Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
NY is ending religious exceptions!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

amother
Babypink

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 3:21 pm
nchr wrote:
I can think of many Jews that fit that description. Please. Anthropologically speaking the lawless and entitled aspect is especially interesting.

Yeah because they have so many frum gang members in prison for violent crimes.

nchr

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 3:22 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
Yeah because they have so many frum gang members in prison for violent crimes.

That's not what Marina said people say about Jews. You know what she was referring to.

JoyInTheMorning

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 3:26 pm
You do know that health ed is a mandated course?

I don't live in NYC. I never had a kid go to a NYC or New York State high school. So no, I don't know that it's mandated. But I do know that the curriculum for health ed courses often centers around sex ed, and as much as that information is good to know, it can probably be covered in a week. That leaves a lot of time for the curriculum I outlined above.

debsey

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 3:29 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
Not a smart comment. It's not the doctors that forge the paper, it's the anti vaxxer. Duh.

Doesn't matter.

A medical professional is responsible for his own license number and credentials. Meaning, if someone did forge a doctor's name and license number on an exemption form, the burden of proof would be on the doctor to prove he did not write that letter.

It is very difficult (and in legal terms, "difficult" means "lengthy" and "expensive") to prove a negative.

It's unfair, but the doctor would be the one in the hot seat, even if the parent was the one who forged everything.

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 3:32 pm
That's not the alternative. It isn't do what the liberals want or move to a repressive regime.

Yeah. Those darned liberals don't want your kids to die of preventable illness. They don't want them to kill others with weakened immune systems. What will they do next? Require us to educate our kids?

JoyInTheMorning

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 3:34 pm
I am really not sure how liberal vs conservative entered this thread. I thought this was a topic that most of us are united on. Likewise, anti-vaxxers also come from both ends of the spectrum, right and left. I'd suggest separating concerns and not alienating supporters of your cause by bringing in irrelevant issues.

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 3:35 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
I cant read the article but gangs are not exclusive to South America and/or there is no guarantee that illegal aliens wont be killed by gangs in America (especially if they owe these gangs money or something). Besides, there are so many men coming in illegally (and majority of pictures I've seen were mostly composed of men instead of women and children) so they can clean up these gangs instead of running away.

https://www.usatoday.com/story.....1002/

https://www.nydailynews.com/ne......html

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/......html

https://www.thedailybeast.com/.....agers

https://abcnews.go.com/US/ms-1.....99174

And Jews are categorized as "white". If that is not the case then explain why the census and/or college admissions, etc dont include a separate category for Jews on the basis that Jews are a separate race.

"Jewish" isn't a race. It's a religion. You can be Jewish and Latino. Or black. Or Asian. Or Caucasian. Or Indian.

Fox

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 3:42 pm
JoyInTheMorning wrote:
I am really not sure how liberal vs conservative entered this thread. I thought this was a topic that most of us are united on. Likewise, anti-vaxxers also come from both ends of the spectrum, right and left. I'd suggest separating concerns and not alienating supporters of your cause by bringing in irrelevant issues.

I have nothing useful to say about vaccinations, but I'm just joining Joy in a bipartisan scratching of the heads about how liberal versus conservative politics enters into this.

Even the most die-hard libertarians and anarchists agree that people must come together to secure their safety, whether that's done through government, a homeowner's association, or social pressure from "200 bored women gossiping," as my 19-year-old DS once called Imamother (I corrected him; there are way more than 200!).

It's always worthwhile to examine how governments treat religious minorities and religious rights, but prevention of widespread disease is hardly the most controversial of mandates. Of all the situations in which the government has a compelling interest, that would seem to be pretty clear.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 4:03 pm
JoyInTheMorning wrote:
What's a bunny course? Is that supposed to be an easy course?

Anyway, I think there is room in existing courses. The civics materig Aal can be covered in 8th grade social studies and then again in 11th grade social studies (while studying American history). The health and medicine material can be covered whenever biology is taught, 9th or 10th grade. As it is, the frum schools don't teach evolution, which is a chunk of the curriculum, so there is space to add extra material.

And this applies to both boys and girls. Everyone needs to learn this.

Bunny courses are almost impossible to fail.

amother
Babypink

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 4:15 pm
quote="SixOfWands"]Yeah. Those darned liberals don't want your kids to die of preventable illness. They don't want them to kill others with weakened immune systems. What will they do next? Require us to educate our kids?[/quote]

I am pro-vax. I am anti-open borders. I am pro- education. I can agree with an anti-vax's position who is also against open borders

amother
Babypink

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 4:17 pm
debsey wrote:
Doesn't matter.

A medical professional is responsible for his own license number and credentials. Meaning, if someone did forge a doctor's name and license number on an exemption form, the burden of proof would be on the doctor to prove he did not write that letter.

It is very difficult (and in legal terms, "difficult" means "lengthy" and "expensive") to prove a negative.

It's unfair, but the doctor would be the one in the hot seat, even if the parent was the one who forged everything.

It's a lot easier to prove it is not your signature than you are making it.

Mommyg8

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 4:25 pm
I would like to read just one single intelligent argument based on science against vaxing.

"Dissolving Illusions" by Dr. Suzanne Humphries.

debsey

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 4:28 pm
It's a lot easier to prove it is not your signature than you are making it.

You're only saying this because you've never tried to do it.........Forging a doctor's signature is not a victimless crime.

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 4:29 pm
Back to the original topic, this means that if you are a middle aged lady looking to go back to school to get a career, if you will be taking a certain number of courses, the school will require you to get 2 hep b shots as if you are a 19 year old in the co-ed dorms. What does that requirement have anything to do with public safety? Good thing online courses exist.

amother
Babypink

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 4:30 pm
debsey wrote:
You're only saying this because you've never tried to do it.........Forging a doctor's signature is not a victimless crime.

I had my secretary forge my signature on a legal document. What's your experience with forging signatures?

amother
Magenta

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 4:39 pm
I had my secretary forge my signature on a legal document. What's your experience with forging signatures?

Its not "forgery" if its done with your permission. Its done in the form Ploni Almoni/bp

southernbubby

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 4:46 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
"Dissolving Illusions" by Dr. Suzanne Humphries.

She is a prominent anti-vax homeopath. How is she more scientific than the rest of the quacks?

amother
Magenta

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 4:47 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
Back to the original topic, this means that if you are a middle aged lady looking to go back to school to get a career, if you will be taking a certain number of courses, the school will require you to get 2 hep b shots as if you are a 19 year old in the co-ed dorms. What does that requirement have anything to do with public safety? Good thing online courses exist.

Well, as we keep saying, that's your choice. If you would prefer not to get a benign Hep B vaccine -- one of my kids just got a booster because his titer tested low -- then you can choose not to attend a college that requires one.

And yes, we live in a nanny state. We also demand that you buckle your kids into car seats and seat belts, we don't allow your 9 your old to buy himself some cigs, and we most assuredly don't allow your 14 year old to shoot up in the girls room at school. I don't have a problem with those things, either.

amother
Ruby

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 4:48 pm
Fox wrote:
I have nothing useful to say about vaccinations, but I'm just joining Joy in a bipartisan scratching of the heads about how liberal versus conservative politics enters into this.

Even the most die-hard libertarians and anarchists agree that people must come together to secure their safety, whether that's done through government, a homeowner's association, or social pressure from "200 bored women gossiping," as my 19-year-old DS once called Imamother (I corrected him; there are way more than 200!).

It's always worthwhile to examine how governments treat religious minorities and religious rights, but prevention of widespread disease is hardly the most controversial of mandates. Of all the situations in which the government has a compelling interest, that would seem to be pretty clear.

Conservatives believe in individual choice while liberals believe in government-induced action. Now in a case of an outbreak, they can do like Washington State: remove religious exemptions JUST from measles. That would tell us that the goal was to put a halt to the current outbreak.

But once it becomes about mandating ALL vaccines regardless of the current situation, that's a liberal mindset: We don't trust you to make proper decisions regarding your kids, whether it's vaccines, whether it's education or whether it's metzitza b'peh. All spearheaded by liberals and all interfering with individual religious rights.

amother
Babypink

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 4:49 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
Its not "forgery" if its done with your permission. Its done in the form Ploni Almoni/bp

As I said she forged my signature. There was no permission granted by me. The police got involved.

Another time my secretary forged my signature on a check. Again the police got involved.

Thinking on it, it was extremely easy to prove it was not my signature both times. I simply said that's not my signature.
Page 7 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics