Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
What would it take for you personally to say *that's IT* we'
Previous  1  2  3

iyar

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 9:15 am
etky wrote:
Similar discussion.
This time we're talking about when Mashiach finally does come.
I understand the argument about waiting for Mashiach before making aliya to EY, even if I do not agree with it.
For the first time, however, I'm hearing the opinion that even after Mashiach arrives, some Jews will still prefer to remain in chutz la'aretz. In other words - reject the redemption and voluntarily opt to continue the punishment of galut.
That blows my mind.

Mine too!
I thought I already knew all the reasons people stay in chu"l. Sick parents. Parnassah. All the upheaval involved in moving to a strange place with small children. Fear of change. Fear of Hizballah. Inertia. Lots of other things.
I never knew there were people who wouldn't run and start packing as soon as they hear the Shofar.
What do you know there are quite a few. Right here on imamother.
That's why I (occasionally) come visit.
To learn how differently people cook, clean, raise their kids, make simchas, work, think, love, dream, believe...

shevi82

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 12:30 pm
cinnamon wrote:
Seriously? I'm teated just fine thank you very much and so is my husband, my kids and my whole extendded family.
And as for the public sphare? Do you see the amount of yeshivas, kollelim and schools out there?
I don't think the state is "ראשית צמיחת גאולתינו" or anything but its a very good place to be chareidi.

This.We have a real chessed hashem before the final geulah.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 1:39 pm
All places have things we dislike but "the devil you know". And sometimes REALLY some stuff, like sickness, or loneliness, is very hard. Or sometimes you don't want to make effort xyz that would lead to a possibility of doing something, and that's VERYYYY ok if your rabbi doesn't obligate your community/you.

bluebaker

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 2:05 pm
All of the *excuses* will soon cease to exist because people will actually be able to see for the first time what exactly is happening in reality and where their alliance and allegiances lie. It's really not about convincing anyone because none is needed. It's like a ripening of a fruit, when enough sun, water and elements are added to time itself, the fruit goes from green and hard to soft and sweet. This is the time of ripening. Some are seeing before others because like a tree, some fruits and flowers bud and ripen before others. And in addition in using the analogy of the tree, there will always be those left hanging, frozen in time, on the fence as it were, literally and metaphorically, for whatever reason, just couldn't decide if it was worth the risk to leave what was familiar.

PinkFridge wrote:
As much help as there is, some people still will not be able to move for financial reasons.
Some people also aren't moving because their kids aren't good ages to move. And maybe they know their individual kids to know - and they might be getting some professional input from mechanchim, etc. - that moving might not be good for them.
Some people have family commitments. They might be taking care of parents. They might have married children who are not inclined to move, and as much as they love E"Y they don't want the physical distance.

I really hear you. It's starting to get hairy here, no question. But people have legitimate reasons for staying. I just listed a few. The sacrifices aren't advisable for them at this point.

bluebaker

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 2:15 pm
Why the surprise?
https://harova.org/torah/view.asp?id=1975

iyar wrote:
Mine too!
I thought I already knew all the reasons people stay in chu"l. Sick parents. Parnassah. All the upheaval involved in moving to a strange place with small children. Fear of change. Fear of Hizballah. Inertia. Lots of other things.
I never knew there were people who wouldn't run and start packing as soon as they hear the Shofar.
What do you know there are quite a few. Right here on imamother.
That's why I (occasionally) come visit.
To learn how differently people cook, clean, raise their kids, make simchas, work, think, love, dream, believe...
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics