Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Best crockpot out there

smile1818

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 9:32 am
Looking to buy a new crockpot. I’m throwing out my west bend one because after just a year the coating is coming off and it’s white inside. What makes a yummy chulent?

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 9:36 am
Following

esuss

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 9:41 am
I currently have crockpot brand one. Very happy with it. In my experience none last very long even the most expensive ones. I buy the best priced available at the moment and replace every couple of years. Also do not buy one with digital controls. I had one once and we had a blackout Shabbos morning and it didn't turn back on. This could also be a problem if I left supper in it and left to work - we would have come home to nothing.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 9:42 am
Hamilton Beach is the best. Get a black crock insert, oval shape, warm/hi/low manual switch.
What size do you need?

amother
Orange

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 9:54 am
I luv my Cuisinart programmable slow cooker. No more overcooked food! It stays on "keep warm" long enough to be practical for Shabbat. We had an electrical failure once and no hot lunch that day, but it is very, very rare. (If you have a blackout, make sure that your non-programmable cooker wasn't off too long to be safe). Anon because I discuss this so much!

smile1818

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 10:28 am
ra_mom wrote:
Hamilton Beach is the best. Get a black crock insert, oval shape, warm/hi/low manual switch.
What size do you need?

Not huge. Needs to feed 4 people who are not big eaters and sometimes guests. I’m thinking 4 or 6 quarts

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 10:42 am
5 quart
https://www.amazon.com/Hamilto.....r=8-7

I have this 4 quart for years
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....psc=1

smile1818

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 11:02 am
ra_mom wrote:
5 quart
https://www.amazon.com/Hamilto.....r=8-7

I have this 4 quart for years
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....psc=1

Thank you!!

aliavi

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 12:56 pm
Hamilton Beach really is the best. I like to get one with a warm setting not just high and low because I can cook for the full time I’m out of the house and not have over cooked food.

giselle

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 4:31 pm
aliavi wrote:
Hamilton Beach really is the best. I like to get one with a warm setting not just high and low because I can cook for the full time I’m out of the house and not have over cooked food.

Is warm hot enough to cook? And is it safe to leave at that temp over shabbos? I always worry the food will spoil.

smile1818

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 4:40 pm
I always wondered how to get the best taste. Currently I put on high till it boils and lower to low after. I put it up at noon on Friday

giselle

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 4:58 pm
We put on high Thursday night and turn to low on Friday afternoon.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 5:13 pm
I put it on low on Friday afternoon and leave it that way throughout.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sat, Jun 15 2019, 11:37 pm
I just switched from westbendthat I've had for 15 years to Hamilton Beach. Am thrilled!! I put it on low from Friday morning and warm over shabbos. Comes out amazing!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen