Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Are Ezra world birthrite trips geared for chassidish couple?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 12:45 pm
We’re chassidish and live in Brooklyn. A friend told me about a birthrite trip to Israel for adults between 27-32. I contacted them, they hv slots available and we fit the criteria. Both dh and I hv never been to Israel and always dreamed of going but it’s way out of our budget. I was excited for this opportunity but not sure if we’ll feel out of place. Anyone familiar?

naturalmom5

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 12:57 pm
Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.
I think the Birthright trips are for secular people to encourage them to become frum or at least not intermarry

In any event, if you are BP Chasidish all your life you will be VERY VERY VERY out of your element
Hatzlacha

cnc

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 12:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We’re chassidish and live in Brooklyn. A friend told me about a birthrite trip to Israel for adults between 27-32. I contacted them, they hv slots available and we fit the criteria. Both dh and I hv never been to Israel and always dreamed of going but it’s way out of our budget. I was excited for this opportunity but not sure if we’ll feel out of place. Anyone familiar?

Ask the organizers what the crowd is like .
There are tours that are for Chasidish couples.

paperflowers

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 1:05 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
I think the Birthright trips are for secular people to encourage them to become frum or at least not intermarry

In any event, if you are BP Chasidish all your life you will be VERY VERY VERY out of your element
Hatzlacha

You are correct in most cases, but they do have different tours. It all depends who sponsors it. My brother even thought about making a group with friends from yeshiva with one of their rabbeim as the leader and apparently they could have gotten their trip sponsored by birthright.

I don’t know anything about this particular tour, but there are religious trips.

amother
Mint

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 1:27 pm
I was there recently. They told us there are other religious couples and others are respectful. Turns out when we got to the airport there were 2 other frum couples and the rest knew nothing about being jewish other than having a jewish mother or father.
All in all it was ok. We are open minded and made a kiddush hashem. We mingled a bit but enjoyed our time as a couple .

Their goal is to connect jews to the land of Israel and they should look at Israel a positive view. Isreal sponsors a lot of it. There is no mention of religion at all. Chaperon and guide were total atheist. They take you to places like masada, show u isreali technology, give you history lessons ect...its other name is taglit=discovery

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 1:51 pm
These trips are generally not geared for chassidish couples & you won't see too many frum couples. It attracts more of a secular crowd. Sometimes there are more frum couples in the group but it's generally more secular. Definitely not chassidish.

cnc

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 1:53 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
These trips are generally not geared for chassidish couples & you won't see too many frum couples. It attracts more of a secular crowd. Sometimes there are more frum couples in the group but it's generally more secular. Definitely not chassidish.

There are specific chassidish only groups .
People organize these trips on their own and gather their own crowd.

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 1:53 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
I was there recently. They told us there are other religious couples and others are respectful. Turns out when we got to the airport there were 2 other frum couples and the rest knew nothing about being jewish other than having a jewish mother or father.
All in all it was ok. We are open minded and made a kiddush hashem. We mingled a bit but enjoyed our time as a couple .

Their goal is to connect jews to the land of Israel and they should look at Israel a positive view. Isreal sponsors a lot of it. There is no mention of religion at all. Chaperon and guide were total atheist. They take you to places like masada, show u isreali technology, give you history lessons ect...its other name is taglit=discovery

if there was no talk of religion - then how would you know guides were atheist?

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 1:54 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:

Hatzlacha

No. not to become frum. to stay connected.

amother
Royalblue

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 1:54 pm
Go for it! I know a couple of people who did it and were very pleased. Other than a minimal insurance fee, it was free and they relished the opportunity they wouldn't otherwise have gotten. Yeah, you will need to visit Har Herzl but small payoff IMO, lol.

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 1:55 pm
CNC, my aunt arranges the supposedly "chassidish" groups. It always ends up being mostly either ex chassidish that no longet look jewish, or secular couples. There was never yet a fully chassidish or fully frum group.
Check out their Instagram to get an idea of the people they attract.

happyone

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 1:57 pm
ok. Birthright has many different groups geared to different people. yes, there are chassidish only groups, mixed groups, secular couples, girls only frum and many more. the organizer can put you in a specific group if there's availibility. I know many couples that have gone and really enjoyed .

Notsobusy

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 2:07 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
CNC, my aunt arranges the supposedly "chassidish" groups. It always ends up being mostly either ex chassidish that no longet look jewish, or secular couples. There was never yet a fully chassidish or fully frum group.

My dd went on a frum girls only trip, so did some of my nieces, and my nephew went on one for frum boys only. You have to find out who to contact, you don't contact Birthright directly, you contact the organizer of the trip you want to go on.

amother
Amber

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 2:23 pm
I went last year on Ezra world’s birthright trip. I am chassidish, and so were all the people that went with us. Go for it! It was an amazing experience! I know that birthright in general is geared for secular Jews, but this particular “branch” is for chassidish couples.

cnc

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 2:42 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:

My cousins have joined the chassidish summer groups (more than one). All the participants were chassdish- majority with covered Sheitels. Is very easy to put together your own group .

cnc

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 2:42 pm
Notsobusy wrote:
My dd went on a frum girls only trip, so did some of my nieces, and my nephew went on one for frum boys only. You have to find out who to contact, you don't contact Birthright directly, you contact the organizer of the trip you want to go on.

This.

SuperWify

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 2:51 pm
I know someone that went on a frum couples tour through birthright. Ask them about the frum tours.

amother
Black

Post Fri, Jun 14 2019, 3:21 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:

I dont know who your aunt is but that info is incorrect. I know both organizers and they have some exclusively chassidish groups and they screen their participants. is your aunt through Ezra or another organized tour through Birthright ?

pizza4

Post Sat, Jun 15 2019, 8:00 pm
I almost went on a trip with birthright, through Ezra, a group for chasidish couples. In the end it didn't work out because dh age was above the age limit.

amother
Brass

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 1:10 pm
amother Amber wrote:
I went last year on Ezra world’s birthright trip. I am chassidish, and so were all the people that went with us. Go for it! It was an amazing experience! I know that birthright in general is geared for secular Jews, but this particular “branch” is for chassidish couples.

Do u have contact info for chassidish only group?
Did they take u to Har Herzel?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics