Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Cleaning lady called Rebbe a 'hairy b@stard'
Previous  1  2

sequoia

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 12:56 pm
Sleepymama wrote:
I think it was slang. It's like saying "who's that lit dude with the sick hat and the funky beard?" She didn't realize she was being irreverent. Just trying to be friendly and ask a question in an edgy way.

Yeah that’s how I interpreted it as well.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 1:10 pm
She called someone in your home a bastard. Draw your conclusions what she thinks of YOU

Beyla

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 1:19 pm
A lot of cleaning ladies have asked me about the pictures of the Rebbe in our home but always tactfully... this woman sure needs some basic guideline about being polite.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 1:38 pm
It's disrespectful, but typical cleaning ladies aren't paid enough to care.

octopus

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 2:00 pm
It could be just the way she talks. I had a cleaning lady once talk to my then 2 year old dd, "hey, se-xy girl," I was flabbergasted. But I guess in her culture that's a compliment?? Anyway, I didn't have her back because I'm just not comfortable with that. But I agree with previous posters that while it may not be a firing offense, it speaks of her character. And if that makes you uncomfortable, then goodbye!

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 2:08 pm
octopus wrote:
It could be just the way she talks. I had a cleaning lady once talk to my then 2 year old dd, "hey, se-xy girl," I was flabbergasted. But I guess in her culture that's a compliment?? Anyway, I didn't have her back because I'm just not comfortable with that. But I agree with previous posters that while it may not be a firing offense, it speaks of her character. And if that makes you uncomfortable, then goodbye!

A 5exual comment about a child is different, because it's a real red flag.

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 2:28 pm
I would be horrified and probably would not want her back. Between this comment and her work ethics, you should find someone you can trust a little more.

octopus

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 2:59 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
A 5exual comment about a child is different, because it's a real red flag.

She wasn't American and it was so odd and out of place. I had her exactly once and that was it.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 7:37 pm
Many thanks for all the responses. I agree that it could have been a language nuance misunderstanding, but I have an impressionable DD who could get in a lot of trouble if she said these kinds of things in kindergarten... think that, overall, I'll be shopping around for a new lady. Dh has been having a lot of luck on facebook- only problem is that the good ones keep getting sent 'home'!

zaq

Post Sat, Jun 15 2019, 7:34 pm
I would fire her. That she doesn’t know who the rebbe is has nothing to do with anything: if you have the portrait on your wall, the man is obviously important to you no matter who he is. she’s showing stunningly blatant disrespect to both you and the person in the picture. She knows full well that “ba####d” is an expression of contempt, and she could have just as easily asked simply “who’s that?” I wouldn’t want anyone with such an attitude in my house and neither should you.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry