep her hair in. Whilst out in public she realised that she had some legs hanging down from her head.
😂😂😂😂😂

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 2:12 pm
Am I the only one who's never used anything strange to cover my hair?

Last edited by amother on Fri, Jul 05 2019, 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

rachelmom1

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 2:28 pm
One of two...
smileforamile wrote:
Am I the only one who's never used anything strange to cover my hair?

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 2:36 pm
I was at a hotel and realized I hadn't packed a snood so I went to the hotel gift shop and the only thing I could find was a really fancy scarf.

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 5:10 pm
I was a sleepover guest, I realized I forgot to bring my turban but was embarrased to ask her for one so I slept with a towel wrapped around my head

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 5:12 pm
Ive witnessed funniest sight. A kallah during her sheva bruchos, her wig flew off while dancing. She was in such panic that she ran out with the sheital in her hand & a clean shaven head
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics